who would be your fave Nightcrawler and any X-women couple?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Thanks for fixing the link, Bob. :) And what you said regarding Logurt echoes my thoughts exactly.

Already read it, Paws? It's definitely the best I've ever read. The author really does go that "extra mile" indeed, and I must admit I love the ending. I love how their personalities are expanded.

We really do need some Kurt and Logan fun. Maybe he'll show up when Kurt gets back from outer space. (Because of his secret mutant ability to be everywhere at once. ;) )
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

About the link: No problem. I love that story, it feels so real. I'm wringing my brain inside out trying to understand Kurt's motivations for just bolting on Logan like that, though.

I'd say Logurt is at least closer to canon than most slash pairings. Kurt's qualities are probably qualities Logan needs in a mate. Patient, understanding, loving, strong, wise, devoted and so on. And Logan, when he's not being impossible, is a wise man with a lot of experience and a soft heart and could probably support Kurt like few others. I also think Logan is, above all, honest, which I think Kurt appreciates.
But then, Kurt is kind of sensitive, even if he bounces back soon enough, and Logan will never stop being a killer and... I could go on like this forever. As I said, it's a fun thought to play with.

Didn't Claremont originally intend for Logan to be bi? Or is that a myth?

It's strange, whenever I think of hooking Kurt up with someone, I find myself thinking "who would Kurt be good for" rather than "who would be good for Kurt". That's not really fair, I guess. Poor elf. But then, Kurt's a rock, he doesn't really need much support. I like to put him with more difficult characters because it seems like that would make the most interesting read.
I wouldn't have minded him and Stacy X together. I always saw her as someone who never got to develop properly. Chuck Austen took her in the opposite direction of where I think she should have gone.
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

I think we were all wondering where that sudden desire to be a priest came from even in comic canon. I may not approve of everything Austen did, but at least he pulled Kurt out of his rut.

You've got an interesting theory. I think you've analyzed both of them to the mark. Logan's wisdom is probably his most attractive feature, at least for me. It's how I get along with him, because otherwise he represents everything that bothers me in a man. But his secret tenderness and empathy endear him to me. The only thing I'd wonder about the plausibility of a Logurt relationship stems from your comment about Kurt's sensitivity and Logan's violence: they are able to talk about it usually affably now, or at least they can debate it like intelligent people, but I wonder how a romantic relationship would affect that ability. Suddenly each other's emotions as well as their opinions would be much more important to each other. And Kurt has a tendency to beat an issue until its black and blue - he has the best of intentions, but others do get annoyed when he tries to play "conscience." Logan deals with it, but if he were subjected to it so much more often I imagine he'd eventually snap. And let's not forget that the reasons Kurt would nag him would draw from Logan's own flaws, which could in turn drive him away.

It's all wonderful fanfic material.

And I have never heard that myth, but it is very, very disturbing. :surprise

If Kurt's a rock, shouldn't his name be Peter? ;) And ditto, I think of it that way too. He'd be good for a variety of people . (I just want to see Fuzzy hitched again!) I never liked Stacy because I know she's someone I could never have gotten along with in real life, but she was an excellent character, provided a lot of conflict, and it's really a shame her story wasn't continued. She got jipped; I was really hoping, not so much that Stacy would reform, but more that she'd grow as a person and discover the identity inside her body. She judged every situation by how she could use her body to influence it. It would have made a good story to see how her life progresses; I do hope she returns. (If she's one of the depowered mutants, I wonder how she's surviving?) Kurt would be a great person to help her through it if any judgmental attitude didn't get in the way (if there was one, I'd think he'd overcome it soon enough). Also I just don't care for Warren's new 'tude, he's become a Scott-clone with a little more sensitivity. Not that I don't like him, I do. I just miss the old Warren who wasn't so angsty.

