Should they make a movie around nightcrawlers story?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Kurts Hurt77
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Kurts Hurt77 »

Honestly i think his background has all the makings of an awesome movie but what do you think?
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by InterNutter »

Only if it's like 90% Kurt and less than 10% everything else ;)
The one and only InterNutter (as seen on FFN and NFN)
http://www.internutter.org
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Furry Kurt: maybe. Scarred Kurt: no, unless they pay SK to adapt "Even Angels."

I wouldn't trust anybody to make a decent Kurt film. Although I did like the 3 Spidey movies, and he's always been my favourite (for like 40+ years and counting). Maybe if they could get Rob Reiner to direct ...
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Yeah, I think it would be cool if done well...but again that's hard. And fans even have such varying opinions on 'who' Kurt is/should be at times.

Secondarily, maybe an animated one would be more practical. And that'd be neat, even as a short. Steeeeyn!!
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Okay, yeah, animated's fine. Even like DreamWorks (not Pixar).

And okay by me if they put Wolverine in it to sell it, b/c that's an organic part of Kurt's story, his friendship with the runt. As long as the Loganator doesn't take over the flick. Gotta be Nighty front and center, and have LOTS of sword action and bouncing around and damsel-saving.

And a shot of him saying the rosary reverently. Well, for Angelique and myself in the director's uncensored cut.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Animated would actually be for the best, not so sure about a 3D animated yet, I mean TMNT was to me was a very good animated movie, but it was more or less made just for the fans, so it didn't make as much at the box office. The cheapest choice would be to go either for a traditional animated movie or tv show.......Nightcrawler and The X-Men!
One can only hope that someone who knows NC would write the story, and not some screenplay writer that wrote him/herself an academy award and that's the only reason of hiring them.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Originally posted by steyn
Nightcrawler and The X-Men!
One can only hope that someone who knows NC would write the story, and not some screenplay writer that wrote him/herself an academy award and that's the only reason of hiring them.
Or at least someone with a flair for the swashbuckler genre. Who can also write with depth: not over-angsty, but someone who knows the diff 'tween genuine character-driven conflict and "let's see, what would be an unused plot complication at this juncture?"

Somebody who could crank out, say, Randall Wallace's The Man In The Iron Mask, which was totally unlike Dumas' book but had great humor, pathos, romance, and deftly handled an ensemble cast. (Okay, so it had Jeremy Irons in a cassock which made it totally drool-a-licous, but that's beside the point[/r]. Really.)

Or Gene Wilder and Mel Brooks. No, I'm not kidding. Think about it. Balance of depth and humor.

But I'm still jonesin' for a Reiner version. Anyone who could direct "Stand By Me," "Spinal Tap," "Princess Bride, " and "Bucket List" could surely handle Herr Wagner without turning him into a, erm, cartoon character. You know.

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

As much as I would like a Nightcrawler movie, I wouldn't like to see one based on Kurt's life that is totally true to the books. For instance, I'd hate hate HATE if Amanda were included and they didn't either ditch her role as girlfriend or her upbringing as his sister.

I would not mind an Evo Kurt movie.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Kurts Hurt77
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Kurts Hurt77 »

honestly, those of you who said animated,I pitty you & you are definently NOT an NC fan.:yech
Originally posted by InterNutter
Only if it's like 90% Kurt and less than 10% everything else ;)
why would it be anything else?:smirk

Edited by HoodedMan: Merged consecutive posts.

[Edited on 17/9/08 by HoodedMan]
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

Pshaw. Different strokes for different folks. And three of the people in this thread were probably already fans while others were still having their backsides diapered.

That said, I don't think that canon nightcrawlers is 'smooth' enough to go into a movie. There are too many personality changes through it. They'd have to take liberty to smooth things or to skip parts cause that's just too much for one movie to handle.
Kurts Hurt77
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Kurts Hurt77 »

well then what about multiple movies?
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

The only way that would happen is if you personally paid Marvel a couple hundred million dollars to do it for you. Best bet will still be an animated movie/series.

