PATY!!!! rumour has it... (NXM SPOILERS)

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

Post by Paty »

:mags:

In the X Men...
Three nasty alien races...
In the X men...
Cities destroyed on a daily basis...
In the X Men...
And Ol' thunderbird in stasis...
In the X men...
In the X men...

LOLOL
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
Isaac Perlmutter , Alan Fine, Alex Alonso and Nick Lowe at
Marvel Entertainment Inc.
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
:magneto
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Post by Panz »

A pox upon you Paty!!! LOL

In the X-men
you can do what they do
in the X-Men
even if you're blue
in the X-Men
fanged and fuzzy too
in the X-Men
in the X-Men

:P
maybe I'll improve with practice.
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

LOL... keep to the meter, kiddo...

In the X Men...
You can do what they do, too...
In the X men...
Even if your skin is blue...
In the X men...
And you're fanged and fuzzy, too...
In the X men...
In the x men...

In meter, it is better to put in a half beat, on occasion, than to leave out a full beat or two...LOL
And some times the accent on a word is kafungy to Keep the beat proper. but, hey...whatta you want when you bastardize a song???

LOL
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

Y'see...in the "In the Navy" song, the number of beats in the second, fourth and sixth line is seven. That's seven syllables.A line like Cities destroyed on a daily basis would use half beats as whole beats in certain areas...such as...
Cities as one beat destroyed as one beat , on a as one beat, then, dai ly as two beats and ba sis as two beats. You can condense beats ...within reason..but youcannot leave them out.

In the JLA song, we stretch the JJ LA . The J becomes a two beat word instead of a one beat. More logically, the Line should be It's fun to be in the OLD JLA...or It's fun to be in the NEW JLA...depending on which one you were singing about. The meter in the chorus of YMCA is ten beats, ten beats, six beats, six beats, eight beats.
Ith meter in the "In the X men...: song is four beats, seven beats, four beats, seven beats, four beats, seven beats, four beats, four beats.
Once you understand meter...or beats... you can filk with a great deal of ease because the beats correspond to beats in the music...so your rhythm will always be true.
Rhyme is another matter entirely...LOL there tends to be a little more leeway there...although you want the rhymes to be as close as possible, of course. sometimes plurals are accepted and sometimes not...especially if they add another syllable to an already tight line. There's a whole science to it...and the best filkers can not only adhere to rhythm and meter, but will also keep to the same rhyme...not just rhyming pattern...like abababaa or aabbb or abc abc d ..but the rhyme itself. eg...tree, see, thee. could become he she me in a new rhyme but the ee sound of the original verse is preserved. That's hard to do though...so good filking usually tends to simply consider the meter and rhyming pattern in general rather than specific.

In the X Men..oops...Uh.. In the Navy... is such a good and easy song to filk when you understand the beat principles that it is addictive...just as the JLA song was when Dave and I started rolling. Sometimes it is simply a matter of taking a moment to reconfigure a thought to make it fit the seven beat or six beat line...and then realize that in doing so you have lost the rhyme...which is just as important... so it's back to the start. it does help to strengthen one's concise usage of words. You pare the concepts down to the bone and you cannot get overly flowery with verbiage when filking...everything has to fit and fit coherently into the established rhyme and meter.
LOL
Paty

On rereading, It comes to mind that this analysis of how to properly filk should be posted over on the "filk" theread...but i don't know how to move it...so I guess it will juststay here...LOL...
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
LoneWolf21
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by LoneWolf21 »

Paty, I don't think you want to read the reviews of the next issue of NM...it's just...well what Magneto does is very hard to make into any sort of sense if you're familiar with the charater. You have my sympathies for this.