Watch me ramble. I have no life.
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Originally posted by Feuerstein
I think we were all wondering where that sudden desire to be a priest came from even in comic canon. I may not approve of everything Austen did, but at least he pulled Kurt out of his rut.
I will reluctantly agree to this. Kurt seems a bit aimless now, though. He's not a priest, but he's not swashbuckling either. He's just running around trying his best to do the right thing.
I know it's just a case of the writers not knowing what to do with him (or not caring), but it would be nice if it was explained, if someone went in and tried to actually sort out what's going on in Kurt's head.
Kurt sometimes strikes me as a guy who's so used to put on a show that it can be difficult to figure out exactly who he is. He's played the role of the priest, the joker, the gentleman, the swashbuckler, the leader...and he did it all so very well. I think performing is natural for him, probably because he wants to pull attention away from his appearance.
And now it's like he's run out of roles to play.
Xavier's dream is more battered than ever, the dream that always meant so much to Kurt. He should feel a bit disillusioned and lost. If only some writer would pick up on this. Kurt needs a direction of some sort.
The only thing I'd wonder about the plausibility of a Logurt relationship stems from your comment about Kurt's sensitivity and Logan's violence: they are able to talk about it usually affably now, or at least they can debate it like intelligent people, but I wonder how a romantic relationship would affect that ability. Suddenly each other's emotions as well as their opinions would be much more important to each other. And Kurt has a tendency to beat an issue until its black and blue - he has the best of intentions, but others do get annoyed when he tries to play "conscience." Logan deals with it, but if he were subjected to it so much more often I imagine he'd eventually snap. And let's not forget that the reasons Kurt would nag him would draw from Logan's own flaws, which could in turn drive him away.
That would probably lead to conflict, yes. But in Kurt's defense, he is also very empathic. Logan himself has called him "the most compassionate, understanding person he's ever met". I think there would be conflict, but I also think that Kurt's understanding could soothe the conflict. I think Logan needs someone who confronts him about his violent ways, because he slips into them so easily. But I can also understand if he, in a lifemate, wants someone who just accepts him for who he is. Could Kurt do that? It's not an easy issue.
Another thing is that Kurt cares so extremely much about Logan. Even though they're just friends, he will fuss over him whenever he gets hurt, healing factor be damned. I don't know if I've seen anyone fuss over Logan more than Kurt. It's very sweet and all, but if he cares this much in a platonic relationship, a romantic one might result in an aneurysm, Logan being who he is.

So, in conclusion: Kurt needs to chill a little first, poor thing. But then, any couple will face troubles, especially with Logan in the equation. It could at least make for interesting drama.
And I have never heard that myth, but it is very, very disturbing. :surprise
I know at least that he said in an interview that he wanted to explore the concept of a friendship so close it might as well be a romance and that he would have done it in a Wolverine story. I don't know if he ever said outright that he had envisioned Logan as bi.
Still, I could actually see it. Logan hardly fits the bisexual stereotype and he's only ever shown interest in women (and it seems he develops romantic feelings for every woman that he likes), but he's also the kind of guy who has a history of defeating every prejudice you may have about him. So I wouldn't be that surprised if he was revealed as bi, other than in a "I-can't-believe-Marvel-actually-did-that" way. I don't think they would. Marvel caters to fanboys, after all.

