Gallery Problems

This subforum contains questions and issues that have either been answered or addressed, or they are no longer applicable/have expired.
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Gallery Problems

Post by bluefooted »

Hey, maybe you've just not gotten to re-installing this feature yet, but I can't seem to upload to the gallery anymore. Just letting you know. Thanks guys! And great job on getting the site back up - you'd never even know it moved :kiss
MizLiz
Lubber
Lubber

Image Gallery Problems

Post by MizLiz »

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

...is what the browser window tells me when I try to follow a link to the image gallery, or anywhere else here at NightScrawlers.

I have tried logging out and back in again, and also switching browsers, but it makes no difference. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Gallery Problems

Post by Bamf Bunny »

The image gallery is broken. When you say "anywhere else", what links do you mean? Chat is certainly working.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Gallery Problems

Post by Bamfette »

The image gallery being fixed relies on the developers of the software making it 1.9 compatable, so it's not something we can just fix, it is far too complex for us to do. well. if we wanted any free time, anyway... so i'm afraid we can't even give a timeframe for its return.

but Bunny's right. aside from the chat there wasn't anything else on NS....

there was Oekaki, but i understand that kinda broke a while ago...
MizLiz
Lubber
Lubber

Gallery Problems

Post by MizLiz »

Sorry to be so unclear. "Anything else" means the Dave Cockrum Image Gallery, Nightcrawler Fan Art Gallery, and Nightcrawler Desktop Wallpapers pages.

I guess those would alll be parts of the "Image Gallery," right? Okay, I'll be patient. Thanks for the response.

ML
cookie1simba
Lubber
Lubber

trouble with the picture gallery

Post by cookie1simba »

hello,

i was trying to go to the image gallery several times, however its not letting me go on it-
i keep getting this blank page with a message saying about the SQL syntax...anyone know what that means?
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Gallery Problems

Post by Crawler »

We recently updated the forums to a new version of the software and the image galleries aren't compatible with this version yet.

We're working on it, but are not sure when the galleries will be functional again.

Sorry!
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
cookie1simba
Lubber
Lubber

Gallery Problems

Post by cookie1simba »

ok, thanks for info
iridani
Lubber
Lubber

picture gallery trouble again

Post by iridani »

Hi there, new user! I noticed below that someone else had had trouble accessing the picture site - I'm also getting the SQL message, and I was wondering whether the gallery was still unavailable, or whether it was something I had to fix myself.

Thanks a bunch
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Gallery Problems

Post by Bamfette »

oh, that's been a problem for months now.... I don't think the photo gallery people have made it compatable with the new forum version, yet. i'd have to check, but they hadn't gotten it working last i checked. we may be moving to a new host in February and then a lot of the annoying bugs willbe fixed, after we install the forum from scratch again.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Gallery Problems

Post by Northstars Love »

Unfortunately, not sure there will be one since the person working on it put it aside because she couldn't get it to work properly. That was 3 months ago. Code has seriously changed between 1.8 and 1.9.1 The original coder for the gallery I don't think is around anymore. So someone else was taking a stab at it.

I use a third party software now Jill. http://www.4homepages.de It's actually quite nice but the drawback is its separate from your board and people have to register to upload images. Or they can be a guest to do that as well if you allow it in the main settings. I prefer them to register.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Gallery Problems

Post by Bamfette »

ugh, X Fan uises that, i hate it >.<
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Gallery Problems

Post by Northstars Love »

The default template is real ugly I agree but it suits XFan because they use the same colors. Although, they have upgraded their boards and they are now blue.

You can choose from several templates now.

My Nightcrawler Website gallery

http://www.nightcrawlerheaven.net/gallery1

I customized the colors myself. This is a non-register gallery. Only I upload art, etc... on here.

Or

My X Dream Gallery

http://www.thexdream.co.uk/gallery

I used a different template which you can customize yourself. As you can see its a lot nicer than that crappy yellow/blue phpbb look XFan uses.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Gallery Problems

Post by Bamfette »

it's not so much the look i hate it's that X-Fan's gallery has always been exceptionally slow loading and difficult to navigate.

yours looks ok, theoug, so maybe i will give it a try.
Nightmare
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Gallery Problems

Post by Nightmare »

I can't see the galleries. Netscape 7.2 and IE both report this when I try...
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE cid='12'' at line 1
I also get an sql warning when I try to U2U someone.

And lastly, My U2U file says I have 15 of 20 messages, of which only 3 can I see... I think I used to have a subfolder that I put some in, that I no longer have access too. :(
Don't hate me because I scare you...
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Gallery Problems

Post by Bamfette »

we never did move hosts (old host billed C's credit card for another year without telling him beforehand) so we never did get those bugs fixed. so yeah, there still is no gallery.

BUT for the u2u's check the sent folder, it counts the messages in that as well.
Nightmare
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Gallery Problems

Post by Nightmare »

BUT for the u2u's check the sent folder, it counts the messages in that as well.
Thanks, that did the trick. :LOL
Don't hate me because I scare you...