Why Kurrty???

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Why Kurrty???

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by NachtcGleiskette

*EDIT*
OH! That Nocturne origins arc is coming up very very soon! That should be a damn good read....:nocturne
*pictures 4 issues of Kurt and Wanda going at it* Neat!
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Why Kurrty???

Post by Confizzle »

I liked Kurtty on the bases that I hated Lance, but now I'd rather have her with Pete Wisdom, and Kurt with anyone cept Amanda, sorry I just don't like her. But my favorite would be Kurt/Wanda Nocture rules!
digigirl02
Lubber
Lubber

Why Kurrty???

Post by digigirl02 »

I personaly like kurt/wanda, but kurt/kity is okay.
Kurtbamf
Lubber
Lubber

Why Kurrty???

Post by Kurtbamf »

I'm aware that this post is YEARS dead and I'm far too late but I can't help myself. These thoughts are based soley on Evo.

Prepare for the ultimate answer to the question "Why Kurtty?"

Let me start off by saying I am a fan of Kurtty. I am a BIG fan of Kurtty. Kurt and Kitty are my two favorite characters in evo, mostly because they have such depth, ESPECIALLY Kitty. Her attitude takes a complete 180 from the beginning of the series to the end, making her one of the only "dynamic" characters in Evo. Kurt...well...I don't have to say why Kurt is awesome to this crowd ;).

Now, I have nothing against the aforementioned pairings of Kuroro, Kurwanda, Kurtabby, and Kurmanda but here is why (in my opinion) these don't work for Evo:

Kuroro isn't a good match in Evo simply because of the age gap between them and the lack of chemistry. Kurt and Ororo hardly even TALK to each other in the series let alone let on any romantic feelings. In the comics and the movie this is far more plausible but in Evo, there are no grounds for it.

Kurwanda is a similar problem. There is no chemistry between them. Kurt and Wanda talk to each other maybe once (in Impact) and, though the conversation has a positive end, it's hardly amorous on either side. The only basis for Kurwanda in Evo is from their pairing in the comic books. Other than that, the relationship based on Evo alone simply can't stand.

Kurtabby actually IS in Evo so it's flaws come from the characters themselves. Kurt's problem, in Evo, is simply that he's so down on himself that he usually falls in love with any girl who gives him the time of day. This is most easily shown in "Badda Bing Badda Boom" where his mind completely changes about her the minute she calls him "cute" (From "maniac" to adoring her decorative dotting of "i"s). Kurt has had 3, cannon, loves by the end of the show so it's quite obvious that he wears his heart on his sleeve. Tabby, on the other hand, is clearly a flirt. She has her finger under everyone's chin and takes whatever she wants from any boy she comes across (Ie: Walk on the Wild Side). Tabby and Kurt's relationship, therefore, is shakey since Kurt's heart is easily captured and Tabby never truly gives her heart away. In my opinion, Tabby is USING Kurt through most of her introduction episode (which, might I point out, is the ONLY episode that these two characters show any romantic involvment throughout the entire series) to have a good time. Also, I find it far more likely that Tabby and Amara are lovers as is easily witnessed in Cruise Control. This can be taken as very close friends but, even so, they're far more interactive than Kurt and Tabby ever were.

Kurmanda is also present in Evo and it is cannon. Therefore, there's no sense in going into why the show doesn't support this, there's only why, in my opinion, they don't work. Amanda's characterization is completely two dimensional. We meet her for the first time in Shadow Dance which is also where she first gets together with Kurt. This gives us, as the audience, no time to see and relate to her. Also, and she says this herself, she isn't interested in Kurt for his personality but rather his appearance. Kurt, as mentioned before, falls in love with any girl who doesn't run away screaming. Thus, Amanda fits the bill. Their relationship is then based purely on Amanda's curiosity and Kurt's desperation. This is not a strong foundation for a relationship to build upon. For this reason, whereas Kurmanda is IN Evo, I hardly feel it's the best match for either party.

That brings us to Kurtty and all the reasons it DOES work for Evo:

First off, the fact that Kitty WAS terrified of Kurt is one of the strongest reasons their relationship works. Her feelings on his appearance go from disgusted to encouraging him to "dazzle them with the real you". This proves that Kitty appreciates Kurt for his PERSONALITY and not his appearance. Also, it shows that she has completely come to terms with what he looks like and, not only accepts it, but prefers it. She is a constant supporter of Kurt and the two of them have an undeniably close bond.

Kurt's attraction to Kitty is prevelant in more than one episode during seasons 1 & 2. He shows feelings for her in more episodes than Amanda and Tabby combined. Even after Tabby has left the mansion in "Badda Bing Badda Boom" he still pursues Kitty, attempting to give her a kiss in "On Angel's Wings". This persistant chasing of her goes against his usual nature of "love her if she can stand the sight of me" as Kitty's first encounters with him were negative. Kurt's interest in her also, obviously, branches out beyond physical interest as they become best friends throughout the course of the show.

