Infanticide legal in VA?

The place to go for debate on politics, religion, sex, and other tasty topics!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Infanticide legal in VA?

Post by Angelique »

Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Infanticide legal in VA?

Post by HoodedMan »

I'm sorry, but the commentary on this story is idiotic. There is not a law that creates this loophole; this is simply a situation that was unforeseen by the legislators. This happens all the time and is fixed. What do you expect when laws are so complex and lengthy that even the legislators themselves can't afford to and don't read them? Anyway, they'll be able to charge her with something.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Infanticide legal in VA?

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

"Too close to the abortion issue?" When does a woman's right to her own body get carried to far?
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Infanticide legal in VA?

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Investigators tell WSLS the baby’s airway was still blocked. They say the baby was under bedding and had been suffocated by her mother.
What? So did it die from a blocked airway and suffocate "naturally", or did she actually do anything to harm it?

So was she still hanging around with the cord uncut when her mother found her 10 hours later? This story doesn't make any sense. It reads like its been improperly translated from a foreign language, or was written by a middle school student.
“In the state of Virginia as long as the umbilical cord is attached and the placenta is still in the mother, if the baby comes out alive the mother can do whatever she wants to with that baby to kill it.“, says Investigator Tracy Emerson. “She could shoot the baby, stab the baby. As long as it’s still attached to her in some form by umbilical cord or something it’s no crime in the state of Virginia.“
Well it's good to see that Virginia employs only the most professional and objective of investigators, to go along with its brilliant journalists.

Jesus.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Infanticide legal in VA?

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Mother won't be charged with baby's death because...
Campbell Co. investigators say the umbilical cord and placenta were still attached, so the law does not consider the baby a separate life
So conjoined twins are what? A visible split personality disorder?
I dunno... the whole situation seems rather stupid.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS