Spoilers for X-Infernus #2

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I posted spoilers here, on the Marvel forums, but I am too lazy to cut and paste or type it all out again, so just scroll down about six posts and highlight over my posts for news about Kurt:

http://www.marvel.com/boards/viewtopic. ... 5&start=30
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Eh, I guess it's a step up from where we've been seeing Kurt. Yay.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Bamfing_Bob wrote:Eh, I guess it's a step up from where we've been seeing Kurt. Yay.
Did you see that he has been made "team leader"?

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Isn't he also the technician for the Blackbird?
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

neling4 wrote: Did you see that he has been made "team leader"?
Those sarcastic quotation marks? :shifty
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Freak wrote:
neling4 wrote: Did you see that he has been made "team leader"?
Those sarcastic quotation marks? :shifty
No. I was just quoting Cyclops. No sarcasm intended.

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I just hope they don't make him screw up.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

yeah, but despite team leader, they could still mess up Kurt. I'd say the position wouldn't last more than 3 or 4 issues...
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:Isn't he also the technician for the Blackbird?
Yes...he is...

He's also their field medic...I guess all the remaining characters are so awesomely awesome that not only can they do everything he does better than him, they're also totally invulnerable.
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Angelique wrote:I just hope they don't make him screw up.
Considering what the solicit for X-men: Quitting Time said, that's probably exactly what's going to happen.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

love_of_bob wrote:
Angelique wrote:I just hope they don't make him screw up.
Considering what the solicit for X-men: Quitting Time said, that's probably exactly what's going to happen.
The only other option that I can see for him leaving the X-Men, would be because he finds out about X-Force. Kurt would be appalled by X-Force, after all, he has spent many years trying to help Logan subdue his killer instincts, and now Cyclops is exploiting and encouraging Logan's killer instincts. I would love for Kurt to realize that Cyclops is a weenie in a weenie suit, but that would not be allowed in the MU now. Cyclops must be seen as "cool". And yes, those are sarcastic quotation marks this time.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I agree with Neling on that one, that would be the most logical, but Marvel will never role with that. It'll probably be something stupid and selfish. They like to sell out to the emo kids now. They think they'll attract the emo crowd. :rolleyes.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Of course, Nighty can pull off emo pretty well if he wants to. Ha ha, I'm speaking as though he's my bud from physics class....
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by the_lone_bamf »

Ugh yeah, I picked this up yesterday as well- I guess I"m just feeding my morbid curiosity...
I don't see Kurt becoming King of Limbo any time soon, honestly- but geez, where did Cyclops get off crowning Pixie and her crew as the all grand poo-bahs of that particular sector of Hell?

I will say, I did get a slight chuckle when

**SPOILER

Illyana was told she looked 'terrible' after being more or less healed...

I have to say- I have a hunch that this comic isn't going to really go anywhere. I see Illyana opting to go back to her job as the uber bitch of Limbo rather than let Belasco-wench control things. She'll probably keep the soul sword and give Pixie her lucky charm marshmallows or whatever it was she was so desperate for...

And Kurt will end the story arc having been stabbed, upstaged, and ignored...

I kind of *liked* him having the soul sword. Anyone else feel that way?
Image Image
"Every living creature is unique-- it is a part of our charm."
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

the_lone_bamf wrote: I kind of *liked* him having the soul sword. Anyone else feel that way?
Definitely! I was looking forward to seeing him battle Illyana for possession of it, but we were cheated out of that.

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

neling4 wrote:
the_lone_bamf wrote: I kind of *liked* him having the soul sword. Anyone else feel that way?
Definitely! I was looking forward to seeing him battle Illyana for possession of it, but we were cheated out of that.
Me too. He would have handled the situation with a lot more diplomacy, grace, and superior swordsmanship too.

By the way, since when did Pipsqueak get so good with a sword? Why didn't they show Nightcrawler giving her fencing lessons?
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by the_lone_bamf »

From the looks of it "Good with a sword" is an overstatement. I haven't seen her handling one in other issues- but it seems like in X-Infernus she is mostly "Good at posing with a sword also check out my totally pink hair except where it is black like my soul is this dramatic enough for you guys yet hey are any teenage girls reading I just wanted to check" until Illyana knocks it out of her hand 2 minutes later.

On a side note- I really wish we saw more of Kurt using swords and kicking some butt. Unfortunately, I think the device of having him lose to someone (like Kitty in his solo series) to make a point of 1. How bad ass that person is, 2. How distracted he is or 3. How frustrating the writing is... is getting a bit cliche. Is it just me? When was the last time he actually won a sword fight? I know he looked glorious in that Alan Davis illustrated danger room sequence with Rachel, but... I mean... a fight against an actual opponent? I'd sorta hoped we'd see some actual sword-swinging awesome from him with the soul sword t some point, but I didn't even think it came up since his solo series. Has it? I'm not very good at keeping up with the current issues/storylines.

Sorry for getting randomly off topic...
Image Image
"Every living creature is unique-- it is a part of our charm."
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

the_lone_bamf wrote:I really wish we saw more of Kurt using swords and kicking some butt.
Sorry for getting randomly off topic...
1) Thank God for back issues of Excalibur and Uncanny, and fanfic. I'm trying to get my Dad to read the Excaliburs [I have #16] where Kurt is posed like an Edgar Rice Burroughs hero. I too think Crawler should carry a cutlass, at least part of the time. I am still catching up on X-lore, and reading thru thick volumes of Essential from the library, and the tidbits of Crawlage make me wonder why, oh, why they didn't use him more? The tiny episode in Uncanny #204 where he questions himself and then outwits Arcade (I love that villain) is soooo fun! And June Brigman's drawings ... yum. At least I purchased the 4-issue solo run from 1985 that I can read again and again when I am in dire need of light-hearted Crawlage.

2) Yeah, quit getting randomly off topic ... that's my purview. Although I do think that talking about the dearth of satisfying Nightcrawler action is germane, since he gets discarded yet again in a kind of "oh thank you for carrying that pesky soulsword, now do go and lie limply against the ground for a few months" way.

I'll take my cranky old fat self outta here for a while so youse guyz can have a decent discussion.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

the_lone_bamf wrote:From the looks of it "Good with a sword" is an overstatement. I haven't seen her handling one in other issues- but it seems like in X-Infernus she is mostly "Good at posing with a sword also check out my totally pink hair except where it is black like my soul is this dramatic enough for you guys yet hey are any teenage girls reading I just wanted to check" until Illyana knocks it out of her hand 2 minutes later.
*~*~LULZ~*~* ^^
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Freak »

Kurt won a sword fight against Spiral in Wolverine and the X-Men :shifty
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Yeah...he cut off her mechanical arms...it was sweet :D

So...I guess I don't have to rush down to the comicshop for this series then?

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Freak »

For Kurt alone? Not yet.

If you've got a bit of money on the side, the art is nice, and if you ignore the uber-Pixieness it's actually enjoyable.

Also: Yes, Pixie has never before fought with a sword or received training in the books. So yeah, yet another way to force her into our faces as the next best thing after Jesus.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

You mean she may give the mighty Wolverine a run for his money in the awesomely awesome for no apparent reason stakes?

It's on my pull list...I've got the first issue around here somewhere...I saw what happened to Kurt and didn't bother to read it...