Making the leap from best friends to lovers is an easy one, especially when one party already had feelings to begin with. It's not too hard to imagine Kitty falling for Kurt as well since she can obviously see past the physical to the lovable elf that lies just beyond.

Kitty and Kurt are each other's "rocks". They GET each other. When Kitty needs time alone (Grim Reminder), Kurt will keep the others at bay. When Kurt needs a partner in crime (Cruise Control), Kitty is his loyal cohort. They make each other laugh, they come to each other first when trying new things (be it messing with the holowatch or making muffins), and they accept each other for everything that they are whether it's blue and furry or a horrible driver. They're best friends AND they're lovers giving them the strongest attatchment two people can have.

Kitty is far from perfect. She can't cook, she can't drive, she's a shop-a-holic, and a complete idiot when it comes to guys. Kurt has his issues too like his overwhelming insecurity, his over-the-top joking, his impressionable personality, and a glutton to boot. They have their good points too. Both have kind hearts, constantly think of others, and can both be pretty silly and off the wall. They care about each other for WHO they are and not what they can do.

That is the answer to "Why Kurtty?". Or at least it is in my opinion. I could go on more with examples of why they should be together and how I believe this would come to be in the show but I think I've got the basics down. Hopefully, this answered that question.

[Edited on 5/3/08 by Kurtbamf]
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Why Kurrty???

Post by Elfdame »

Funny, I always got kinda brother-sister vibes from Kurt and Kitty. Not like real ones, but y'know how some relationships work that way? Shoot, I'm sidling up to 50 and I *still* have brother-sister friendships forming. I think they like to pick on each other and stuff.

Since he doesn' t have much depth in Evo, I can't complain that it would be silly to pair a sensitive guy with a shallow girl, but as you say, she does grow some.

Just my 2 cents and I'm probably too old to really figure out all these teen relationships.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Why Kurrty???

Post by the_lone_bamf »

I have to agree with Elfdame. I guess my opinions are colored by canon comicsverse(s). I think the other reason I generally find myself eye-rolling at this pairing is because all too often in fanfiction (not just X-men, but any fandom) I come across stories which are clearly written by someone who is writing their OC or canon character of their choice as basically themselves- so they can have virtual make out sessions with the fictional object of their desire. I think I've come across a few too many fics by authors "KittyGrrl95" about Kurt and Kitty to rake the pairing seriously...

Also- I totally laughed at the percentage breakdown of the fanfics by pairing. :D
Image Image
"Every living creature is unique-- it is a part of our charm."
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Why Kurrty???

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

I think it in fanfiction has a lot to do with the 'following' that it garners for sure. We've all seen enough trite 'omg they are SO IN LOVE' fic to choke even those with the most sweet of teeth. I've seen good kurtty. I've seen a LOT of bad Kurtty. But then, expecially with places like ff.net, there is a lot of work seperating the wheat from the chaff.

And I look back and my first fan fic was terrible. LOL ><

So yeah. I've seen the most unlikely pairings done very well, and canon ones done with great suck, but that's all on the skill of the writer. Done well Kurtty can be cute.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

EvoKurManda

Post by Elfdame »

Been a while since I checked Evo out of library (I took a brief hiatus when the 4-yr-old granddaughter started telling her parents she had super powers *ahem*), but I think I recall Amanda confessing that she had her eye on Kurt *before* she saw him as he really is. I picture a scene near lockers???

The old grey mare, she ain't what she used ta be ... can't remember exactly. I do seem to recall that the reason she saw him change that day was because she was kinda watching him out of corner of her eye, you know how kids do, look while trying to appear NOT to be looking? So he may have attracted her attention just by being his goofball self.

And, for the record, no, I didn't care for the EvoKurManda pairing, although I did love her a bit for saying, "Blue is my favorite color." That was sweet and classy.

This may be the excuse I need to check out the series again bwahahahahahhaha........

But then, I kinda liked Todd myself. I have this thing about guys who can cling to walls .....
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Why Kurrty???

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Originally posted by Elfdame
But then, I kinda liked Todd myself. I have this thing about guys who can cling to walls .....
While I liked him from a comic relief standpoint, the fanfics writers love for the tongue will always leave me shuddering.

For evo kurmana I have to admit I'm still influence by canon's relationship there - which to me was always a bit incestuous. Which I know - different take, au, supposed to look at it different...but I couldn't totally seperate it.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Why Kurrty???

Post by the_lone_bamf »

Yeah Elfdame, you;re right- that's in "Shadow Dance" when she's telling him she knows he doesn't always look normal. Something to the effect of "I already kind of liked you" but then after she saw him change in the hallway (kinda reckless of Kurt!) she said "I knew I had to get to know you". I thought Amanda was sweet enough in the series- but yes- she pretty much just is "Kurt's girlfriend".

Still, give her props for sticking by him in season 3.

