The Art Adams' banner art?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong sub-forum, but I couldn't figure out where to put it:

I am simply wondering from where the Art Adams' Nightcrawler banner pic at the top of this forum is taken? Anyone?
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

We're talking about the upside-down one, or the crouching-for-battle one? I'm assuming (yeah, yeah, I know about assuming) it's from WildC.A.T.S & X-Men In The Modern Age, but not sure.

I have that comic and love, love, LOVE it! Some of my favourite Nighty/Wolvie scenes and wonderful art and of course Kurt has to kiss a freshly-rescued damsel.

Sigh.

My copy is dog-eared and granny-slobbered.

But I could be wrong about the origin.

[Edited on 1/10/08 by Elfdame]
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Do you mean the Adam Hughes banner? I posted several pages of WildC.A.T.S: X-Men in the Modern Age on this forum. You could check there.

viewthread.php?tid=9519

[Edited on 1/10/08 by neling4]
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Originally posted by Elfdame
We're talking about the upside-down one, or the crouching-for-battle one? I'm assuming (yeah, yeah, I know about assuming) it's from WildC.A.T.S & X-Men In The Modern Age, but not sure.

I have that comic and love, love, LOVE it! Some of my favourite Nighty/Wolvie scenes and wonderful art and of course Kurt has to kiss a freshly-rescued damsel.

Sigh.

My copy is dog-eared and granny-slobbered.

But I could be wrong about the origin.

[Edited on 1/10/08 by Elfdame]
No, the Arthur Adams one, not the Adam Hughes ones. The one where he leaps into battle. The Adam Hughes ones I recognize from the very pretty Wildcats crossover. Thank you for answering, though. ;)
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Sorry we couldn't help.

I don't remember an Art Adams banner. Describe it to me. Are you sure it's Arthur Adams?

I just googled Art Adams art and found galleries of his art with Kurt, but not one I recognize from here.

[Edited on 2/10/08 by neling4]

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

I wish I knew where it came from ... in the one I have as a screen saver (on my old computer, not the one I share with Hubby who finally said, "Why do you keep putting up That Blue Guy? Can't we have Spider-man back?"), it has a background of some carved stone place; Nighty is jumping in front of an arch, and the caption is: "I'd say the action's found you." I found it at comicvine.com but unfortunately the photo didn't have any more info. I looked for some X-publication in Aug of 1996 (b/c of the photo url) but no luck.

Unless by "leaping into battle" you mean the cartoon-y looking one where he's in the leather uniform? I didn't really discover the 'Crawler til about a year ago, so I'm not as well-versed on all the artists.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

[Edited on 2/10/08 by Elfdame]
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I know that one, but the art was by Mike Deodato, Jr. It is from a Nightcrawler story called "The Gift" which is one of several stories in X-Men Unlimited #32, first series, not to be confused with the original "The Gift" which first appeared in Classic X-Men #9, penciled by John Bolton.

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Here is a link to X-Men Unlimited #32, with cover and summary:

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/issues/sh ... ldAuto=311

love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

It's definitely not the Mike Deodato Jr one, I recognize his style. This is the one where it looks like he's leaping from his right, because his feet are pointed that way. The ink style is a little rough compared to the other ones. I wish I could just save the image and post it, but since it's an animated thing, no-can-do.

Thanks for trying, though.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Okay. Now I think I know which image you mean. It is in Excalibur #58, page 18, first panel. It was penciled by Joe Madureira.

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Is this the one you meant?

love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey