WRITE TO JOE Q!

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by neling4 »

HAPPY NEW YEAR NIGHTSCRAWLERS BAMFERS!!!

Here is the latest Cup O' Joe blog on Myspace:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =460092828

I posted a couple of comments there concerning Kurt. I hope I wasn't too snippity. :yell Anyway, I thought perhaps if everyone at Nightscrawlers posted their thoughts on the current and future status of Kurt, perhaps Mr. Quesada might listen. At least it is worth a try.

[Edited on 2/1/09 by neling4]
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Saint Kurt »

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that they listen to the fans.

A few years ago, Nightscrawlers' members launched a huge write in campaign when Marvel publicly announced that the Nightcrawler solo series would end at issue #12. (The admin here were aware of the cancellation several months in advance of the announcement, but at the request of the Nightcrawler series creative team, kept it quiet, launching a not so subtle regular reminder to Nightcrawler fans to BUY the book when it came out each month.) The email/write-in campaign gathered over 500 individually signed emails and many more hand written letters to the editors at Marvel.

Neither effort saved the book.

Unfortunately, it's an even more difficult target now as Nightcrawler is but one of a group of characters. I'm not sure if bombarding the blog will accomplish much more than to make us look fanatical and weird.

I hate to sound like a downer though so ... we'll think of something. It would be great to see Nightcrawler's fans make a big stink about the character they love again.

-e
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by neling4 »

It has been my experience also that Marvel doesn't listen to the fans, unless the fans want what they are already planning. Back in '85, when Kurt was put into a coma during the "Mutant Massacre" arc, to make room for new characters, fans wrote to the letters column asking for his return. The answer was a rude and uncaring "Not going to happen!"

Just recently, a random fan, who BTW had just gotten into comics a year earlier thanks to the first X-Men movie, demanded, and got, a Wolverine/Kitty Pryde series: Wolverine, First Class. Now that fan has moved on to other interests, while the request of an old veteran fan of forty + years (me) for a Wolverine/Nightcrawler series, continues to be ignored.

So, yes, I understand that they don't really care what we want, but I'm too stubborn to keep quiet.

It's probably too late for me not to look fanatical and weird anyway, lol!

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Angelique »

Letting Marvel know that Nightcrawler has fans that are likely to part with Uncanny when he does may be the only good it accomplishes, but I have posted a comment on Mr. Quesada's blog.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Yeah, but one commenter on the blog had an idea: Make Kurt part of the New Avengers. They need a teleporter. Thoughts?
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Diablo »

Nightcrawler, an Avenger ? I'd like that...

But I think you can dream on... :X
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by love_of_bob »

Originally posted by Bamfing_Bob
Yeah, but one commenter on the blog had an idea: Make Kurt part of the New Avengers. They need a teleporter. Thoughts?
If he's not good enough for the X-men, why would he be for the Avengers? It's apparently not just teleportation that's the problem - it says he "hasn't been operating at his highest levels". Which seems to be true, seeing how many injuries he's sustained lately.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Angelique »

Not good enough?

It was only as recently as the late 490's that Nightcrawler saved Wolverine and Colossus from having Omega Red hand their butts to them- all while recovering from a gunshot wound and near electrocution! If that's not good enough for the Uncanny team, nothing is.

I think the truth is that Fraction simply can't write Nightcrawler up to his potential without detracting from The Scott, Emma, and Pixie Show.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Diablo »

Originally posted by Angelique
Not good enough?

It was only as recently as the late 490's that Nightcrawler saved Wolverine and Colossus from having Omega Red hand their butts to them- all while recovering from a gunshot wound and near electrocution! If that's not good enough for the Uncanny team, nothing is.

I think the truth is that Fraction simply can't write Nightcrawler up to his potential without detracting from The Scott, Emma, and Pixie Show.
Amen to that.
I still can't see why writers dig Cyclops so much.
Monolithic, never smiling, never joking. A macho superhero like all the ones you get everywhere.
Even great storytellers like Grant Morrison like him. Can't undertsand that.
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Me neither. He's not near as deep as some other characters. But I think a Wolvie/Nighty Team-Up mini-series would sell nicely. But the friendship aspect and the kickin ass part...
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'll be honest, until they fix a lot of their big problems....

I'm done reading Marvel. Ultimate, Canon, pretty much everything. I just... I don't have the money to be spending on half-assed stories that seem more and more to be written for the sake of bringing in "young readers" when... let's be honest, they're not the ones with money, and haven't been for a while. And more importantly, the content hasn't been for them in a while too. I just... I feel like Marvel is setting their standards too high for their writers or calling for changes so drastic, they make almost no sense. I feel let down.

I'm going to wait for DC's major overhaul, universe wide Ret-Con and then i'll start going through their stuff.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Elfdame »

I'm too old (mentally, not temporally) to understand comics any more. When I see the new stuff linked here, it all just seems like a lotta boob shots and S&M. *yawn* That's why I write and read fanfic, because it's more interesting to The Old Broad than what's actually being written. They're even starting to take the shine off Spider-man for me.

Pretty soon, all I'll have is memories.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Diablo
Nightcrawler, an Avenger ? I'd like that...

