Wolverine vs Nightcrawler

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!

Total votes: 0

Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Originally posted by Esynthia
I agree with Steyn.

and it sounds familiar because that's how Sabes was killed. :shifty *looks out for scummy*
NOT. FREAKIN'. DEAD.

Anyway. Nighty, hands down. Totes. Coz Wolvie plain sucks.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Can I have pics of him reading Origin of Species and his whoopin Spidey? Plz & thnx
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

He didn't necessarily whoop him.
:sketchy

:tail bumped into :spidey and thought he was the bad guy the x-men were after meanwhile :spidey thought :peek was the bad guy they were after, so they fought, and then nightcrawler bitched out when S.H.I.E.L.D. or someone showed up and thought they were BOTH responsible and :bamf 'ed outta there. Not the best storyline.

Steyn has some link somewhere. He had a banner for me that used some of its artwork which is only not up cuz of the competition banner.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

he bamfed out the first time, they met again a little later on and NC was still being betterer then spidey, then that asshat Punisher came along and ruined everything like he always does. I have no link of him reading any Origin of Species, but I do have the link to him and spidey fighting, just a review site, so there's only like a couple strips from the comic book in there, would like to see the whole book though

Link
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Whoa, whoa ... I realise this is a Nighty forum, but as a DIEHARD Spidey fan, I gotta object to Steyn's assertion that "NC was still being betterer then spidey." Spidey is always my #1. Even when he gets his tail kicked. Nighty is as close a second as you can get w/o phasing through somebody.

And I enjoyed that first meeting ... I liked the mistaken identity angle. I have a cute issue where they go up against some hired killer after Arcade refused Jardine's assignment to off the arachnid. Not the most intriguing storyline, but has some great lines on both halfs. In my fanfic, I have Kurt saying at one point, "Ja, der Spider and I have bantered many foes into submission," b/c I think they both have that knack of putting people off-guard with irritating witty comments.

Now y'all can get back to the actual topic of the thread ... and I don't know who'd win; but I do know that in Ye Olden Days, dearest Nightcrawler lost to Wolverine ALL THE TIME in their made-up war games.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

tah, that's just it, they were, and I quote
in their made-up war games.
If they went for the kill at eachother, Nighty would win, hands down.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by steyn
tah, that's just it, they were, and I quote
in their made-up war games.
If they went for the kill at eachother, Nighty would win, hands down.
I'm sure if Marvel for some strange reason decided to pit them against each other in a death match, it would be found that NC can't teleport Wolvie's head off because of the magical and mysterious metal covering his bones.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

Damn you magic metal! Damn you!
Bobj1
Lubber
Lubber
Title: Banned

Post by Bobj1 »

Nighty could always chop his head offnow theres a thought.... :wolvie :engarde
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

No he couldn't. The adamantium skeleton keeps his bones from being severed. adamantium is just kickass like that. hence Gambit's bo staff :D
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

*cough*Magic Sword*cough*
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Originally posted by steyn
If they went for the kill at each other, Nighty would win, hands down.
I would disagree, at least for most incarnations of 'Crawler. Maybe AOA or the dude in Belasco's service -- I am not an authority on NC as I only discovered him last year! -- but in general he doesn't have the killer instinct. Usually it takes that. I understand people can and do kill when it's distasteful to them, but it seems that Nightcrawler tends to get by on his wits but Wolverine flows into the berserker rage to git'r'done. Most of the time, I don't see NC killing with the ease of Wolverine.

Okay, now I have to apologize to his late big brother Stephan, huh? But that was diff, nein?

Or is the actual question: could he lethally best Wolverine? I mean, at all? In that case, yeah, everything's a possibility, b/c it would take cunning to do so and he has that in barrelsful (depending on the writer; some people just seem to enjoy using him as a Raggedy Andy doll to be tossed around). But in general, I'd lay bets on the killing machine. He'd be tough enough to do the job. Although he did have trouble trying to kill Reed Richards, Daredevil, et al in "Enemy of the State."
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Bobj1
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Bobj1 »

Actually steyn I like Nighty and hope he wins but his sword can only cut through supernatural beings it says in The Winding Way.

:logan :engarde

[Edited on 9/6/08 by Bobj1]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

There's nothing out there saying Kurt can't port adamantium appendages.

I mean hell if Hulk can rip Logan in half...

But regardless, the adamantium is so his bones never shatter and I suppose you can say separate too, but Kurt would have just make sure he teleports the arm and it's skeletal bones.
If it came down to it and he couldn't port the bones made of adamantium, maybe he could teleport Logan's "Balls of steal" off. Sure he'll heal. But damn.

That said, this sort of has become a new argument of who will win? Science (:wolvie) or magic (:bamf) ? Clearly that's where this debate is going to go. And if adamantium is "magic" then so's Kurt's :bamf and magic beats magic. :D (At least in my book)

[Edited on 9/6/08 by Ult_Sm86]
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

Bobj, I was speaking about the magic sword that Wolverine used to cut through sabertooth's adamantium bones. Choppy Choppy, handsy and headsy goes offy!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

I’m loathe to even step into this topic, because it just comes down to defending your own personal favorite as the biggest bad-ass in the Marvel U. Any character can kick any other character’s ass in service to the story and depending on how the writer decides to interpret their powers/skills.

But throwing logic aside, since this is comics, I’m gonna point out that adamantium on Logan’s bones does nothing to prevent his bones from separating. He may have super duper, extra special, ka-pow magic healing connective tissue, but he still has connective tissue holding those adamantium bones together. There can’t be adamantium in that connective tissue, or he would be as seized up as the Tin Man without his oil can.

And for the record, Logan and Kurt were generally playing hide and seek for beer… not really indicative of ‘killing’ skill.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Originally posted by Ult_Sm86But regardless, the adamantium is so his bones never shatter and I suppose you can say separate too...
Well, his bones are laced with adamantium. Doesn't say anything about discs, spinal cord, muscles, and such. There's quite a bit of soft, non-boney stuff between, around, and through some crucial bones like vertebrae, so Wolvie should literally watch his neck.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

which all brings us back to my very first original post:
Oh puhleeze, nightcrawler can win a fight against wolverine, just port wolvie's head off his body, voila, dead wolvie, nighty win.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Originally posted by Angelique
Well, his bones are laced with adamantium. Doesn't say anything about discs, spinal cord, muscles, and such. There's quite a bit of soft, non-boney stuff between, around, and through some crucial bones like vertebrae, so Wolvie should literally watch his neck.
...I already said that.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Re-iterating Possibly?

I agree with slarti that that's what it does come down to a lot, but if you looked at it, pretty much any of the X-men could kill any/all the x-men in one night, one-on-one each for some, except maybe.... Scott?
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

Bman, are you saying Scott wouldn't be able to kill his X-Men or that he's not able to *be* killed? b/c I think both are possible.
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Bobj1
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Bobj1 »

Look scott has more experience then all of them! He could beat them up!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

pffft, wolverine has more experience then scott, one of the reasons because the guy can just as well be some kind of great grandfather of him twice removed. And seriously? Scott against NC? Nc can just kill him the same way he kills wolvie, Bamf, head port, win!
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

I'll say again. NC would win. Agree with Steyn.

Wolverine sucks.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Anyone could kill Scott. Phoenix has killed him. He supposedly died when he merged with Apocalypse during the Twelve thing.

Plus, have to agree with Scum and Steyn. ;)