The Triumvirate Email address is temporarily disabled

This subforum contains announcements from previous years (2002-2015). These announcements may no longer be applicable.
Executive Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Deus ex machina

Post by Executive Administrator »

Apparently a spammer has targetted "Trimvirate_@_nightscrawlers.com" and to a lesser degree "saintkurt_@_nightscrawlers.com".

Our host has been blocking over 29,000 spam messages to these accounts per day for the last two days. Until the "spam storm" or what ever it is, stops these accounts are disabled for Nightscrawlers.

We are not sure who initiated the spam attack, nor is the host able to track down the source at this point. The only thing we are both firm on is that it's annoying.

I apologise for any inconvienience. If you need to contact the Triumvirate for any reason where you would normally use the triumvirate email address, please for the time being U2U the executive administrator. Everything will be passed along to the rest of the triumvirate from there.

Thanks.
-e
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

This is just an FYI that triumvirate@nightscrawlers.com and all the other nightscrawlers email addresses are up and working again.

Thanks for your patience.

-e
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

Due to a second spam attack of a similar nature to the first - Nightscrawlers mail is once again down.

All accounts with a nightscrawlers.com address (which include the triumvirate, saintkurt, bamfette, and northstar's mail accounts) will be disabled for the time being.

The host has given us a 1 to 2 week estimate on the down time (to put in better firewalls etc), but I'm hoping I can convince them to speed things up.

Thanks
-e