She got jipped; I was really hoping, not so much that Stacy would reform, but more that she'd grow as a person and discover the identity inside her body. She judged every situation by how she could use her body to influence it. It would have made a good story to see how her life progresses; I do hope she returns. (If she's one of the depowered mutants, I wonder how she's surviving?) Kurt would be a great person to help her through it if any judgmental attitude didn't get in the way (if there was one, I'd think he'd overcome it soon enough).
The last we saw of Stacy, she was a broken, depowered prostitute on the street. So extremely tragic. Apparently Casey had wanted to reveal that she was actually a virgin and instead, this is how she ended up. *sigh*
Also I just don't care for Warren's new 'tude, he's become a Scott-clone with a little more sensitivity. Not that I don't like him, I do. I just miss the old Warren who wasn't so angsty.
When was the last time we saw Warren? I don't remember.
Watch me ramble. I have no life.
Having a life is extremely overrated.;)
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Originally posted by love_of_bob
I will reluctantly agree to this. Kurt seems a bit aimless now, though. He's not a priest, but he's not swashbuckling either. He's just running around trying his best to do the right thing.
I know it's just a case of the writers not knowing what to do with him (or not caring), but it would be nice if it was explained, if someone went in and tried to actually sort out what's going on in Kurt's head.
Wow, I pretty much said the same thing on a different topic, so I've got nothing to respond with except kudos to you! I think you've hit it right on the nose.
That would probably lead to conflict, yes. But in Kurt's defense, he is also very empathic. Logan himself has called him "the most compassionate, understanding person he's ever met". I think there would be conflict, but I also think that Kurt's understanding could soothe the conflict. I think Logan needs someone who confronts him about his violent ways, because he slips into them so easily. But I can also understand if he, in a lifemate, wants someone who just accepts him for who he is. Could Kurt do that? It's not an easy issue.
Another thing is that Kurt cares so extremely much about Logan. Even though they're just friends, he will fuss over him whenever he gets hurt, healing factor be damned. I don't know if I've seen anyone fuss over Logan more than Kurt. It's very sweet and all, but if he cares this much in a platonic relationship, a romantic one might result in an aneurysm, Logan being who he is.
That does make sense, and I agree with what you said earlier about them being the most likely slash coupling for all the reasons you mentioned and more. I believe it's possible they could make it work. However, I don't have that much faith in Marvel and its writers. Nobody stays together in Marvel world except for Rogue and Gambit (who are still screwed up enough for all the X-men combined ;) ) so if, by some apocalyptic occurrence, Kurt and Logan got together, I imagine it would not end well. (But I also imagine their friendship would eventually patch up, probably off panel.)
Still, I could actually see it. Logan hardly fits the bisexual stereotype and he's only ever shown interest in women (and it seems he develops romantic feelings for every woman that he likes), but he's also the kind of guy who has a history of defeating every prejudice you may have about him. So I wouldn't be that surprised if he was revealed as bi, other than in a "I-can't-believe-Marvel-actually-did-that" way. I don't think they would. Marvel caters to fanboys, after all.
Does it really? I thought all the sexy men were for us girls. ;) (Lopresti drew Kurti very prettily in Uncanny #403 - I happen to have it on hand, which is why I bother to comment. *giggle* And Darick Robertson was great in the Nightcrawler series.) Back on topic - I suppose it is a possibility, though for safety's sake I doubt it would ever be used. It would be interesting to explore. The best not-quite-romantic friendship I can think of would be that of Sherlock Holmes and Watson - there's more than one reason why there are so many conspiracy theories about them!
The last we saw of Stacy, she was a broken, depowered prostitute on the street. So extremely tragic. Apparently Casey had wanted to reveal that she was actually a virgin and instead, this is how she ended up. *sigh*
Ach, poor Stacy. T_T

And I haven't a clue where Warren is either; probably still trying to clean up the mess at his company.
tsukechick
Lubber
Lubber

Post by tsukechick »

This thread has been a really good read!

If I were going to pair up any two Marvel boys, Kurt and Logan definitely spring to mind. I mean, heck you've all seen that one Wolverine cover right?

Stacey annoyed the heck out of me, frankly, and I don't think she and Kurt would have worked out as a couple - he likes ladies who like fun, sure, but I think for a serious relationship, he needs a woman with a little more personal integrity than Ms. I Control Your Brain With Pheromones had. Maybe she'll grow up and mature over time, who knows.
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

I remember everyone freaking out about that cover a while back in another forum. I practically screamed when I saw it. (My little brother, also a fan, ran away to hide.) That's from the issue when Kurt and Logan discuss faith and violence and all that stuff, right? I thought that cover was ingenius in so many different ways. Primarily it symbolized Kurt baring his soul to Logan, I think. But... man!
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

I heard another theory somewhere about how Kurt on that cover is supposed to mimic the pose of Michelangelo's "David" statue. It's hard to see, because the only distinct part of that pose is on the side of Kurt that's not shown.
But looking up info on the statue, I found something really interesting: It was created during the renaissance, a time when people were moving on from the view that man was a filthy beast and started looking upon man as someone beautiful and capable of heroism, someone who could very well slay giants with a pebble. "David" is supposed to represent this and it's basically what that Wolverine issue was about man vs beast.

One thing about that issue that got me confused was when Kurt makes Logan finally talk by asking him: "What was her name?" and Logan says "What?" and he continues "The girl who died, the one you couldn't save, what was her name?" and Logan gets a look of remorse, like he was suddenly reminded.

The thing that gets me is Logan's surprise at the question. Didn't he tell Kurt that that was why he wanted to meet him? Did Kurt just guess? Is it meant to be an indication of just how well he knows Logan?
(If anyone recognizes these theories, I posted them before on the Marvel boards).
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

I assume Logan told him when he called him out. Maybe he just wasn't expecting Kurt to be so direct. He was trying to dance around the issue, make things about Kurt by bugging him about his hologram, etc. And Kurt wasn't about to let him do that. So I would guess it's some of both - he did know ahead of time what happened (at least in part), but it was his understanding of Logan that prompted the question.

