You too, can attend the New York Comic Convention!

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

You can watch the live blog of the X-Men panel, here:

http://www.marvel.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=147029

Hopefully, this is where we will hear the big announcement concerning Nightcrawler.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

Cool, now I only have to find ot when it is in my timezone :shifty
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

I signed up to be reminded 3 hrs before ... if I remember to check my email, ha ha ... but usually I'm just cleaning house on Friday so maybe I can watch it while I swab the decks.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

It'll probably be something like...

"Yeah...Nightcrawler never actually existed...he was just a mental projection of [insert capable character of choice here]...so he's not quitting because he was never here in the first place..."

Or maybe he's Logan's 'Jiminy Cricket' and he's not needed anymore now that Logan's a real boy...

Nand has lost all faith in Marvel...until they do something to prove otherwise...

[Edited on 6-2-2009 by Nandireya]
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Be sure to let us know what you find out!
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Please do. Real life concerns will likely keep me off the 'puter at that time.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Heh, I'm just not interested in sitting through it.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Usually these things are on in the middle of the night for me...this one's on at like 5:15 in the afternoon...but I don't know if I want to sit through a whole heap of the panel patting themselves on the back about their brilliant ideas that I have no interest in in the hopes they might mention something about Kurt...

*sigh*

I really picked the wrong time to make my way back into the fandom...

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Well, DUMMY ME, I chose today to update my Microsoft stuff ... so now am having trouble staying connected. Will try to listen, but ... don't getcher hopes up.

BamfingBob got 1st question in on the live-chat thingy.. about Crawler of course ...

HA HA hilarious how many of you showed up: at least, Bob, Neling, and Freak, and the 1st audience question was about the Elf. Love it! Tho they seem loathe to say if he'll be doing anything (whining or otherwise).

[Edited on 6/2/09 by Elfdame]

[Edited on 6/2/09 by Elfdame]
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Hey Elfdame!

Well...that was disappointing. Where was the big announcement about Nightcrawler? They didn't even say if he was to be in the new X-Men Forever series. I asked that question three times, but my questions never showed up.

[Edited on 6/2/09 by neling4]

Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Hey everyone! My computer messed up, so I stole my sister's. She's been waiting the whole time, lol. Okay, So, I was here the whole time. I believe you can read it in it's entirety here> http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories ... -Men_Panel

Sadly, in Nighty News, they were vague and cryptic. Oh joy. What do you expect? "Is Nightcrawler going to get less whiny? Big stuff is happening to Nightcrawler coming up next month--he'll quit the X-Men in a one-shot coming up next month (forgetting the title and they didn't mention it)."

Also, Nocturne might show up sometime soon. No news on Magneto. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are sticking to Avengers. Um... all they had to say about Gambit was "You'll be in tears"- Mike Carey. Deadpool has alot going on, including a Deadpool vs Bullseye piece. Layla Miller and Kitty Pryde were mentioned, but nothing concrete. And apparently Cyclops is a class favorite now that he's being covered by Joss Wheden.

Thanks to all for showing up, it was fun. I hope you can read it sometime. I'll copy it and make a new thread if the link sucks :)
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

I think he said he thought the whoppin-big surprise was The Return Of Claremont, with new heroes and new characters and new villains etc etc

So any whoppin-big surprises weren't about the Elf. *sigh*

Thank God for fanfic.

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I guess Kurt will be in X-Men Forever. If you look carefully, and squint, you can almost see him in the lower left-hand corner of the cover, behind the HUGE pictures of Storm and Rogue:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/ ... _COLv2.jpg

I just found this:

http://www.comicmix.com/news/2009/02/06 ... n-forever/

love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Bamfing_Bob wrote:Hey everyone! My computer messed up, so I stole my sister's. She's been waiting the whole time, lol. Okay, So, I was here the whole time. I believe you can read it in it's entirety here> http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories ... -Men_Panel

Sadly, in Nighty News, they were vague and cryptic. Oh joy. What do you expect? "Is Nightcrawler going to get less whiny? Big stuff is happening to Nightcrawler coming up next month--he'll quit the X-Men in a one-shot coming up next month (forgetting the title and they didn't mention it)."
Newsarama quotes Lowe as saying: "Big things are coming up for Nightcrawler after he quits the X-Men." Which sounds more promising, but still vague.

I'm just relieved he didn't end up with Claremont.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Lint! I mean...love-of-bob! I got kicked out of the Marvel forums. They won't let me post there. I'm sure it's nothing personal and just a temporary glitch.

What were we talking about? Oh yes, I was going to say that Chris Claremont's new series begins where X-Men #3 left off. Maybe he will do something about that awful Draco retcon.

Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Yeah, I'm excited about Nighty leaving, for one. I hope he breaks through as a solo hero, even though I do like him working with Wolvie and/or Colossus.

And yeah Neling, in that pic I thought I saw a piece of purple smoke, but I can't be sure...
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

So...is X-Men Forever a retcon or an alternate reality?

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Nandireya wrote:So...is X-Men Forever a retcon or an alternate reality?
As I understood it, it is Chris Claremont's alternate reality. He will pick up where he left it in X-Men #3, and write it the way he meant to write it before another writer took over the book.

Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Oh, and I forgot to mention that everyone was wondering about Hope Summer's parents. And they kept repeating "Well, she has red hair and green eyes..."

Okay, I get it, she's Irish. But who are her parents?!? Ha ha
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

neling4 wrote: As I understood it, it is Chris Claremont's alternate reality. He will pick up where he left it in X-Men #3, and write it the way he meant to write it before another writer took over the book.
Didn't he want to hook Kurt up with Ororo? He certainly seemed to be leaning towards that in Uncanny X-Men #445...and Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa was pretty much told he couldn't hook Kurt up with Christine because of Claremont's plans...

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

neling4 wrote:
Nandireya wrote:So...is X-Men Forever a retcon or an alternate reality?
As I understood it, it is Chris Claremont's alternate reality. He will pick up where he left it in X-Men #3, and write it the way he meant to write it before another writer took over the book.
:X :X :X :X :X :X :X :X :X :X :X :X :X
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Nandireya wrote:
neling4 wrote: As I understood it, it is Chris Claremont's alternate reality. He will pick up where he left it in X-Men #3, and write it the way he meant to write it before another writer took over the book.
Didn't he want to hook Kurt up with Ororo? He certainly seemed to be leaning towards that in Uncanny X-Men #445...and Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa was pretty much told he couldn't hook Kurt up with Christine because of Claremont's plans...
I think he was more keen on hooking up Ororo with Logan. Those two were together in X-men: The End, remember?
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

I try to forget that series...he hooked Kurt up with an alternate reality version of himself :yech

Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

Meh, I'm okay with Claremont getting his alternate universe books, he actually works fine with them.
:freak :andreas They're fighting!