I can't believe this is the same Magneto that taught the New Muties back in the day...yeesh.
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

well, another interesting theory has shown up-

Magneto may be possessed by Quentin Quire, and in that case, his behavior might make i little more sense.
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

My personal theory is that it is NOT Mags at all! go back to the Alan Davis days... Astra clones Joseph from cells taken from Mags after Avalon fell. she says she wants to kill him...so when he is at her mercy, why doesn't she kill him? No...she wants to PLAY with him...but she can't get him outta the coma he is in! So she clones Magneto after Magneto, trying to get it right. She gets Joseph...then she gets other Magneto s , pitting them against each other.
Think of how many times in the last ten years or sdo Magneto has been "killed"...not been in control or his powers...not acted rationally... not known things Mags should know... been invaded and flummixed by Xavier...been used by any and all...not even SMELLED like Magneto!!! All of these are failed clones...thinking they are Magneto...because of programming by Astra, who has the real Magneto in stasis as a permanent source for dna material...so she can clone the "Magneto" she has the hots for! But that man is still in stasis...never having come out of a coma that the fall from avalon induced. He is preserved completely as he was back then...and his memories are intact...as is his personality and his goals. He is still honorable and uncrazed. He still wants to protect mutants...but not exterminate innocent humans to do so. He only fights those who persecute, hunt and hate his kind. And the thought of actucally acting like a Hitler would horrify him. He is still the man Rogue fell in love with in the Savage Land! Astra couldn't know all the memories that make up his psyche...that make him the person she admired...so the clones were lacking in the tempering fires of his experiences...and ultimately went one way or another due to her programming. Benevolent...like Joseph...or crazed like some of the depictions we have seen recently.
Rogue should know this...when she kissed Mags on Genosha, she "saw" a black hole in the center of him...that was because this was an imperfect copy of the man she knew and loved. sooner or later, some of the memories of the growing tubes...the training Astra used to program the clones is gonna leak into her consciousness and she is gonna resolve the mess by hunting down the REAL Mags...which wolvie and Hank can verify by his scent...not to mention that Auschwitz tattoo!!!Do any of the other clones have it? Not that I remember...but we saw it first in Israel when Xavier and Mags first met...and in the movie, by the way...
So...there you have my scenerio for fixing the whole thing. Now, if only the people at Marvel would read this and have the common good sense to USE it!!! It explains EVERY abberration that has cropped up in ten years due to bad writing and worse editing!!!
And if they would hire REAL editors, things like the Morrison crap and ten years of bigotry and bad writing might not have besmirtched Marvel's reputation!!!
Yeah the whole Planet X crap is nothing but Morrison flipping the bird at all the fans and the pros at Marvel. I really think he hates Marvel and did this on purpose...why? I haven't a clue...but he couldn't have done more damage if he were PAID to do it! and Marvel management and editorial are totally incompetant for letting him do it!!! Contract or no contract, a company has the right to edit to protect it's merchandisable properties!!!
Jemas seems to have been the Judas who negotiated that contract...following in the bigotted steps of Hardass... cuz this particular switching the poles thing was a plotline that got shot down for stupidity years and years ago. Why is it rearing it's ugly head now? It is a deliberate slam at the fans who love this charactyer. Avi Arad, who also likes the character...the Claremont magneto... must be livid!!!
A recent article in a Jewish newsletter or magazine, had an interview with Chris Claremont about Magneto...it was really good and portrayed the Magneto we knew and came to admire. That magazine just came out within the last two weeks. So a lot of Jewish would be readers are gonna see Magneto as he is now being portrayed...another Hitler...and be disgusted...as am I by this latest arc in New X Men.
I am refusing to buy the last Morrison arc...and isuspect that a lot of others are, too. Why is New X men 151 printed EN TOTO in this month's Wizard??? A teaser of a couple pages, I could see...but the WHOLE ISSUE of 22 pages??? My hope is that so many people have dropped New X men because of the Magneto debacle that they are trying to cut their losses. If they are contractually obligated to PRINT the arc, maybe they are giving it to wizzrd to print, so it will not become canon...something they should have done with Planet X...cuz that arc DOWS NOT fit into the shared universe...no matter how they are attempting to cover the holes. Did anyone notice that the 149 issue shipped a week later than it was supposed to? could that have been because they had to insert word balloons to cover some of the glaring plot holes such as no superdoops in residence with "Magneto made a phone call and lured them all to Brooklyn" bullshit!!! Gimme a break!!! Morrison's writing got worse and worse and no one was minding the store!!! Deliberate FU to the fans and the marvel corporate entity!!!
And there are stupid fans who are actually trying to say this is good stuff! Boy! They really don't get it, do they? This is poison jello time, kiddies...lap it up!!!
Printing NXM 151 en toto in Wizard just doesn't make any sense to me...unless Marvel is dumping it...which means that we may see 152,3 and 4 there, too. and if that is the case, it would mean that contractually their asses are covered against a lawsuit from the Morrison people...but that the "future" and it's storylines are never made into canon. The destruction of New York, it's infrastructure and surounds..such as the Statue of Liberty...are so pervasive that i cannot believe that this is a real storyline, at all...and they would do well to treat it as such. A fever dream of one of the clones...or something like that...There has gotta be a LOT of spin doctoring here to fix the total mess that morrison has made.
Cassandra Nova as a hero...RIGHT! Anyone out there believe that??? PTUI !!
New X Men 150 oughtta just MAKE my holiday!!! And everyone else's too...Can you say NAUSEATED FOR X MAS???
I don't think the people at Marvel realize just how badly they have screwed up here. And if they do realize it...they had better fix it fast...or lose a hefty part of their readershiip. Mags was popular...so why destroy a popular character that could have ...properly written...garnered a huge following.
I must admit the art on 151 ...by silvestri... is lovely...but even that couldn't make up for the dreadful writing. Shame on you, Mark, for touting this as good stuff! Your art is soooo wasted here. I hope you got BIG BICKS for doing this!

Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Perhaps the Planet X arc can be dismissed by having Magneto wake up from his deep sleep and say, "What a hell of a nightmare!":LOL

A repeat of 80's Dallas anyone?
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

Heh..yeah...I always thought it was Hank McCoy having a bad pepperoni pizza nightmare...LOL

Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Panz »

Paty, if you know which mag or paper that article with Chris is in, would you let me know? I imagine he is super busy right now with all of the projects that he has coming up and I'm trying to not be a pest and bug him, but I like reading his interviews, they are always fun.
Panz

Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Panz »

I was always under the impression that Chris Claremont was Jewish, and that is why he took such love and care with Mags and Kitty...(Panz can be pretty thick at times:? ) He mentioned living in Israel, and a few other things, so I just always assumed. I really don't know him at all well. But he is a brilliant writer, and someone that I admire. Claremont has portrayed all of my favorite characters with such attention to culture and detail, that it makes me literally sick to see them dragged down and mistreated by other writers who don't give a damn about them and only want the job at Marvel because it is prestige.

I would be ashamed to drag some one elses creation through the latrine like has been done so often since the 90's and because I admire the guys that created these wonderful characters, I would be too paranoid of screwing them up to even try. Oh how I wish that other writers felt the same, we would have been spared a lot of horrid glop.

I'm hoping against hoping against hope that Chris can do something with this mess... He may not want to bother after looking at the wreckage.... Mags did not deserve to be culture raped and left as a pitiful, old washed-up drug addict. Makes me wonder if Morrison is anti-semitic or what. If there is a future for Magneto, I sincerely hope that Marvel considers some of our protests about his ill treatment and set down some form of guidelines for writing him. I don't want to see what else can be done to him.

I'm all for it being a terrible dream sequence, myself.

:( boy, am I depressed now, I guess I should stop ranting.
Panz

Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Wasn't there a point where Magneto was so weakened by Fabian Cortez that he dissolved into Magnetic energy? What if he never fully reformed, but rather bits and pieces of his psyche became new Magnetos, returning to the original as each one was killed off.............
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

OOOOOO.....
Interesting theory. Well...you've seen mine if you read the above diatribe I posted earlier.
I also put it into a fanfic that I posted to the magnetorogue mailing list over at yahoogroups.
I really want to illustrate this story...sigh...

