2009 New Years Resolutions

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

I saw an interesting thing on what you 'won't' do rather than what you will. I thought it'd be cool to combine them.

I don't want unachievable goals either - or ones that I kinda do every year like 'lose weight' or 'work out more' or those things. Every year I do that part of the year and the rest of it seems sabatoged. So...here's what is it for me.

1. This year I won't be as hard on myself as I usually am. I sweat the small stuff and treat myself unlike I'd treat others.

2. This year I will make an effort to smile at as many people as I can. Happyness is catching! :) And it makes me feel good to smile and see people smile back.

3. I will spend more time out with friends this year. I tend to put housework and all that first - and end up too pooped to do anything with my friends after all of that. I recognise that spending time with my friends is important for me and their mental well being and happyness. So I'm gonna do it.

There we are. Those are the biggies and they are positive ones - not ones that make me feel guilty (for example thinking about losing weight makes me feel fat) so I think they'll be easier to keep and more beneficial in the long run.

How about you guys? Can you come up with resolutions that make you feel uplifted rather than punished?
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

1. This year I won't resolve to lose weight. I will, however, continue to stick close to the same plan that helped me trim those extra pounds and inches.

2. This year I won't spend more time working. I will invest more in doing the things I like.

3. Because I had to give myself an easy one, I will try to be even more generously affectionate toward my husband and kids.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

1. I will keep active and not binge eat. I will maintain my weight and strive to lose weight.

2. I will make progress in what I do. No more being stagnant.

3. I'm gonna get a girlfriend, dammit....
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Moving!

...that is all.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

1. Stay off the alcohol. I've spent the last year or so being able to think clearly and I don't appreciate being shaky, so I'll reward myself with feeling good.

2. Try not to let the little things bother me. I'm too easily wound up and stressed, and I think it's about time I learnt to calm down. I'm 22 now, not 15.

3. Try to be more bloody optamistic! I'm too gloomy. Positive thoughts tend to bring better results, and failing is NOT the worst thing in the world, damnit. I need to learn to put up and try again.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Excellent resolutions everyone! Really, positivity does breed positivity and happyness. So important to find those in our days. It's easy to get fixated on those negative things...but when you just take a minute to slow down and appreciate that potato that you are eating or the way the sun shines through the branches of a tree or just being warm and cozy in your bed...it's amazing how much those things can add up if you don't overlook them or take them for granted.

Awesome plans guys!
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

I've made only one resolution for the year 2009, but it's something that I am absolutely dedicated to: I'll write my novel. :)
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

I only have one thing I want to do this year, and that's something I noticed I tend not to do. I want to finish with everything I start. Following through with stuff is my weak point. I tend to steer off course.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Wow, an ADD Nightcrawler fan? I thought I'd never.... wait... I forgot.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!