Who is your favorite Nightcrawler artist?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
shail66
Lubber
Lubber

Post by shail66 »

I've noticed, as everyone else has, that almost every other chapter or part in the comics- especially uncanny- change art styles. A lot.

And, of course there are so many different styles of Kurt; evolution! Kurt, originaluniform!kurt, blackuniform!Kurt etc;

So, I was wondering what your favorite artist, or style of Kurt, everyone likes most!

I've heard a lot of people say Alan Davis so far!:worship

((omg, first post :wave))

[Edited on 22/6/08 by shail66]
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Alan Davis. I like those German features.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Alan Davis, Darick Robertson, John Byrne, and the original of course, Dave Cockrum.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Alan Davis is pretty much the only one who can pull off the "handsome-but-still-intimidating" look I prefer for Kurt (everyone else either draws him too pretty, bland or plain ugly). And the only one to capture his grace. He could be a bit too prancy sometimes, though. I'm still saying Davis.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'm not sure. Dave is up there of course, but... I dunno man.

I'd like to see Ramos have a crack at it. His Venom/Spider-Man artwork is ...creepy. But I love it...
The guy who did the art work for Chuck Austen's pre-movie run was interestingly good as was the artwork for the Kurt 12 part that I have only pieces and smish smashes of.

I wonder what Alex Ross' Kurt would look like... hmm...

[Edited on 22/6/08 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I'm a Dave fan. through thick and thin.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Originally posted by Ult_Sm86

I wonder what Alex Ross' Kurt would look like... hmm...

[Edited on 22/6/08 by Ult_Sm86]
Like on this cover, I assume.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

That's actuallycool...

I'd like to see a full comic of Alex Ross doing that artwork, that'd be interesting.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Alan Davis. Just got some more Exaclibur, and issue 3 has this awesome pic of Nightcrawler on the backcover.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Originally posted by Ult_Sm86
the Kurt 12 part that I have only pieces and smish smashes of.
You talkin' Winding Way? Darick used to post here, back before my time (which is anytime, really, since I'm a noob). Very elegant Crawler, IMO. Wish I could've seen DR draw him at an older age.

So far, Cockrum, Hughes, Davis, Robertson are my faves. I don't like him cartoony (y'know, lookin' like Dracula's kid brother) or overly-muscular like they do him nowadays (yawn). Dave Cockrum's earliest Crawlers are not my preference, either, b/c the ears were way too big.

But I love the bamfs!!! And the bamfettes! Oops ... off topic, sorry.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

bah, I'm a bore...Davis, Byrne, the later work of Cockrum and also I liked Yu somewhat- and I don't mind the guy who is drawing Uncanny now. Hughes was nice but only one issue really.
I hope this does not bother anyone, but I couldn't stand Robertson. Sorry!

*edit* And I nearly forgot Chris Bachalo. He drew a fairly ugly Kurt, but I don't mind- he shouldn't be too pretty IMHO

[Edited on 23-6-2008 by Elwing]
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Well, it's okay if you didn't like Robertson ... I don't think Hubby liked him too well ... he doesn't read Nightcrawler stuff but he *did* notice an awful lot of Darick's Crawlers around the house ... with Wifey's slobber on them ... just kidding.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I like any artist who makes Kurt look good. I practically worship Dave Cockrum for creating Nightcrawler, and I loved his version of Kurt. However, of all the Kurt artists, I would have to say....I really liked the way Adam Hughes drew him. I don't know how he did it, but he made Kurt look truly fuzzy.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Originally posted by Elfdame
Well, it's okay if you didn't like Robertson ... I don't think Hubby liked him too well ... he doesn't read Nightcrawler stuff but he *did* notice an awful lot of Darick's Crawlers around the house ... with Wifey's slobber on them ... just kidding.
I have noticed that several of my fellow female comic-fiend friends tend to drool on their comics. I prefer to kiss and pat mine. Someday I may get to the drooling stage.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

shail66
Lubber
Lubber

Post by shail66 »

Alan Davis seems to be pretty popular.

D: To be honest I havent read many of the comics and the ones I have... I read years ago. I'm a noob. But I am interested to see the other opinions.

I think you're right though about Kurt, Elwing, drawing him too pretty wouldn't work. He's got an interesting design by all the artists though anyway. And I've noticed that usually if they dont want to draw much of his face they hide it in shadows. xD