According to sources... there is no hope in Mudville...Mighty Mags is about to strike out.
The whole Morrison run should be shitcanned....or at least the Planet X arc! He did give us a really eeeevil villain in Cassandra Nova...but the printing of 151 in this month's Wizard presents her as a good guy...and I don't believe that for a hot minute!
So, where does this leave us? Not anywhere I would want to be if I were trying to save Marvel's goose!
This is the biggest screwup since New Coke!!! and heads should roll severely for it...but I doubt they will. Although Jemas is gone into a well deserved oblivion for his part in the debacle. That they are surreptitously blaming all the screwup on him is not surprising. They need a scapegoat...and he may well have engineered this abominnation...and if he DID... then no punishment...including public disemboweling is great enough...at least in my book! I would gladllly wield the knife!
But then, I am a bloodthirsty bitch! Especially when it comes to the desecration of our Dread Lord!!!

Paty
No...I am not kidding!
And for the magazine info, U2U rivka...as she is the one who told me about it. She will know the particulars...OK?
P.
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

I'm talking and I can't shut up

Post by Panz »

Thanks Paty, already found it. I can find anything on the internet given the right search words and enough time

Why they let Jemas go on with this and several other hare-brained ideas is got to be one of lifes big mysteries. I'm glad they've stuck him with some crayons at the back table.

Why anyone should have let Morrison take something as valuable as part of the X franchise and screw around with it. GM must have some powerful talent with buffalo-ing goggled fanboys.

Though the review over on ComiX-fan was mixed most of the reviewers over there seem to be slavish GM camp followers. If any one else wrote something that hideous, especially my favorite authors, I'd be after them like the wild hunt, at this point, I just want GM to quit mucking about and go away.

I suppose if there is a good side to all of this, Dead OBVIOUSLY does NOT mean dead for some writers. That being the case, maybe at some future date, when planet X has thankfully faded some from memory...someone smart can think of a sneaky way to fix all this dooky.

Perhaps it's not REALLY Mags after all, but some delusional imposter with the ability to not only change shape, but the ability to do perfect mimicry, down to the dna level. Mags pitting himself against his double, in a body addicted to Kick and posessing a criminally insane mind would be classic....that is, if anyone out there were capable of writing it....I agree that I go for the old school, simple answer...but over complicating this mess any further at this point would, in my mind, only make things worse.

I have to go feed my hungry horsies :) I'll come pontificate later.

Sorry for all of my sputtering and ranting :oops
Panz

Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

Hey...anyone who eschews GM for the Jim Jones that he is is OK in my book...You show terrific taste, kiddo!
Horsies? Oh, lucky you...I had a horsie when I was young and want one again...but am beginning to believe I am getting too old...sigh...and too poor...sigh...

rant on, my dear...If Grant Morrison's mindslaves can extol their little tin god to the sky, those of us with a little common sense can say "The emperor has no clothes...he's nekkid as a jaybird, kiddies!!!" He ain't mesmerizing me, either. there is nothing remotely redeeming about his run...and especially about his Planet X run at Marvel.

Why do you suppose Marvel printed New X Men 151 en toto in Wizard??? It makes absolutely no sense to me at all. I would love to think they are dumping the arc and have to contractually print it so they are giving Wizard an exclusive..which would logically mean that the next three issues will have the rest of the story...and that it will never make it into any kind of alternate timeline canon...but I am not that lucky...sigh...
Does it make any senste at all to you? A couple of teaser pages to try to lure disgusted fans back who dropped the book after the debacle of 147 and 148...yeah...but the WHOLE book???!! Makes absolutely no sense at all. Especially since the story is so dreadful. Cassandra Nova as a good guy??? C'mon!!! Get outta here! When Hell freezes over!!!

