BBC Drops the Ball

The place to go for debate on politics, religion, sex, and other tasty topics!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

BBC Drops the Ball

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

BBC seems to have taken the unbias of journalism a bit far. You are still expected to be a moral, ethical, human being, believe it or not.

We can't all be Clark Kents when it comes to reporting, but we sure can at least acknowledge a tremendously inhumane law and not have to debate about it's "ethical standards".

I guess putting gays to death is a debatable topic ....

WTF is wrong with people?
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

BBC Drops the Ball

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

>.< That is so wrong and sickly disgusting I can't believe that it actually exists.

Executing gays? Wrong. Sick and wrong.

Treating it like a topic that is "open for discussion?" DISGUSTING.

I agree. BBC totally dropped the ball. It's one thing to be politically correct -- it's another to treat murder of innocent people like something that is okay.

Makes me want to puke.
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
BitterBamfing
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

BBC Drops the Ball

Post by BitterBamfing »

BBC didn't drop they ball they shot it off with a fricken cannon and didn't look back. Honestly whats next disscusing if maybe its ok to stone women to death?
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

BBC Drops the Ball

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

With that in mind, BBC still has a lot further go if they want to be anything like the jackassery of Fox News
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

BBC Drops the Ball

Post by Slarti »

Oh, do I ever love Jon Stewart. :D
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

BBC Drops the Ball

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

He ceases to Amaze, I agree.
He jumped on their case today for dumbing themselves down when they are in fact Stanford/Oxford grads. The woman (I forget her name but she does the Morning show Fox & Friends or something) who apparently won Miss. America in '89 by playing some fantastic piece on the violin.
His response?:
"You're just dumbing yourself down to connect with an audience that you think sees intellect as an 'elitist flaw'."

However, back to BBC,
I listen to them daily on the NPR and I have never really heard them make any journalistic slip ups like this before, but I can't believe that that ideal, if you can call it that, is up for debate.
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

BBC Drops the Ball

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

Eh. I've given up on the media. Nobody is objective -- they all have a liberal bent, conservative bent, or they try so hard not to be politically incorrect that they allow stupid things like BBC's recent screw up. So I try to discern the facts out of the slew of commentary, and try to form my own opinions.
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

BBC Drops the Ball

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I think majority of America, at this point, is on the same page.

I listen to BBC, Daily Show, MSNBC, CNN, and I watch Fox News for laughs. I also read the local paper, I read Newsweek like it's my Bible, and I tend to skim through Time (lately they're trying so hard to remove any bias their articles lack emotion or even basic human response. It's always facts, numbers, and simple quotations.)
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

BBC Drops the Ball

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Pft, before I read it I thought it was a debate about executing gays in UK.

"Strength through purity"

[Edited on 20/12/2009 by Crocodile Hunter]