New chat features - post spoilers without changing your colo

This subforum contains announcements from previous years (2002-2015). These announcements may no longer be applicable.
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf Bunny »

In the chat color bar, there's a dark blue on the left that matches the chat background. If you choose this as your color, text you type will be hidden until a user selects it or issues the /spoiler command.

If you don't want to change colors - you've found just the perfect one, say, or you only want to type one spoilered post - you can now type the following:

/sh This is secret!

The text will be hidden but your color will remain unchanged.

Those who like variety can type /secret , /hidden , or /psst instead. It's all the same - I just wanted to have a two-letter command like /to or /me.
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

New chat features - post spoilers without changing your color!

Post by NightPoofer »

Hey! That's really useful Bamf Bunny thanks for the information.
sapphirescimitar
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

New chat features - post spoilers without changing your color!

Post by sapphirescimitar »

Bunny.. It doesn't show my colour. I pressed /secret and all that good stuff, but it didn't show my colour for me nor for anyone else. It appears as white, and nothing else.
Cocnuts.
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Let me clarify - when I say "without changing your color", I mean you don't have to pick the spoiler color from the color bar and then change back later. The spoiled text is still hidden (when spoilers are turned off) or white (when they're on.)
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.