Speaking of hell freezing over, we had icky white stuff here this morning...PTUI!
I wanna go SOUTH!!!...another month...another month...then we will be homeless in South Clarolina...LOL...We still don't have a house to go to...but I am still searching...sigh...

So any theories we can find on what the bloddy hell marvel is doing here would be welcome.
Bamfette? Any insights here? Anybody else? I must admit that Marvel has never acted so irrationally in all the years I have been aware of it's existance. Really! It used to protect it's merchandisable properties...but this latest debacle seems to show that there is no one at the helm! No one with a lick of sense, anyway... Avi Arad, out there on the West Coast must be livid! He is making wonderful movies that should be garnering a whole new bevy of readers...and what are they picking up in the stores? Drek.... and worse than drek!!! being touted as the greatest thing since little green apples! PTUI !!
You wanna hear rants? don't get me started!
LOL
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

In the X Men...
Nothing's ever what it seems...
In the x Men...
Real life posing now as dreams...
In the X Men..
Or the other way, it seems...
In the x Men...
In the X Men...

In the x Men...
Now, Magneto's still our man!
In the x Men...
Nothing will deter this fan!
In the X Men
We will bust ol' Grantie's plan...
In the X Men
In the X Men...

I'm on a roll again...
LOL
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Originally posted by Paty
:mags:Speaking of hell freezing over, we had icky white stuff here this morning...PTUI!
Tell me about it...........

I'm home in Massachusetts after months in Savannah, GA at school. It's quite the contrast from the 70 degree weather down there to the frozen north.......................
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Originally posted by Nightcrawler ZERO
Originally posted by Paty
:mags:Speaking of hell freezing over, we had icky white stuff here this morning...PTUI!
Tell me about it...........

I'm home in Massachusetts after months in Savannah, GA at school. It's quite the contrast from the 70 degree weather down there to the frozen north.......................
OK- just checked the Spoilers on the last issue...... apparently [spoiler] magneto is now completely schitzo. He has two, entirely polarized personalities. Magneto is the hateful, angry, evil side, while Xorn is his compassionate, idealistic, good side. Well, at least It's now been stated that Magneto has officially gone insane, and this isn't suppossed to be his natural personality..........[/spoiler]
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Originally posted by Nightcrawler ZERO

OK- just checked the Spoilers on the last issue...... apparently [spoiler] magneto is now completely schitzo. He has two, entirely polarized personalities. Magneto is the hateful, angry, evil side, while Xorn is his compassionate, idealistic, good side. Well, at least It's now been stated that Magneto has officially gone insane, and this isn't suppossed to be his natural personality..........[/spoiler]
Seriously? That's their take on it? This doesn't 100% fit with the stuff they've said about him so far, [spoiler] especially since I've been hearing that Mags was planning this for a long time. Is the "evil" Magneto the "dominant" persona, and Xorn is unaware of him? Perhaps Xorn is being "used"? (I'm specifically thinking about the "faked past" of Xorn. If Xorn is the good side, he surely wouldn't have thought it up....) Or are the two sides utterly unaware of each other?

Also, what has caused this disassociative disorder? Not that he hasn't been through a lot, but it's the first time his personality has actually fractured. What is the "turning point" for it? What finally succeeded in pushing him over the edge? And is this anything that Xavier can, will, or is expected to do anything about?

This might be the way the writers are trying to "clean up" Morrison's mess....[/spoiler]
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Panz »

If somebody was writing me like that I'd go postal too :P

I live in upper Northern Idaho, and it's been really dreary here. Endless rolling hills of snow *blech*
Panz

Tyros
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Tyros »

Originally posted by Maelstrom
[spoiler] Also, what has caused this disassociative disorder? Not that he hasn't been through a lot, but it's the first time his personality has actually fractured. What is the "turning point" for it? What finally succeeded in pushing him over the edge? [/spoiler]
Maybe sentinal attack/mass murder at Genosha (possible holocaust repressed emotions/trama would be interesting)?
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

Hey i know what it all is!! Charles Xavier, because of his "student days" back in the sixties (even though the series started back then :p) once tried experimenting with drugs! He shoulda just said no but he said 'yes i'll give it a go!'

