2/08 Instance: Dealing with Children

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: The day after the game on the 7th.

Cessily: Breakfast always had been one of Cessily's favourite times of the day. Possibly right after cozy evenings or nights out. Especially when there weren't any classes she had to run to later. Hence she enjoyed her cup of hot coffee and some cereals, while leaving through the newest issue of National Geographic. The radio played the in the background.

Benjamin: Ben came in and saw Cess. "Hey Cess!" He looked to her with a smile and waved. "We're going through those pictures still, thank you again. We're probably going to have to re-record almost every track though soon... long story short my album is going to be pushed back." He frowned and sat next to her.

Benjamin: "Think you'll be able to uh... take pictures of the baby? When time comes?"

Cessily: "Morning, Ben." Cessily looked up and gave him a friendly wave. "Hey, you're welcome. After all, I got paid for them, so I only did my job, right?" She frowned for a moment. "Oh, yeah? I'm sorry to hear that. But sure! I'd love to take pictures of the baby." Showing him a grin, she pointed at the coffee machine. "If you want some, I just made it fresh."

Benjamin: "Nah, coffee is not my thing. I'm trying to stray from stuff people get addicted to before this baby comes. I don't want to find methods for relieve stress other than flexing my muscles with Yoga." He shrugged. "To be honest, I'm sorta scared of what's coming. You know being a dad?"

rachel: Rachel hated mornings. She hated working the morning shift. She hated breakfast but found herself in the kitchen anyway because she needed her caffeine fix in order to function throughout the day in a somewhat decent mood. And... there was another thing she hated... running into people she didn't want to deal with... "Hey, Cess," she mumbled, going straight for a mug.

Cessily: "Morning, Rae!" Cessily smiled sweetly at her friend, in spite of the visible morning grumpiness. She turned back to Ben. "Oh, really? Well, I can get that. Though, I always thought caffeine addiction to be pretty harmless." She had to chuckle at his question. "I'm afraid I don't even know what it means to be a mom, much less a dad. Though, I did get some insight from watching after Johnny."

Benjamin: He noticed Rachel didn't say hi and made sure he didn't try and remedy that by saying it himself. "Yeah, well... being a dad is going to be way scarier than anything I think. I'm questioning if i can do it, which is why I'm going as crazy as saying no to everything, even coffee." He shrugged. "If I ruin this, I've lost something more than a good relationship, I'll have lost my family."

rachel: "A bit late for that," Rachel muttered as she poured herself a cup, not particuarly caring whether Ben heard her or not.

Benjamin: Ben turned to her and sneered. Looking back to Cessily with a roll of his eyes he cracked his knuckles. "However, I actually am doing a good job so far. I think I'm going to be a good dad, especially when i get to hold him. Her. Him?"

Cessily: "Always remember, Ben: Fear is the mind killer, and there's nothing to fear but fear itself... and I'm sure there are plenty more nerdy movie quotes that would be fitting." Cessily chuckled softly, but her smile became a little unsteady when she noticed Rachel being extra grumpy that morning. "See? That's the right spirit. You gotta keep that positive attitude. Children can feel safe when their parents do."

rachel: "It," She moved to the fridge, grabbing the milk and then went for the sugar. A good job was also debatable since he'd only known for a few days, but she wasn't about to point that out. Small comments worked well enough this early.

Ben: Ben glared towards Rachel. "You can stop now thank you... We came to an agreement, you're not involved, so your opinions are supremely uncalled for." He sighed and looked to Cess. "I'm trying to keep that attitude, it's not easy."

Cessily: Cessily nodded silently. She was more interested in whatever was going on between Rachel and Ben. She kept looking back and forth between the two, while she munched on another spoonful of cereal. "Uhm, is everything alright, guys?" She asked a minute later.

rachel: "I can stop. Doesn't mean I will," Rachel rolled her eyes at Ben and took a sip from her cup, pulling herself onto the counter, "Oh, yeah. Everything's just peachy."

Ben: "She's just selfish and childish. She won't be the baby anymore." Ben said irritably.

Cessily: Cessily blinked at their reactions. The kitchen really seemed to have transformed into a tiger's den lately. First Neena, and now those two. Or it attracted the angry people. Or maybe the angry people were following her around. In any case, the peaceful breakfast was in danger. "Okay, I see that not everything is alright. Do you... want to tell me what's the matter?"

rachel: "Ben's just pissy because I actually said no to helping him for once, which apparently makes me selfish."

Ben: "Or maybe the reason she said no is because she's too busy putting herself first because of her irrational fear of children. Apparently she thinks not only is it a mistake but a bane in our plane of existence."

Ben: "That and she's been acting like a stuck up bitch who's too good for anyone lately." He wasn't even speaking to Cess anymore, but in fact looking right at Rachel.

Cessily: "Buwhu?" Cessily had put on a clueless expression, trying to decide whom to look at first. "So, wait a second there. You asked Rachel to help with... what? The baby? And Rachel said she wouldn't help... because... why? Children are icky?"

rachel: "Or maybe I said no, not only because I can't or know how to deal with children, but it's not my job to clean up the mess you made. I actually have a life and problems of my own," Rachel gave him a withering look. "Also, glad you've finally realized what a bitch I can be. Congrats."

Ben: "I asked her if she would support us. I was looking at tour dates and wondering if she could help Neena out... 'cuz she was going to be auntie Rachel and all. Hell she was going to be the God Mother! But noooo, she's so pissed that she isn't going to be the one we run to when she cries now, she decided to call our unborn child names."

Ben: "Stuff like it, telling us it'll be fucked up and dumb."

rachel: "Oh, please. If you think you're the one I cry to..." Rachel rolled her eyes again and shook her head, taking another gulp of her drink.

Cessily: Cessily carefully put the spoon back into the cereal bowl before looking back up. "Okay, so... maybe, calm down first? Everyone, please?" She sucked on her lower lip and raised her eyebrows. "Because I don't think this is helping anybody." Especially not her lazy breakfast.

rachel: "Oh, I'm calm. It's far too early for me to yell or throw punches." Well, there was also the fact that she had to be on time to work and couldn't look like shit, or Claude would freak out.

Ben: "I originally was upset that you decided to not be my friend just because I'm having a child, but now I'm realizing this is good because now my kid won't be fucked up like you..."

rachel: Rachel finished off her coffee and poured another mug, biting down on her lip at that comment as she tried to maintain the whole calm thing. "Oh no, it'll just be fucked up like you," she ground out.

Cessily: Cessily let out a quiet sigh and put the palm of her hand across her eyes, leaning on the table. Pretending that she was still having a nice relaxed morning didn't work, either. "Come on, please? This won't help, guys. Don't throw insults at each other. You'll only make yourselves even more mad."

Ben: "It's hard to get more mad at her than I am, but knowing her she can do it." He laughed and got up and went to the fridge. Pulling out a popscicle he popped it in his mouth and went back over to his stool. "You know Cess, I'm sorry we got you dragged into this, you shouldn't have to deal with her ridiculous attitude."

rachel: "My attitude? You're the one that reacted to what I was saying. You could've just ignored me like you have for the past few days, and then I would've gotten bored." She mixed more sugar into the coffee and pulled out her phone, checking the time.

Cessily: Cessily didn't respond at all, but instead looked down into her mug of coffee and chewed on her lower lip. A minute later, she rested her head into the palm of her hand, fingers pinching the bridge of her nose.

Ben: "Cess... I'm sorry." He turned to Rachel and stuck a finger towards her face. "And you! I'm not! I'm going to be a dad, I'm trying to make an album work, my fiancee' is under a lot of financial pressure as a CEO, for the love of God, Rachel, give me a break!"

rachel: Rachel looked up from the phone, raising an eyebrow at the finger, "You're not what? Going to ignore me? Yeah, I noticed. And, it's not like you're the only one that has a busy schedule. Trust me, it's hard to find time to annoy the hell out of you in between working two jobs, classes, and training."

Ben: "I'm done training with you. And done training in general. I need to focus on more important shit than what I say to you." He opened up the screen door and turned to her, giving her the middle finger. "Happy fucking holidays, friend-o." he slammed the door and left in a very 'I quit' fashion.

Cessily: Cessily peeked out between two fingers when Ben left in anger, then carefully shifted her gaze onto Rachel. "Now that's a lovely morning, isn't it." She'd made sure to find and talk to Ben. Later. When he wasn't boiling any more.

rachel: She watched him storm out and raked a hand through her hair. Easier to push him away now than to deal with him being too busy later. "Yeah, exactly how I pictured my morning going," she chewed on her lip, "Sorry, by the way. You shouldn't have had to be in the middle of that."

Cessily: "No worries. I'm kinda used to it lately." Cessily replied with a small smile. Judging by their general mood, half of the school seemed to be pregnant these days. "Hey, same here. Well, I can still go back to that. But... you okay? If there's anything, you know, you wanna talk about... or blow off some steam. You know I'm there."

rachel: Rachel nodded and gave a small grin, hopping off the counter and setting her mug in the sink, "Yeah, I know. Blowing off steam might not be such a bad idea. Training later, right? ...If so, I make no promises about being on time."

Cessily: "Sure. I'll see you then." Cessily waved at Rae, smiling again. "Hey, you wouldn't want to miss that. If you want something to cheer you up, we could do combat training, and make the opponents look like clowns."

rachel: "Hm... Sounds like a way to get my ass kicked while I'm busy laughing, but it all comes down to what you want to do," she shrugged, "Amazingly, I just follow orders."

Cessily: "When you're in the mood to do so." Cessily replied, poking out her tongue at the other girl. "But no worries. I'll find some nice exercises to take your mind off any troubles that might be bothering you. Instead, you'll be able to channel your hatred at the training and drill sergeant Cess." As she grinned at Rachel, an idea began to form in her mind.

rachel: "Well, while you think of ways to torture me later, I'm going to suffer at the hands of Claude," she stuck her tongue out back.

Cessily: "Sounds almost kinky." Cessily said, showing a wry grin. "Think of me, how I'll sit here and enjoy my prolonged breakfast in the meantime. Consider it payback for you and Ben bickering in here like children before." She laughed.

rachel: "Well, I tend to think of someone else who is kinda shiny..." Rachel smirked, making her way to the door, "But, I can be jealous of the fact that you get to sit here while I have to go look ridiculous."

Cessily: "Have fun with that." Cessily smiled sweetly and waved her fingers at Rachel. Cessily made a mental note to talk with Ben next.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Love das flockige
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Love das flockige »

My inner neena weeps for rachel....

I wonder if this will lead to any EPIC occurances? :shifty
Support Love's business, visit Kinosei: Plushies by MG

http://plushiesbymg.wordpress.com