(Also- give the costume designer props for that season two. Kurt's sweater-jean combo is HOT. ^_~)
Image Image
"Every living creature is unique-- it is a part of our charm."
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Todd

Post by Elfdame »

No, dearie, the tongue thing doesn't even come into it for me. I'm very stodgy. But I liked EvoToad because he had a fun sense of humor, bounced around a lot, and in his own way was more "together" than most of the brotherhood.

Okay, yeah, he was the kinda guy I hung out with in high school. The freak with a sense of humor who basically liked himself (herself) but wasn't allowed to fit in. (Some of these folks are college professors and stuff now, no big surprise there.)

Although Toad was more of a brown-nose than any of my buds would have been.

And then there's the wall-crawling thing again ...

Wish-I-Had-A-Tail
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Summer Movie Writing Challenge Winner

Why Kurrty???

Post by Wish-I-Had-A-Tail »

rockstar wrote:Kurrty Alert: X-Men Evolution the Comic!

If anyone has read the Evolution Comic series (as short as it was), there was a bit of flirting between Kurt and Kitty in one of the books. Kitty is trying to cheer Kurt up about his appearence, and she steals Amanda's line when she says "Blue is my favorite color."

Yeah I know =D it's way better than when Amanda says it. I usualy don't like evo nightcrawler, becaues they messed up his history completely, but I loved the comix (because they put a little canon into each of the characters). Anyways, doesn't anyone else think he'd kinda be wary of Kitty after she, you know, kind of freaked out in every possible verse after seeing him the first time? Or is that just me? :X:X
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Why Kurrty???

Post by Elfdame »

He might be wary, but a gregarious person like Kurt would be more likely to try to win her over. At least in real life. Also, face it, she may be freaked out by his looks, but she is freaked out by her own mutation, so in a sense it's them against the world and that gives them a LOT in common.

As my Daddy used to tell me, "These things take time." :) Kitty is a cute, bubbly girl and Kurt might be attracted to that (in a brotherly or boyfriend way, take your pick) enough to make it a goal of his to win her over.

Wish-I-Had-A-Tail
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Summer Movie Writing Challenge Winner

Why Kurrty???

Post by Wish-I-Had-A-Tail »

hmm, i guess you could look at it that way, but it still seems like he'd be kind of... i guess mad at her. I'd be mad at her. lol :bamf
BrittanyGritty
Lubber
Lubber

Why Kurrty???

Post by BrittanyGritty »

I am a Kurtty fan myself. :love

Reason: Even though Kitty and Kurt didn't get along at first, they ended up really good close friends. The best romantic relationships start off as good friendships. (Most of them anyway) Also I liked them together because it seemed like Kurt helped Kitty become a better person. Kurt helped her realize not to judge person on the outside, or what they look like. It took Kurt a while but Kitty ended up not basing judgements on looks but rather on personality. I also thought it would be cute for a peppy girl to be dating a blue fuzzy German boy. :smug
ShadowGirl
Lubber
Lubber

Why Kurrty???

Post by ShadowGirl »

I think Kitty and Kurt would be ok together but not necessarily perfect for eachother. I do however think he and Storm make a great couple! :D
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Why Kurrty???

Post by Jeremus »

I still like EvoKurtmanda. I can't see Kitty as anything but a good friend/sister type. Maybe they could have developed something more, but I liked the Evo Amanda character.
If only they'd continued the series......
Nachtkriec
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Why Kurrty???

Post by Nachtkriec »

hey doenst anyone like kurt and wanda pairing?
Der Unglaubliche Nachtkriec!
The Incredible Nightcrawler!
http://www.midtowncomics.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/
(those arent my websites)
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Why Kurrty???

Post by Jeremus »

Maybe if they'd continued the series and developed her less volitile character more. (I can't remember....wasn't she still with the Brotherhood at the end of the series?)

I still like EvoKurtmanda.
angel_in_blue
Lubber
Lubber

Why Kurrty???

Post by angel_in_blue »

I'm a Kurtty fan, BECAUSE...

At first, Kitty's all afraid of Kurt(and, although, she was annoying at first, I grew to like her :)). That brings up Kurmanda. I mean, I think they're an okay couple. But, it seemed all forced. And, plus when Amanda said "Blue is my favorite color" It seemed that all she was really interested in was dating a mutant just for the kicks. As opposed to Kitty's "Show them the real you", which shows that overtime during the series Kitty has come to look past Kurt's appearance, and accept him for who he truly is. Also, I've heard the argument that the reason these two can't be together is because they're more like friends. Well, I say, that's exactly the point! To me, in order to have a good relationship there has to be a friendship. It makes it even cuter, you know?

And, I'm sorry to all you Lancitty fans, but...I just don't like Lance. I mean, he has his moments...but, he's just bad news to me. I would never want him as a boyfriend. He's too abusive to Kitty. Plus, in X-Impulse, he took advantage of Kitty's power by using her to phase into the Principal's office in order to change test answers or something like that... And, I know Lance can be sometimes a sympathetic character, but he's too angry. And, if he's not too careful, he might end up hurting someone.

But, anyway, that's just my opinion.

Auf Wiedersehn! :bamf