So Chuck is having a really long bad acid flashback, which augmented with his telepathy is making everyone act nuts! Its all the Professors fault! From Kurt going into the priesthood, to the stupid leather things everyone is wearing to Emma's super skank outfits (she didn't always dress like that in GenX! think of the uncontrollable mutant teen hormones!!) to Magneto's poor characterisation (hey he was supposed to have linked everyone on the planet to defeat the Znoxx or something, right? - Znoxx, hm, am i the only one who thinks thats the sound you make when clearing out your sinuses? no? oh well)

So there you have it, due to Chucks trippin' slightly dirty mind the Marvel U is going down the tubes!!
Just say no people! Right! Right?

... right?

O.o

*points* look Paty its Magneto and he's been dipped in chocolate!
*runs off screaming in the opposite direction*

(you guys wanna talk about weather? thunderstorms and tropical heat in the desert is what i'm getting - ah Australia - well that was yesterday, its just hot and sunny now....:) anyone jealous yet :D)
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

Paty sits here freezin her butt off...and wishing she were in Australia...since it is summer there now...sigh... Let's see... a Summer home in South Carolina and a winter home in Australia...yowza...sounds good to me.

I do not care for chocolate that much... one candy bar will last me for months...Dave is the chocoholic...I will take my Mags straight up, please.heheheheheeee...

I like it...Chuckie responsible for it all...heheheeee
Yeah...he shoulda just said "no"
Absolutely! Re any kind of mind altering substance I am strictly zero tolerance...to the dismay of many of my friends...but I just cannot help it...zero tolerance! Your mind cannot work if it is drugged..I think that may be at least part of GM's problem...he showed such promise as a young writer. then he started believing his own hype, got weird and lost the ability to write coherently in anything but sound bytes. Such a waste...

Yeah...Chuckie on an acid downer...I like it. won't happen, of course...if they try to fix it at all, they will probably make a royal mess of it. Chris could fix it...he is good at fixing things...but they probably won't let him...and that mystifies me completely.

I will never understand why they let a total nonentity like Hardass fire Claremont off the books he built up and which were holding the Marvel Universe up! The biggest tactical blunder since New Coke!!! The second biggest blunder is not welcoming him back with open arms and virtual carte blanche if he could fix the damn mess that Hardass had created. Which, I, for one, am perfectly sure he could...given his head and a little mature, intelligent editorial cooperation. Aye, there's the rub...Marvel has NO real editors!

Never mind.......
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Panz »

Chris has more imagination than is good for a body LOL, it probably got him into all sorts of trouble as a lad...most other writers can't even begin to keep up. I think I like the guy because he opened my eyes to something as wonderful as sequential story telling and made me want to tell stories too. Before '75 (GOD! that was a loooooooong time ago!) comics were seldom entertaining enough to keep me for long. The X-Men under Chris came across as real people, they loved, cried, got hurt, were depressed angry and most of all you cared what happened to them (remember when Kitty stowed away and then phased through Magneto? Remember how horrified Mags was when he thought he'd killed a child?) I actually met Harass once after he had kicked Chris off the title and out of Marvel...I'm still glad that I had my large, sturdy friend Bedri to drag me away at that point...I was vilely furious...what kind of moron would sit on a limb and saw it off at the tree????????? Things could well have become ugly. I too, wish they would losen up on Chris with the heavy handed "editing" and do what an editor is there to do...guide and question, and clean up the rough edges but not hack and destroy.

Some where along the line, I saw a quote that he supposedly made that "Fans didn't love him, they wanted his job"
I do NOT want his job, I want me own...I want him to plunk his rear down and keep writing my monthly X-Man fix....with all this toss up at Marvel and people playing musical titles, I hope that he has the chance and inclination to spin some magic out of this mess. I want Magneto back...the REAL one, thank you.

