Crawler in new video game

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Crawler wrote:I was also thinking about the tail bands (and the design over all) and why they might do that. Now, it's possible that they just thought they looked cool. However, I think it's likely that they added bands of bright color to a very dark tail so that you can see it. Provided that he uses his tail to do things, and that you encounter him in a fairly dark environment, you're going to need bright colors on his tail to see it or else people will be being thrown around by...nothing. His hands, feet, and face are less troublesome for this, since your brain is going to automatically fill in those spaces when you see his arm or hat or leg moving. But a tail is not usual...so you'll need to be able to see it.

So the tail bands may be a technical need.
This is a really good point. Though I can't help but think there could have been something less weird than those bands. Hot pink tail sock?
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Quote: Originally posted by Crawler
I was also thinking about the tail bands (and the design over all) and why they might do that. Now, it's possible that they just thought they looked cool. However, I think it's likely that they added bands of bright color to a very dark tail so that you can see it. Provided that he uses his tail to do things, and that you encounter him in a fairly dark environment, you're going to need bright colors on his tail to see it or else people will be being thrown around by...nothing. His hands, feet, and face are less troublesome for this, since your brain is going to automatically fill in those spaces when you see his arm or hat or leg moving. But a tail is not usual...so you'll need to be able to see it.

So the tail bands may be a technical need.

This is a really good point. Though I can't help but think there could have been something less weird than those bands. Hot pink tail sock?

I somehow think this would be chucked off the drawing board, but it's got it's own merits.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Something like that would definitely serve a dual purpose.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

fourpawsonthefloor wrote:
I somehow think this would be chucked off the drawing board, but it's got it's own merits.
This really makes me miss the Mr. Happy's Hat smiley. Ahhhhh memories!

[Edited on 7/9/11 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Game came in the mail today. Haven't played it yet though. Have to wait for boyfriend's mom to stop hogging the television. :shifty
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Wait, it's out? Already?

Why did I think it was a November release?

.... Shit. I'm broke right now too. I put the money into Arkham City...
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS