Darwin may not have had it all right.

The place to go for debate on politics, religion, sex, and other tasty topics!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Of mice and fleas

Actually, this concept kinda scares me cause it puts a whole lot of more importance on what the hell I did or experienced to the potential lives of my kids. Yikes.

Not saying it is the whole unadultrated thing - but if it could have an impact...you know mothers have enough of a guilt complex already LOL.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well, a lot of it makes a bit of sense. Like it's treated as common knowledge that a mother who gets plenty of folic acid in her diet reduces her child's risk of spina bifida.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

I really dislike that people have to polarize so much all the time (coined on the article).

No, Darwin wasn't wrong, he never said that his theory is the only mean of transfer of information between generations.

And no, Lamarck still isn't right, physical traits still aren't influenced by how often you perform certain tasks. What the article, as the scientifical results, showed was just yet another proof of how adaptable the DNA is, it will always react on outter stimulation.

More on the topic: Seeing as the study among other things also pointed out that fathers who don't starve may have sons with diabetes, therefore deriving something bad from something good, I don't think parents have to be overtly cautious with their lives for the sake of future children. They just can't do it right :P

Just live your lives healthy and the best you can. *sagenod*
:freak :andreas They're fighting!