filler '...................' in posts

This subforum contains announcements from previous years (2002-2015). These announcements may no longer be applicable.
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

Originally posted by Crawler
I'm guessing there are some posts that have been deleted from the middle of this thread, and it's an unspoken rule that you don't do that when they're essential to the conversation...
You guess right. I've noticed that some other boards have a setting where you can only delete a post if there are no replies to it... does this board software have anything similar? Might be an option, as right now people can delete their posts from threads in progress, as seen here... or even delete whole threads they start if they happen to not like how they go!
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

:huh. There does seem to be an inconsistant flow in this thread now. Posts have been deleted....hmmm....Sorry, I mistakenly said "Off-Topic Antics only". I should have said "games in Off-Topic Antics only":oops But I agree with you Crawler. Rules need to be made in order to keep things flowing smoothly. Sometimes we need to be reminded of that:) Jill spoke. We need to adhere to it. No questions asked. 50 characters is not too much to ask to post. I agree. The other forum board I belong to seem to let things get out of hand to where there is name calling and ludicrous threads being open about the most idiotic things. Some against other members of the site. Not pretty. I have since left but found a home here. And I appreciate you, Jill, and what the other mods have done to keep this site going.

A TOAST TO ALL OF YOU!:beer
Sandy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Sandy »

Just for the record: Bamfette, I really like it here :) At the moment, it's the ONLY forum on the internet where I post. I do lurk on a few others, but those just drive me mad... :X

I, too, have seen to many boards go the way of the über-mad dodo :D

So I'd like to join bamf!nightcrawler: A toast to the admins! :beer
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

This is the only board where i post to...i used to do it in several ones but this is the best and since i don't have time anymore because of work..guess where i decided to stay? :D
anyway i must say i'm sorry because i jumped off and i started all but i have to say i wasn't talking about this thread in particular i was talking in general and since i thought its unfair then i started here with no reason..so my apologies.
And i dunno if i say this before but i'm one of Jill and Christopher's biggest supporter! :D
*joins the toast with Sandy and Bamf!nightcrawler* :beer
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

i already explained this to Chris personally, but i'll make my official statement here too ;)

i deleted my posts because, what i said was taken in the wrong context, and didnt come out how i meant it to come out, and i figured the best idea was to get rid of everything, i didnt want to be seen as a trouble maker..because im not (even Jill knew i didnt mean anything in a rude way)

so i thought the best idea was to just walk away.....sorry :oops

-xxx-

:kiss

EDIT >> Well MPW, i liked your phrases alot better than anything i had come up with, so i used them. But, if youd like, i'll change them.

There does seem to be an inconsistant flow in this thread now. Posts have been deleted....hmmm....
Call me King!
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

Tatu, if you wanted me to post my private message publicly, you need only have said the word. I sent it privately for your benefit.

Taking pieces of a correspondence sent privately and reproducing them in your chosen context and without permission, however, is extraordinarily poor manners.

And here I thought I had said something that got through.
Nightfollower
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Nightfollower »

The 50 character idea is good. But I gotta admit, it's hard work coming up with 50 characters when all you really want to say is something like "wow! thats great! I love it!".

As for what Jill said earlier about a lot of the new people "scaring" the old ones away, I couldnt agree more. I miss the "oldies" :(
Nightfollower.

Insert sig here.

LiveJournal
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Originally posted by Nightfollower
The 50 character idea is good. But I gotta admit, it's hard work coming up with 50 characters when all you really want to say is something like "wow! thats great! I love it!".

But Jill and Chris want more thought out responses than that. "wow! that's great! I love it!" is fine but elaborate on the reason "why" you like it. There you will find you will go well over 50 characters:)
Nightfollower
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Nightfollower »

LOL! True, I suppose I have to put more thought into congratulatory and praising comments. I mean, I dunno about everybody else, but I'm pretty damn blunt...

Hey, whaddaya know? lately i've been making it past the 50C thingy :D
Nightfollower.

Insert sig here.

LiveJournal
Fuzzy_Jr.
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Fuzzy_Jr. »

Yea, at first it was a bit hard, but then I forced myself to write in complete sentences... (er, well sorta) and it all worked out.
N-No Season Five? *Wince* *Whimper* WAHAHAHAHA! *Twitch*