But I think you can dream on... :X
I thought he'd make a good agent of SHIELD...but I've got it in my head that they've gone defunct...didn't the helicarrier-whatsit crash or something? I'm really not up on the happenings in the Marvel Universe anymore...and with the most recent turn of events it doesn't look like that's gonna change any time soon...

But him joining the Avengers could be cool...they've let blue and furry mutants in before...and there is of course the Wanda angle...is she not insane anymore?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Ten bucks they make him a Morlock...

provided they still exist.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by neling4 »

There hasn't been a new Cup O' Joe blog entry since I last posted. I hope I haven't frightened him with my weirdness and fanaticism.

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Angelique »

Originally posted by neling4
There hasn't been a new Cup O' Joe blog entry since I last posted. I hope I haven't frightened him with my weirdness and fanaticism.
I don't know. If he found your weirdness and fanaticism or the alternately angry and pleading tones of my comments a bit excessive, they would not have made it onto his blog now, would they have?

Still, it may be nice to think that he's taking a week off to come up with something that will appease the fans. Maybe he's just swamped with emails, written letters, and other off-blog comments along the lines of "Don't just blame Nick Lowe for this. Do something!"

[Edited on 7/1/2009 by Angelique]

Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Entropy »

Elfdame,

Stuff now is better than the early 90's in regards to T&A.
My suggestion is to stay away from mainstream Marvel and DC. Marvels Clandestine was good (Alan Davis) and there are lots of good Indy comics out there.

Regarding crawler. They have plans for him. It may not be immediate but he is one of the top x-men. The question is whether the plans they have for him are any good.
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by neling4 »

Okay Entropy. I will assume you have inside info. We old ladies are an impatient bunch, right Elfdame? I don't want to wait another twenty plus years for some good Elf stories, but as I posted over at Marvel earlier:

"I will just shut up now and sit quietly and wait. *twiddles* ":halo

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Elfdame »

Myself, I enjoy Marvel Adventures (Spidey) b/c they seem aimed at middle schoolers. They are drawn so I can see what's actually happening (rather than jump-cuts and lots of barely-dressed ladies sticking men with sharp objects in weird lighting); they have lots of humor and fun villains; and they actually finish at the end of the comic (I forget the trade talk for that). I've said for a long time that I'm an 11-year-old boy in a half-century-grandma's body, and I guess that proves it. ;-)

I haven't kept up with recent X-men enough to even know what Kurt's like or what he's doing (other than the odd link from here to recent previews), so it doesn't bother me as much. It seems like some are saying he's with New Young X-men or with Avengers ... I don't care. Although I miss the days of Marvel Team-ups where you'd get the two wall-crawlers together *fond memory sighs*.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Freak »

Is called "one-shot", my dear dame :D

And yes, we need more of them. Maybe those annyoing cliffhangers are better for the sales, but they get tiresome real fast.
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Angelique »

Elfdame wrote: I haven't kept up with recent X-men enough to even know what Kurt's like or what he's doing (other than the odd link from here to recent previews), so it doesn't bother me as much. It seems like some are saying he's with New Young X-men or with Avengers ...
That's just speculation as to where he's going after he quits the X-Men. He's still being treated like a substitute Pixie in Uncanny.

Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Entropy »

they did a couple of marvel team ups a few years ago. i glanced at it, nothing interesting. no one seems to remember MTU 89 or ASM 161 162. heck, sometimes they don't even seem to remember Kurt and Logan are best buds (those MCP comics though, besides the gorgeous Gene Colan art, weren't very good).

no, no inside info. but crawler consistently ranks/rates high among fans and nothing much has been done with him recently. someone either came up with a good idea (their version of a good idea, not necessarily ours) for him or they realize that they need some time to think about what to do with him. i think a short hiatus is not a big issue and may help them to remember the core of crawler.
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Elfdame »

Entropy said
No one seems to remember MTU 89 or ASM 161 162. heck, sometimes they don't even seem to remember Kurt and Logan are best buds (those MCP comics though, besides the gorgeous Gene Colan art, weren't very good).
[/quote]
I have #89 - not the cleverest of plots, but some WONDERFUL lines and classic Crawlage, plus a bit of my man Arcade!

And their first meeting -- when each thinks the other is a murderer -- aaah, those were the days, children!

And doesn't everyone enjoy the Nightcrawler/Wolverine dynamic? It adds so much depth ... that one from a while back where they were fighting a faux-Hellfire goon was kinda neat for a bit.

If I weren't swamped with other stuff, I'd write me a team-up, maybe a sequel to "All's Fair" in which Kurt gets even with Logan for the Halloween caper (never got a banner, but who's complaining, tum-ti-tum...).

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by neling4 »

Elfdame wrote:
If I weren't swamped with other stuff, I'd write me a team-up, maybe a sequel to "All's Fair" in which Kurt gets even with Logan for the Halloween caper (never got a banner, but who's complaining, tum-ti-tum...).
What's that on the bottom of your post?

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

WRITE TO JOE Q!

Post by Angelique »

I never won a banner for any of my fics, but that didn't stop me from writing any sequels.

The drawback to fanfic is that the latest by Elfdame never shows up in my box at the comic book store on Wednesdays.