Cool theory, btw - I'm sure I've seen pictures of that statue, it's hugely famous, of course. I never would have connected it with the man vs. beast dilemma. That's awesome.
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

I feel the urge to randomly point out that Kurt knows how often Logan changes his underwear. As evidenced by Wolverine #161:

Logan - "Mr. X - yeah, I know it's corny, but what else do you call a guy who changes name and identities as often as I change my underwear?"
Kurt - "Well, now that you mention it..."
Logan - "Don't screw with me, elf, I ain't in the mood."
:worship

But to get back on topic a bit...I often wonder if it was really necessary of Claremont to make Amanda Kurt's foster sister. They were such a good match for each other, but that whole controversy will always get in the way.

[Edited on 5/3/07 by love_of_bob]
tsukechick
Lubber
Lubber

Post by tsukechick »

I feel the urge to randomly point out that Kurt knows how often Logan changes his underwear. As evidenced by Wolverine #161:

Logan - "Mr. X - yeah, I know it's corny, but what else do you call a guy who changes name and identities as often as I change my underwear?"
Kurt - "Well, now that you mention it..."
Logan - "Don't screw with me, elf, I ain't in the mood."
:worship
:LMAO!!! Yeah, they are REALLY good friends. But then again, I've got guy pals who just know each other that well also, and manage not to make with the nookie. I think the term is BroTP (as opposed to OTP or One True Pairing).
But to get back on topic a bit...I often wonder if it was really necessary of Claremont to make Amanda Kurt's foster sister. They were such a good match for each other, but that whole controversy will always get in the way.
Well, it was sortof a Thing for lost children to be raised by gypsies (ref: the Maximoff twins), and Claremont made it clear from the very beginning that Kurt wasn't related to the group by blood. I think in a situation like that, where Kurt wasn't getting a lot of socialization with anyone outside of his family and the circus, she was about the only person he could develop feelings for.
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

HAHA, that is disturbingly funny. But who knows what goes on in men's locker rooms. :shifty

I liked Amanda before she became a super-powerful witch woman, mostly because she now upstages Kurt at every opportunity. They had some interesting stories during Excalibur, and admittedly she hasn't been given many roles in recent X-men titles - Nightcrawler's solo series was the first time in a while, or am I forgetting something? In any case, her absent allows her personality to become diluted. To me, she seems like just another super-mysterious, weirdly-assertive female powerhouse who easily blends in with the rest of Marvel's slew of women. She doesn't stand out and for the most part just annoys me. But my annoyance with her is also fairly new - I used to support them as a couple pretty heartily. It could be that I just like Kurt/Rachel too much now.

As for the foster sibling-relationship, it honestly never occurred to me that there could be controversy until long after I'd gotten used to them being together. Since they weren't blood relatives, it didn't bother me, but there's always the argument of the psychological impact, especially since Kurt was raised with Amanda and Stefan from infancy. However, I would guess that, due to his *somewhat* bizarre appearance :blush he and his foster siblings were always well aware that there was a line between them that couldn't be crossed. Margali may have loved him with a mother's love, but for a myriad of reasons I would assume she and her children never fully accepted him as a family member. I don't mean that in the derogatory way it sounds - they certainly loved him very much, but the whole blue-and-furry-with-a-tail thing would have been a constant reminder that they were not related. But it's still very much a controversy. It's also interesting that Kurt, as a Catholic, does so many things that Church wouldn't be likely to approve of, but I always love a man who thinks for himself! ;)
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Originally posted by tsukechick
:LMAO!!! Yeah, they are REALLY good friends. But then again, I've got guy pals who just know each other that well also, and manage not to make with the nookie.
...or so they SAY. *is severely damaged by the Internet*
I liked Amanda before she became a super-powerful witch woman, mostly because she now upstages Kurt at every opportunity. They had some interesting stories during Excalibur, and admittedly she hasn't been given many roles in recent X-men titles - Nightcrawler's solo series was the first time in a while, or am I forgetting something? In any case, her absent allows her personality to become diluted. To me, she seems like just another super-mysterious, weirdly-assertive female powerhouse who easily blends in with the rest of Marvel's slew of women. She doesn't stand out and for the most part just annoys me. But my annoyance with her is also fairly new - I used to support them as a couple pretty heartily. It could be that I just like Kurt/Rachel too much now.
I feel the same. I liked the Uncanny issues where she would be just this down-to-earth girl with wits and charm. I loved how you could really tell that she and Kurt KNEW each other, they just had that way about them. They were fun, they were carefree, they felt real and solid.
But in Kurt's solo series she seemed more like Witch!Barbie than anything else. It saddens me, but I'm trying to think of her as a mix of past and present.

However, I would guess that, due to his *somewhat* bizarre appearance :blush he and his foster siblings were always well aware that there was a line between them that couldn't be crossed. Margali may have loved him with a mother's love, but for a myriad of reasons I would assume she and her children never fully accepted him as a family member. I don't mean that in the derogatory way it sounds - they certainly loved him very much, but the whole blue-and-furry-with-a-tail thing would have been a constant reminder that they were not related.
That's an interesting theory.

I wonder how good the relationship between Margali and Kurt really is. They've had their share of trials and I doubt he completely trusts her. It's kind of sad how all his parental figures have let him down in one way or another.
tsukechick
Lubber
Lubber

Post by tsukechick »

Well after all the sneaky stunts Margali has pulled, I would HOPE that Kurt doesn't really trust her! I think the most worrying thing about Amanda lately is that with this whole more-powerful-than-thou, mysterious stuff she has going on, she seems more like Margali and less like the down-to-earth girl we knew. And Kurt himself has lost a lot of his Errol Flynn high-spiritedness. They've become different people. As characters that have been active for a long time goes, that's understandable and it doesn't bother me so very much.

I also didn't mind him not hooking up with Stacy (and not just because she annoys the CRAP out of me) because story-wise, it was handled well. They were flirting, she pushed the moment to its crisis so to speak, and he said no. Sure it would have been nice for Fuzzy to get some lovin' but he was not in a place where he could accept her advances. And again, with Meggan, they would have made a great couple, IMO, but Meggan needed to be faithful to Brian and both she and Kurt acknowledged that.

It's the ships that never had a chance to sail - such as Ororo or Rachel - that bother me more. Setting up a little romantic tension is an easy way to add interest in the plot, but both ladies were quick to move on to other fellows without so much as acknowledging that they'd been flirting with Kurt. I don't mind it not working out, but I'd rather have "it" still be acknowledged in one way or another.
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Witch-Barbie. PERFECT analogy.

I often wonder about Margali... She's always been this sort of out-of-touch entity. Se's so amazingly powerful, and she keeps flipflopping between villain and not-villain - which I like, she's a great conflict character. The closest we ever get to her heart, in my opinion, occurred in a few incidents in Excalibur. Since Excalibur's break up, the little we've seen of her has been obscure. But in the solo series, she was more a mother than a magician. I really like her and wish we'd see more of her.

I definitely miss his Errol Flynn obsession, but we do get a glimpse of it occasionally, like when he says to Rachel, "everything after Errol Flynn is crap." And swashbuckling is still there too, we just don't get to see it as much as we'd like. *siiiigh* I understand what you're saying about characters changing over time, but in that case there should be a new element to replace the lack.

I have to disagree about Stacy though. Her whole plot was handled badly, in my opinion. There were some good points - in fact I'd say most of the ideas the writers came up with were good, they were just poorly executed. Her flirtatious way with Angel and Nightcrawler and pretty much everyone should have been expounded on, motives should have been developed, and there should have been some sort of conclusive ending. Not to mention her hitting on Elfie was completely unexpected - she'd spent so much energy on Angel that I can't really think of a reason for why she turned to him (not backed with evidence anyway) except that she wanted sex and he was available. Her comment of "we both want this" doesn't necessarily refer to matters of the heart. I liked her because she was both a sympathetic and annoying character, and you really had to analyze her to decide whether to forgive her or not. I also liked Stacy because she reminds me of Marrow, who was a favorite of mine from the beginning. They were both young girls, confused, they both had difficult childhoods and were only trying to survive. Neither of them are that different from Logan, actually. I'm completely off-topic now so let me backtrack. I would have liked to have seen the relationships between Warren-Stacy and Kurt-Stacy better developed so we could better understand Stacy. But I'll make it clear that I was very proud of my elf for resisting her advances - nothing would come of meaningless sex, especially with both of them being so emotionally unstable, and that has nothing to do with religious stigmas.