I really don't like where Chuck is going with Nightcrawler either, and want him back as Claremont wrote him, but if he drags up this priest hooey again, he'll be hearing from me. I like Chris, but he isn't allowed to malign my Nightcrawler.

By the by, according to a person that has just read the latest X-Treme, Chris has brought "Kick", the performance drug that Mags' is addicted to in to this last issue. I don't know if it means anything other then him doing his damndest to pick up all the messy ragged ends and patch some of the Jupiter sized holes...but there it is. And he DOES have an arc coming up later this spring call "16 million" about, I think, the ramefications of the destruction of Genosha...he hasn't said much about it, but hopefully, Magneto will at least be considered, unless he is re-dead again :(

I have always likes the relationship that Mags had with Rogue and wanted it to go someplace...she is much too good for Remy (I know, blasphemy) I know that Chris likes Remy, but Rogue deserves better. I liked the relationship between Kitty and Mags too, and even wrote a kind of tragic fan fic about it a few years back.
Mags is far too valuable a character to suffer this fate. Even if Grant "kills" him, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.
Panz

Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

Uncross fingers...write to Marvel...it couldn't hoit!
LOL
There is a rumor skimming along the grapevine that Chris and Alan Davis are gonna pair up on Uncanny! This would be great...and you can bet that Alan Davis has a few choice things to do with the Magster, too...He always liked the Claremont Magneto...so hopefully, they will fix the mess... I think my scenerio would work just FINE...heh heh...
hint..hint...nudge, nudge... wink, wink...knowhatImean?...knowwhatI mean?
Heheheheheheeee...

Yeah... I agree... Remy isn't good enough for Rogue! He's a womanizer, a rather smarmy type who is out for himself...and Rogue deserves someone much better...like MAGS!!! That relationship was sooooo subtle...sooo tricky and fragile...and sooo beautiful for all of that. It could still work! But first we gotta get the REAL Mags back and get Rogue's power back , too...cuz that is the big thing there... Mags is the only one who can touch her when her power is working. Well... theoretically Lorna could, too, if she had Mag's finesse and control of her automatic and autonomic responses.
I just want good writing back again.
I do like Chuck's writing... he is a talented story crafter. I may not like everything he has done, or wants to do with the characters...like I do NOT believe for a second that Lorna is Mag's daughter...but he ties up his story lines well... and makes a good case logically for what he does...and this is good storytelling. I love what he did with Juggie...just like I loved what Chris did with Mags. "Villains" should have reasons for what they do...no one believes they are villainous...they always have reaasons for what they do. Some of those reasons can be very convoluted...but rational. Some can be simple and irrational...but we NEED the reasons they act like they do...or they are only paper cutter dolls being moved around on a page. We want real characters...REAL people we can relate to... either positively or negatively..but relate to in any case.
I have never liked Lorna... never...don't know why..but I just have never liked her. Of course, I never liked Chuckie Cheeze, either... he was creepy to me...still is. He has hidden agendas we know nothing about...and he is a scarey character...at least in my book...
I though Juggy was just a dumb character until Chuck gave him a more detailed backstory. I could not see him in relation to Xavier...it just didn't work for me at all. Chuck has made it work, very nicely...and even if the characters donn't really like each other, the byplay between them is more enjoyable because we are privvy to their secrets...their silent connections and interactions. Good storytelling.

Dave wanted Nighty's father , originally , to be Nightmare...a demon of sorts...or a mutant on the dark side... so Azazel isn't so far removed from that...and the latest book with the explanation of Nighty bamfing through his smelly domain and bringing a puff of brimstone with him is a nice touch...it explains why the stink when he teleports, nicely. Where he will be going with it we will have to see...but I do hope that Nighty will leave off this religious nonsense and return to Errol Flynn swashbuckling as soon as possible.
Everyone thinks about religion once in a while...but only NUNS make a habit of it!!!

OK...OK... that was bad... It is late and I am tired...sigh
Later, Y'all...
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020