PS3 and Why it's a Bad Buy

The place to go for debate on politics, religion, sex, and other tasty topics!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

To me ps3 is a waste of money. Once playstation realizes that the point of buisness is to MAKE money not waste it, then they'll ditch the blu-ray, (which only a small pool of rich people can afford, cuz who wants to pay 36 $ for a dvd) and they'll understand that by doing that they'll save at least a hundred bucks and knock the price down to a place where more people then just the over-excited, rich, gamer-nerds will be able to get it. The market isn't just the gamers anymore (as wii has proven) and they also need to make games that are as accessible as Wii games, not just single-platform, mind blowing graphic games. Those are good, but if they're saying "this is all our system is good for" then buy a X-Box, it's not worth it sirs, it's not worth it. Even mgs4 is bound to be released on Wii atleast within a year of it's prominent PS3 release. Why you ask? Because he's not only appearing in Super Mario Smash Bros, but it seems there may be a DS companion game for MGS4, an in-between the in-between game. What happens between three and four, and two and three.

I always tell people this ps3's biggest problem is that

X-box leaves people like this: :worship

Wii: Leaves people like this: :fun

and PS3 has a bad habit of leaving people like this: :flame and this :hate

From price to obnoxiously spread out good release dates, they make many mistakes with every system (playstation that is.) People say "wouldn't you rather have a decent game and have to wait then have it rushed and come out like crap?"

You want to say yes, but the true answer is no. No you don't want to have to wait for MGS4, that should have been out for this christmas, same with Wii's Super mario Smash Bros. but like the Wii they're gonna feel the pains of this later in the upcoming quarter. Thank god, Wii has something to hold itself over (Super Mario Galaxy and a few other decent controller-utilizing releases), but Sadly, aside from Heavenly Sword, PS3 has sh*t until MGS4 can come out, or atleast KH3. (and even KH3 might make a wii/ds debut.)

Playstation says anything you can do I can do better.
Wii says, "Anything you can do, I can do different".

And different is (a lot of the time,) good. Are the graphics the same? HELL NO. The beauty of ps3 is the amazing graphics and sound. But when you have that Wii controller in your hand, I mean really have it you're on on one with someone in Wii Boxing or Cooking Mama, Twilight Princess, or your cutting someone up in trauma center, you're in control during play in a way you didn't really think of before. There's of course other games (such as Wario) I could use as an example, but so far in my opinion those four utilize it the best. There's something unique and ultimately special when you are playing with the Wii, something PS3 Can never do because they don't think out of the box, they think competition in gaming means graphics, not demographics.

And as the owner of Wii said when asked what he thinks of the competition (i.e. microsoft/sony)

"What competition? We're our own system now, there's no one else like us, and nothing else can touch us."

[Edited on 6/12/07 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Originally posted by Ult_Sm86
To me ps3 is a waste of money. Once playstation realizes that the point of buisness is to MAKE money not waste it, then they'll ditch the blu-ray, (which only a small pool of rich people can afford, cuz who wants to pay 36 $ for a dvd)

Eh, Blu-Ray is not an DVD, average Blue-Ray holds 25GB of stuff and average DVD holds 4,5GB.

Oh btw.
Hitachi has recently showcased 100 GB Blu-ray Disc, which consists of four layers containing 25 GB each. Unlike TDK and Panasonic's 100 GB disc, this disc is readable on standard Blu-ray drives that are currently in circulation, and it is believed that a firmware update is the only requirement to make it readable to current players and drives.[114] TDK has also produced a 200 GB six-layer prototype
-
Even mgs4 is bound to be released on Wii atleast within a year of it's prominent PS3 release.
Wrong.
Then they would have to make a completely new MGS4 because the one they are developing now can't possibly work on Wii. The capacity of the Wii Optical Disc is not enough for the MGS4, the graphics engine of the game cannot work on the Wii and they would need to make a whole new control system for the game. This means that they are not going to make another MGS4 just for Wii.

Am I the only one who sees the "Wii vs PS3" and "Sony vs Nintendo" war-like stuff in this?

I want PS3 cause of MGS4, KZ2 and future games.
I don't want Xbox360 cause of the possibility of my Xbox randomly getting fucked up.
I don't want Wii because I'm not interested of the whole innovative controls and other innovative and fun stuff.

Also you can't just say that PS3 is bad and Wii is better because Wii makes innovative games and PS3 has the same controls as always before.

People want different stuff, I'm more interested of Assassins Creed and MGS4 with good controls then I'm of "Midnight Golfer 2000" or something similiar.

[Edited on 6/12/2007 by Crocodile Hunter]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

no no i don't mean to make it that Wii is better, I just think it's a better BUY. To me it gives more than it's worth, where as the PS3 I think does not.

X-box 360 does as well.

Also, if you think MGS 4 or some sort of game that ties along with it is NOT coming out for a major nintendo plat form, you crazy. Hideo Kojima WANTS it to come out for wii, but he's said what you already said right now it can't support it.
But the man DOES have a weakness for new technology and I think he REALLY wants to utilize that wii mote.

and you're misreading me I'm not saying ps3 is bad because they have kept the same remote, i never once said that, I said they have stayed the same completely they just upgraded their dvd player and graphics and asked for more money. No one but the most dedicated gamers and/or collectors are willing to buy this system. The proof is in the profits.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

I said they have stayed the same completely they just upgraded their dvd player and graphics and asked for more money
But thats exactly what has happened always that is what a new console is, better graphics and new shit.

Nintendo 8-bit -- Super Nintendo -- Nintendo 64 -- Gamecube
Playstation -- Playstation 2 -- Playstation 3
Xbox -- Xbox360

Only innovative console to ever work has been Wii.

In that case Xbox360 was just as bad buy when it was first released as Playstation 3 is now.
Xbox360 had upgraded system to roll with better graphics and that's it, they asked for more money.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Those weren't my only reasons why it was a bad buy just a major reason. Give the rest of the argument it's dues. X-Box offers something ps3 doesn't, affordable gaming.

Also,

Only innovative console to ever work has been Wii.
says something about the system doesn't it?

you sorta made my point for me on that one...:whistle
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

We're planning on buying a wii for the kids...if we can find one. A whole year of being released and they are as hard to come by as the were in the beginning. Its a bit frusterating. I'm not quite sure why they aren't stepping up the production of them.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

They're doing the best they can but you're right they could be doing a lot more.
I feel bad for ps3 though because they're still trying to sell off last christmas' systems, I see them and if they have a punctured or dented box they take 70 bucks off, that's how badly they need to sell them.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by Crocodile Hunter
"Midnight Golfer 2000"
hahaha

I'm going to stick with my sweet sweet PC.

Though Assassin's Creed looks fucking rad and if they aren't making it for PC I may have to reconsider.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir