Ult Kurt in Ult Spider-man

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
just skimming for Nightcrawler bits.
Lawd have me'cy, I thought I was the only one to do that. It's embarassing to admit, but I have flipped thru entired "Essential" volumes, only stopping when I see the goblin ears. I figured it was merely the impatience I seem to have developed in middle age (y'know, life's too short so cut to the chase).

Whew. *wipes brow in relief*
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Originally posted by Elfdame
just skimming for Nightcrawler bits.
Lawd have me'cy, I thought I was the only one to do that. It's embarassing to admit, but I have flipped thru entired "Essential" volumes, only stopping when I see the goblin ears. I figured it was merely the impatience I seem to have developed in middle age (y'know, life's too short so cut to the chase).

Whew. *wipes brow in relief*
I do that as well. If it's blue, I check it out, and it's not old age, I've been doing that since I was twenty and I still do it at fifty-two. The question I ask myself is: Why am I still reading comical books at my age?
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Because comic books are the mythology of our day, and every generation needs heroes and moral touchstones. Comics -- and fantasy in general -- help society figure out what is going on, without the baggage of naming specific populations or situations.

Of course, I took a lot of anthropology at university, so maybe that's not the correct answer. Maybe you just never grew out of it. Teddy Roosevelt never grew out of roughhousing with his grandkids, even as he penned intellectual volumes.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Could be.

I think I just never grew up. After twenty plus years of marriage and two children, you would think I would, but I still like to do a lot of the things I did as a child.

...or maybe it's just that Kurt is HOT to look at!!!:pant
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by Elfdame
Because comic books are the mythology of our day, and every generation needs heroes and moral touchstones. Comics -- and fantasy in general -- help society figure out what is going on, without the baggage of naming specific populations or situations.
Or.... looking at pictures is fun. ;)
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by the_lone_bamf »

I didn't have a chance to buy, but I saw the panels in question, and holy crap, it looks like Nutjob!Nightcrawler is finally coming round. Perhaps he just needed that little extra bit of responsibility to take the crazies away.

I laughed at the benevolent dictatorship line myself.
Image Image
"Every living creature is unique-- it is a part of our charm."
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Or.... looking at pictures is fun. ;)
Yeah, for you normal types. For the visually impaired, it takes me forever nowadays just to figure out which way to turn the magazine so I can figure out from what perspective we're looking. The old ones from the 1970's are easier for me.

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Originally posted by the_lone_bamf
I didn't have a chance to buy, but I saw the panels in question, and holy crap, it looks like Nutjob!Nightcrawler is finally coming round. Perhaps he just needed that little extra bit of responsibility to take the crazies away.

I laughed at the benevolent dictatorship line myself.
I miss nutjob Nightcrawler. He got more screen time than Mr. Not-So-New and Improved.
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by the_lone_bamf »

Yeahhhhh... but the whole 'Phantom of the X-men' thing was getting old. (Plus, him drooling after Dazzler was getting on my nerves. I think she's icky in UXM.)
Image Image
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I was disappointed that they resurrected Angel because I was hoping Phantom of the X-Men would get another shot with nasty gross Dazzler.
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by the_lone_bamf »

Haha, I dunno- for UXM, I like LessPsychoticThan616!Callisto for Kurt better. :)
Image Image
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

LOL you people are never satisfied.

You sound like the guy who runs my comic store.

"Batman begins was crap! They followed teh story all wrong! Everyone was aged down! Batman never kills!"

"Blade was stupid! They followed the story to the dot and that makes for a boring movie because you already know it all!"

jeez d00dz mayk up ur mindz
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by the_lone_bamf »

Well... the difference is... your comic book guy is just one person which multiple-opinion-disorder... whereas in this thread we have multiple people each expressing their own individual opinions. No need for us all to agree. :)
Image Image
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I want psycho Kurt back. Meh, Callisto. She doesn't even have a personality yet in UXM, how can you prefer her?
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

No I'm saying the tune that was sung a few months back was not the same tune. LOL but then again :tonguewag

She did suck I'll give ya that spaz.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by the_lone_bamf »

I'm sure I'm just inventing a personality for her, but I think we can safely say that she cares about the wellbeing of the Morlocks, without being a psychotic killer-face like 616 Callisto. She was smart enough to realize the violent path that Sunder was leading them down wasn't a good one, and recognized something (however buried beneath issues it might be) in Kurt that would make him a prime leader for their society.

So... maybe it's wrong to say that I prefer her as a character, but seeing as she has brought out a lot of positive qualities in UXM Nightcrawler (from my point of view) I prefer her as a match for Kurt as opposed to icky Dazzler who only complicated his issues.
Image Image
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I think it's safe to say you'd like to see her included purely for development right? That I can agree with. :D
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

But complicated issues make for an awesome story. Kind of disappointing how quickly he's snapping back from being a complete psycho into a kingly leader. I guess I've been there though. (Although... I've never killed a man. Haha!) One day your head just clears and everything makes sense again. Being down in the sewer must do it for him.
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

The Drastic Spastic: I will never stop being mesmerized by your avatar. SQUEE.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

There is a bigger version in the gif thread in offtopic antics!
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by the_lone_bamf »

Yeah, I'll admit the transition was a quick one, to say the least. But at least kingly leader beats "In a coma because we don't know what to do with you". :)
Image Image