Week 22 Cup O' Joe, Nightcrawler post

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I received this in an email yesterday from Facebook:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =426624563

Scroll down to this:

"Posted by Kurt on Aug 9, 2008 8:30 PM

Joe,

I'm loving it here on the West Coast. The weather is fantastic, the city of San Francisco has embraced us, and the ladies! Oh the ladies!

I have but one question for you. Do you think that my role with the X-Men could be increased just a tad? I asked Scott and Emma first, but they referred me to you. As you know, I have been with the team for quite some time, not to mention I did pretty much lead my own team in England, perhaps you've heard of it? We called ourselves Excalibur and we did pretty well. (I do miss my Kätzchen terribly. )

Anyway, thank you for all that you have done for me and my fellow X-Men and mutantkind in general. You have been a source of great inspiration since the devastating M-Day.

May God bless you and shine his light upon you.

JQ: Kurt, you old so-and-so, it's been a while. Glad you're enjoying the City by the Bay. Don't worry, you're a big part of the X-Plans. In fact, you're a huge part of X-INFERNUS which starts in December. Big stuff coming there. And don't forget the huge part you've got in X-Men: Secret Invasion coming up as well as in Young X-Men. Auf Wiedersehen"

I am willing to bet someone at Nightscrawlers posted that question. ;) Whoever did it, I salute you.:worship

[Edited on 23/8/08 by neling4]
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Young X-Men is kind of shit though. Not THE shit. Just shit.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Yeah, but nothing a little :engarde couldn't salvage.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Well damn. I was gonna cancel my subscription, but I suppose I'll hold out to see if Kurt salvages something out of it.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I know why Nightcrawler is going to be in Young X-Men! Marvel knows I buy anything with Kurt in it, because I tell them that all the time, and now they are assured of at least one person buying that book! That will bring my buy pile up to three books a month again.

I hear it is terrible. Is it worse than Ultimate X-Men?

[Edited on 27/8/08 by neling4]

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Ultimate X-men picked up pretty good in the last couple of issues with the writer switch. Even Kurt is seeing mad full-page action. It's not too bad though the whole "drug" thing started turning into a bit of a preachy-anti-steroid-moment.

Regardless, I can't imagine anything worse than UFF sooooo... if it' worse than that, god bless 'em.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Well I think the thing that cheezed me off the most is that they do really WTF stuff. Not just mildly wtf. REALLY wtf. Like having rockslide punch cannonball out when he's flying. Hello. Cannonball can go through anything.

They just don't use their characters in a sensical way, imho.

And wolfcub annoys me. But that may just be me.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by neling4
I hear it is terrible. Is it worse than Ultimate X-Men?
Ultimate X-Men freaking rules. Maybe it's not to your taste, but it's good.

Young X-Men is just plain bad. The writing is bad. The dialogue and characters are awkward and ridiculous. The art is bad. Look at it and tell me it isn't just plain bad. I only read the first issue maybe it picked up a bit, but I can't imagine how anyone could recover from that first issue.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Darkholme
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Darkholme »

The first five issues of Young X-Men were slow to start, but issue #6 (which comes out this Wednesday) does a much better job of getting the team heading in the right direction. Plus you'll get to see part of the role that Kurt's going to play on the team.

That being said, Uncanny X-Men is still the best iteration of Kurt out there. Matt Fraction was at our store this weekend and said that he really enjoys writing him. UXM #502 also comes out on Wednesday!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Originally posted by Darkholme
The first five issues of Young X-Men were slow to start, but issue #6 (which comes out this Wednesday) does a much better job of getting the team heading in the right direction. Plus you'll get to see part of the role that Kurt's going to play on the team.
Will Kurt be in this issue? If so, I will want to make sure my LCS puts it in my pull this week.
That being said, Uncanny X-Men is still the best iteration of Kurt out there. Matt Fraction was at our store this weekend and said that he really enjoys writing him. UXM #502 also comes out on Wednesday!
I agree with this. I am really enjoying UXM now.

As to Ultimate X-Men, evisceration and mutilation just aren't my cup of tea. I don't find it entertaining at all.

Darkholme
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Darkholme »

He doesn't have a huge part - he's only in it for two pages, but he IS there, and it IS a pretty important aspect for any team.
Love das flockige
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Love das flockige »

Whoever wrote that...I love you. If Joe comes through with his plans thing, I will once more pick up an X- book, which I havent in ages (I've been sitting with my 1980's Essential X-Men, published before I was born)
Support Love's business, visit Kinosei: Plushies by MG

http://plushiesbymg.wordpress.com