With Meggan, interestingly enough, I was just checking out that "A touch of Velvet" site linked from here and looking at the Kurt/Meggan scans. (It's a great site, IMHO!) I haven't been able to actually read much of Excalibur - most of what I know comes from websites and scans, as well as a few of the actual comics - so though I knew there had been attraction between them, certain instances that had occurred, and how it climaxed and eventually ended, there were some things I learned from the ToV scans that surprised me. For instance, Kurt telling Brian that he wasn't in love with Meggan, she just embodied everying he desired. So I wonder how much of what was between them was real attraction and how much of it was just platonic love distorted by both their unfulfilled desires. (And aside from that, the fact that I never cared for Meggan...)

And DITTO! Claremont set up this little love dilemma which may or may not have worked out well depending on how it was written ("his fur - it's so sleek!" "her eyes!" "his lips!") but from what I've heard, it sounds like Claremont was forced to nix this idea for unknown reasons. It's a real shame. I like Ororo with T'Challa; it's great that she's returned to her roots and is working so hard to help the mutants in Africa (the X-men go global! "Welcome to the 'Save the Mutants' foundation, where ten cents a day can feed a starving mutant child for a year..."). Plus, I doubt anything is going to come of the Rachel/Korvus junk - if in fact he does come back to Earth, I don't think Rachel will, and if she does and they start a relationship, I don't think it'll last. They have a connection, but I don't think it's anything more than their both being connected to the Phoenix. I'm still clinging to hopes that, once back on Earth (assuming Rachel returns with the crew, which I must admit I think is unlikely...), there might be some resurrection of their possible romance. It's not likely, but I too hate loose ends...
Fuzzyelf16
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Fuzzyelf16 »

Well I tend to like OC's a little better than actual pairings, but my favorite would have to be kurt and storm, though there are a few decent kurt and kitty, as well as some meggan with kurt. Not a big fan of evo though.:blush
pignut
Lubber
Lubber

Post by pignut »

Finding this site has really made my day. I thought I was the only one. No I'm not gay. Glad to have got that off my chest. :dance:dance

Never really got with Amanda, Claremont stuck her into the story without any real explanation (as he was wont to do)
I liked the flirtation between Ororo and Kurt, but she seemed to have a thing for Peter too in those early episodes. The chemistry between Kitty and Kurt was stronger, and definately evolved over the years ("I don't think der little fraulein likes me") but I think getting romantic could jeapardise it. Is it just me or was Rachel meant to be a bit dykey in the first Excalibur episodes? (I never encountered her before that, but the costume and the haircut certainly gave me that impression). Whatever, the note of sexual ambiguity with both Rachel and Kurt would have made them an interesting pair.

Meggan and Kurt definately had chemistry, that dream sequence in excalibur (did I hear someone had scanned it?) was hot. But although Meggan was pretty cute, I prefered her before she lost the fur, fangs, antennae, raging hormones and IQ points. If Kurt had met her back then they would have been really cool together, but this is a fantasy scenario and she already had a major adolescent crush on the Captain, so it wouldn't have happened. Kurt and Cerise started smooching before she had really been explained or given much personality, and I think I stopped following the comic around then (lack of money not lack of interest).

The Kogurt thing is funny, but I don't think it would last.

My vote would go to either Kitty or Rachel.
rain360
Lubber
Lubber

Post by rain360 »

Hmmm,
I think that Kurt and Storm sounds ok.
Yea, EvoKurt and EvoScarlet would be cool.
"Don't walk in my footsteps. I walk into walls."
"Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door."
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get suked into jet engines."
"A computer beat me at chess once, but it was no match at me in kickboxing..."

FYI- I DID NOT MAKE THESE UP. THESE QUOTES ARE NOT MINE.
Jenni
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Jenni »

Originally posted by CuteLittleBamf
I must say I never really liked the Kurt and Kitty thing....I must also say that I started reading the Uncanny from the 80's and there was just such an age difference. To be honest, there’s not really one that I would pick. I think he needs a whole character created just for him.
Sweetie I so aggree! So much so I wrote this a few years ago. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2051698/1/ Still a work in progress tho. Good site for acting out fantasies.
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

That story looks really good, Jenni! I'll read it soon as I get a chance. (When I saw "Invisible Woman" I though Susan Richards... XD It's not, right?) I've never looked in the X-men: Movie category on ff.net (though I've been in X-men comics and X-men: Evolution sections) because I don't care for movieverse-Crawler much, but I have stumbled across a few movieverse fics that I thought were really great and portrayed Kurti really well, so I'm not totally biased against them! ~_^
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Time to resurrect this old, yet sagacious thread in light of recent happenings in MU.

