"You listen to THEM?"

The place to go for debate on politics, religion, sex, and other tasty topics!
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

"You listen to THEM?"

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Oh these guys. I've heard this song before. They were in the Creed/Lifehouse pile all along!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72FkCoJfhgU
Ult_Sm86 wrote: Part of what my argument in the beginning of this whole thing was. Why get angry at someone just because they like or dislike some music? Why throw up arms because they don't think your band is that great? Or because they like someone you don't. It's just.... stupid really.
Well, getting angry is silly but it will definitely change my opinion of a person if they tell me they listen to (here are some non-Christian examples) Nickelback or Tool or Boards of Canada or Gwen Stefani's solo projects or whatever it is they're into. Not always for the worse, I've often found common ground with people over our musical tastes. Man, if someone likes one of my favourite bands it's INSTANT friend credit!

It's definitely one area where I have a lot of trouble lying to be polite. Music is so emotional that if someone tells me they listen to, say, Linkin Park, I might not say anything but it's really hard to keep the disgusted expression off my face. (Linkin Park is not terrible exactly, but if it's one of the bands you mention when talking about music you like, that is terribly sad.)
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

"You listen to THEM?"

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I mentioned them?

I hate Linkin Park! LOL I can't stand them. They're on par with NickelBack, Tool, Creed, disturbed, and those idiots who sing that song about cheating on your girlfriend.

I agree with where you're coming from though, there is instant win-power with those who share the same tastes. And when they like somebody who you consider to be notoriously talentless or just horrible (Linkin park, 50 Cent, etc... in my opinion) you sort of want to drive a hammer through your ear whenever it comes up on their iPod at work/in their car/wherever, and you slowly lose respect.

Strange how that works.... Incredibly judgmental race, we are.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
sovietxzion
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Boy Cereal

"You listen to THEM?"

Post by sovietxzion »

I met Linkin park when they were here, awesome guys though
"Itchy, Rusty, Wretched, my ARSE!"- Jetfire

"I'm not gonna stick it in freja and make her see god, i leave that to the Pros... AKA freak"

"If sex is evil, I comitted a whole lot of evil last night."