If NC will ever be in another movie, personally, I would be glad if they:
A) never bring back movieKurt with the scars.
B) redo Kurt without overdoing the religious part and USE COMPUTER GENERATED IMAGES to have FUR, baby, FUR! :cracked
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Originally posted by steyn

If NC will ever be in another movie, personally, I would be glad if they:
A) never bring back movieKurt with the scars.
B) redo Kurt without overdoing the religious part and USE COMPUTER GENERATED IMAGES to have FUR, baby, FUR!
Amen to Steyn. Yeah, I like the "religious" part, but his "overdoing" is the key word. Make him religious like a real guy. Like St. Ignatius (or Inigo, as we may call him) or St. Edmund Campion, somebody with moral cohones and an adventuresome nature.

Must. Have. Fur. Those without realistic blue fur and prehensile tail need not apply.

So ... we gonna hash out some plots for this or what? Maybe we could do an offshoot of "Script Frenzy" and write one in a month. (Not me, of course; I can't plot my way out of a paper bag even if you spot me a compass and a sherpa. But I'm good with dialogue.) Then we call Reiner.

Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

sorry, not like dreamworks. pixar is far better (just goes to show what good writing can do). that said, traditional animation for a Kurt movie would be best.

i, however, wouldn't trust them to do a good job. call me cynical but that's how i feel. the best onscreen presentation of Kurt has been Pryde of the X-men. while i like evolution, that Kurt wasn't the real one.
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
Kurts Hurt77
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Kurts Hurt77 »

FUR!?NEVER!!!FUR IS LAME!!!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

Well, he has fur in the comics, and he was created with fur by the late, great, Dave Cockrum. I think the only reason why they didn't put fur on him in the X2 movie is because they didn't have the time nor money to have all of the CG done

[Edited on 18/9/2008 by steyn]
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Also, 77, don't forget that we aren't talking long, matted, psycho-flyaway-with-gnats-in-it fur.

Think: sleek sealskin.

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

Velvety to give a better description
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Yeah, well, I didn't want to start drooling or anything before I run off to provide music for Mass at the old folks' home.

Although, looking at a certain avatar, perhaps "silken kangaroo pelt" would be close enough.

[Edited on 18/9/08 by Elfdame]

Kurts Hurt77
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Kurts Hurt77 »

Originally posted by Elfdame
Also, 77, don't forget that we aren't talking long, matted, psycho-flyaway-with-gnats-in-it fur.

Think: sleek sealskin.
well first dont ever call me 77,you make me feel like 88's(badguy) brother,& second I think the skin is sleek enough.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Sorry, got lazy typing. I'll keep away from the numerical moniker.

Anyway, we can agree to disagree. I was so used to canon-comic and Evo Kurt that the scars kinda seemed incongruous to me.

But lots of swordplay, right? And smart-aleck responses to the bad guys, right?

Kurts Hurt77
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Kurts Hurt77 »

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. . . . . .sure,yes,right,that is correct. . . .i think. . . :(
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

As for the scars, I also found it a bit out of character for Nightcrawler to engage in any self-mutilation of that extensive religious-themed kind, particularly since Catholicism actually discourages such practices. I also felt that the scars overpowered the character, to the point that I found movie 'Crawler somewhat creepy because of his scars, rather than out-of-the-ordinary because of his appearance and abilities. And there was the moment when I wondered just how many people would think Catholicism means carving yourself up to show your repentance.

If the Nightcrawler movie is not an adaptation of Even Angels Have Scars, I would not be at all loath to the idea of a whole new scar-less Nightcrawler movie as part of a general X-Men reboot down the road.

And, Elfdame, because you're back from Mass by now, now we can sing Blue Velvet!
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

OT Warning!!
Okay, Angelique -- do I do lead or bgv? I'm a "sopralto" in our choir, ie, whatever needs doin' (including tenor and, if pushed, bass). And can I get Dr. Brian May on guitar and Roger Taylor on drums and Paul Rodgers to help with bgv's?

*end of Off-Topic meandering*

Okay, so back to the plot of this-here movie we gonna make when we hit the big time. Covering his youth? Or starting with how he got into the X-men? Or general swashbuckling, damsel-saving, practical joking in the context of a day in the life of the X-men? We can always pretend what it would be like to make a true-to-the-Kurt-as-we-perceive-him flick, yah?

Ooooops ... just realized I did not couch the above in piratical speak. Too late now ... I must be shovin' off to be bleachin' the scurvy slimy mold that be stowin' away in the ceilings where the blowed roof were leakin' a few days past. Time to climb the mizzen and give that biscuit-eatin' mold the heave-ho!