(Actually the recent happenings don't have a thing to do with our Elfie. My mind is just in overdrive from lack of sufficient occupation. 'Tis the summer sun.)

So we've talking about a what-if Kurt/Wanda relationship a little. I'm wondering what everyone would think if this relationship actually happened in canon. I don't know that I ever would have considered it without knowing about Nocturne's world, which is a drawback: I wouldn't want to support the couple in 616 just because, in Earth -Insert Number Here-, they got together. (Though somewhere someone mentioned that in some obscure issue of Excalibur, Kurt flirted with an alternate dimension Wanda?) Beyond that, I doubt it would actually happen in canon, firstly because rabid Wanda/Vision fans would rent their clothes and picket outside Marvel HQ, and also because there's no basis for it, Nighty's not a prominent character right now, Wanda's currently insane, and there's just so much other more interesting stuff to do.

But let us allow ourselves to indulge in that timeless overenthusiastic fan endeavor of grappling with impossibilities, daring to consider the forbidden unknown, and ultimately pairing up nutty couples! Let's say, just for instance, on this little VOYAGE TO FIND MAGNETO!!!(if he's alive!), Kurt bumped into Wanda? And, by some amazing whim of the writers (undoubtedly influenced by muses who, like myself, need SOMETHING to break the tedium of summer), got together! Imagine our Nighty torn between two worlds, his love for Wanda, and his loyalty to the world she tried to destroy. Wouldn't that story be great?

In general. Would you like or would you hate a Kurwanda relationship - specifically the current incarnations of the pair: Pansycrawler and the Scarlet Wench?
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

The only Kurwanda pairing I support is Nocturne's parents.

Besides, isn't Scarlet Witch, besides being off her rocker, involved with someone else?
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by tsukechick
I think in a situation like that, where Kurt wasn't getting a lot of socialization with anyone outside of his family and the circus, she was about the only person he could develop feelings for.
I wouldn't have sex with my little bro if he were the last man on Earth. It's believable enough that he would fall for his "sister" but her falling for him? Just plain wrong. SHE wasn't limited to people she grew up with! This was like the one thing Austen got right. (At first. Can't remember if he had her "see the light" in the end of that Movie Preview or not. Ugh.)
But I'll make it clear that I was very proud of my elf for resisting her advances - nothing would come of meaningless sex, especially with both of them being so emotionally unstable, and that has nothing to do with religious stigmas.
They would have gotten sex. Pfft, "nothing".
So I wonder how much of what was between them was real attraction and how much of it was just platonic love distorted by both their unfulfilled desires. (And aside from that, the fact that I never cared for Meggan...)
Mmmm, complex sexual psychology. Love a man with self-insight.
And DITTO! Claremont set up this little love dilemma which may or may not have worked out well depending on how it was written ("his fur - it's so sleek!" "her eyes!" "his lips!") but from what I've heard, it sounds like Claremont was forced to nix this idea for unknown reasons. It's a real shame.

I'm still clinging to hopes that, once back on Earth (assuming Rachel returns with the crew, which I must admit I think is unlikely...), there might be some resurrection of their possible romance. It's not likely, but I too hate loose ends...
That love triangle was so goofy. Not believable. Fan service because of the movie and all the people on his messageboard BEGGING for him to pair up Kurt with Storm.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Kurt/Wanda FTW!!!!!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
That love triangle was so goofy. Not believable. Fan service because of the movie and all the people on his messageboard BEGGING for him to pair up Kurt with Storm.
I agree with you on that. Rachel/Kurt/Ororo/Logan was not something I supported. I couldn't care less about Logan/Ororo. It was a weird, insane, soap opera twist. Most of all, I was wary of how the friendship between Logan and Kurt would have been handled with them both crushing on the same girl.

But if it were just Kurt and Rachel, and Logan and Ororo weren't factors - I would still like to see that happen.

Right now there aren't any girls that really seem to fit with Kurt. (I've never been a fan of Kurt/Ororo anyway.) Amanda's the only option. And we all know how I feel about HER. :x23 <-- me with claws :D