QUITTING TIME???? Kurt leaves the X-Men!

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

To Elfdame:
Thanks for the heads up on the SK Catholic thread. That's A LOT of info....it's going to take me a while to get thru that....but I'll definitely read it. If I have any more questions, you're at the top of my list! Thanks again!:)

Oh...and getting back to the original thread......I HOPE it's a ploy! I REALLY hope it is. It wouldn't suprise me but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

[Edited on 01/19/09 by Jeremus]
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Angelique wrote:
The Drastic Spastic wrote:
Freak wrote:I'm with sk in this, you're basically a priest for life if you're a catholic.
Unless you just go and renounce the whole entire thing, right? :whistle
Nope. Then, you'd just be a laicized priest. Still a priest.
Google says:
A priest may apply to be dispensed from the obligations of celibacy, prayer, and obedience, but will never loose [sic] the essential character of the priesthood. He loses only his legal freedom to exercise his priesthood, but remains in good standing with the Church.
Oh Catholics. I suppose I'm still considered a "lapsed Catholic" by the Church myself? Yeah, I don't care about that. :) In the context of the book, he would no longer be a priest (unless someone was dying, then it could be very convenient!)
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
FieryCajunBamf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by FieryCajunBamf »

Diablo wrote:Sorry, I didn't post here for a veeeeery long time... :Z

Thing is, after the cancellation of Nightcrawler's solo-series, everything got pretty uninteresting for the blue elf.

I only read Marvel titles with Nightcrawler in it these days. And most of the time, I find them boring because Kurt does nothing.
So, he's dead in the Ultimate universe...
So, he's leaving the classic version of the X-Men to go to comic book limboes...
Well, I guess I won't read any Marvel book, then. My money is better spent on Hellboy, Buffy, Savage Dragon and Vertigo books. Or mangas -even though Kurt Wagner still is (and I think always will be) the best male fictional character for me.

If only Marvel coul publish just ONE good Nightcrawler story, one per year.
Kurt was going in the right direction under Darick's reign... There were a lot of exciting possibilities there.
The fight against Mephisto. The soulsword. His love interests.

Now... I'm just depressed.

It seems Joe Q. really hates (or at least doesn't care about) our favorite character...

Max.

[Edited on 2-1-2009 by Diablo]
It seems like that will happen to a character when they get their own solo, but beause it doesnt sell well, it gets canceled. In the team book, they are not treated the same, I know, cuz the same thing happened to :gambit . He has been out the books alot, and when they finally bring him back, he is a love suck puppy dog at Rogue's expense, horrible writing! It might be better that :sparrow is leaving Uncanny, cuz in all honesty, Fraction cant write any better than Brubaker, and we know how Brubaker writes. I hope he gets his own series again, the question is, is Kurt;s Fanbase big enought to suppply the sales the book will need?
FieryCajunBamf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by FieryCajunBamf »

[rquote=33683914&tid=11331&author=Diablo]
Originally posted by Saint Kurt
MAX!! Ça fait longtemps qu'on ne s'est pas vue!

Comment ça va?

I totally agree about the stuff with the Soul Sword in the solo books being the coolest to happen to Nightcrawler in a few decades so it's a total bummer to see it being used as just another plot point to enhance the focus on other characters.

I belong to a site called "Pencil Jack" which is a forum where comics pros support new artists and they have "Forum Comics Jams" were they write, pencil, ink, and color their own books. Often they are X-over type things like Wolverine vs. Alien or "Spiderman meets Spider Jerusalem". (Okay they didn't have Spidey meet Spider, but wouldn't it be AWESOME if they did? They're both journalists. A Spider/Spider investigative team up would be the bomb would it not?)

Sometimes I think the only answer to the "Nightcrawler problem" is just ignore Marvel and do the Pencil Jack thing - take ownership of the character and write our own cool stories and comics about him.

-e

Hello again Saint Kurt. It's good to be back. :)

You're right, making Kurt the one we'd want him to be is part of the catharsis we need. Sometimes, I'm into role playing games, and in "my" Marvel Universe, Kurt has become the sorcerer supreme, with golden wings and, of course, his soulsword. That, and he's leader of the X-Men now, heehee.

It helps, but seeing him as an underrated character in Marvel comics, when there are so many possibilities for him just gets on my nerves... I guess I like this character too much.
Drawing a Nightcrawler story is something I sometimes consider, but I tend to follow Jack Kirby's words : "Do your own thing". So I write about the characters I created -three of my books got published in France, sales didn't really follow, but that's another story...

The problem, with Nightcrawler, is that Marvel comics owns the character. And despite all the love Darick showed for the elf, despite all his enthusiasm and decent sales on the book, Marvel editors don't care about Kurt enough.

I just hope it will change one day. I foolishly hope that a writer or an artist with a lot of influence will finally give him the strories he deserves. Because, once again, there are a lot of cool possibilities for the elf. Dave Cockrum created his awesome look. Chris Claremont made him iconic. Alan Davis and Darick Robertson gave him depth.
So, who's next ?...
Yes, okay... I'm just waiting for the messiah here... ;)

[Edited on 3-1-2009 by Diablo][/rquote]

I am interested in what u say about :) being owned by Marvel and written by someone else. Are you saying their are books about Kurt that arent Marvel Property? Also, why do people like to say Claremont made :shame iconic when he had Kurt in a coma for many years? Didnt he give :nocturne a stroke also in New Excaliber? One has to wonder about Claremont. :eek
FieryCajunBamf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by FieryCajunBamf »

Angelique wrote:Kurt can teleport to Limbo without using magic.

I dont know whether or not Amanda needed to use a spell to teleport, but it being a magical rather than a mutant ability for her, my bet's on yes, even if it's implied rather than written out.
I want to see Amanda Sefton come back! Oh I couldnt find the emoticon for her, she must be one of the few they didnt make.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

NO PIXIE!!!

There is no Pixie on the UXM#510 cover!:surprise

http://www.comicbookresources.com/image ... 10_cov.jpg

But, there is a teeny-tiny Kurt. Get out your magnifying glasses and you can spot him in the background.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Why so there is! He's smaller that Emma's breast, but he's there!
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

No kiddin'. Buzooms front and center (and front and center), even relegating all the slashery to the background.

Maybe it's like those Highlights "Hidden Pictures" : Find This Month's Fuzzy Elf!:bamf
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

FieryCajunBamf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by FieryCajunBamf »

neling4 wrote:NO PIXIE!!!

There is no Pixie on the UXM#510 cover!:surprise

http://www.comicbookresources.com/image ... 10_cov.jpg

But, there is a teeny-tiny Kurt. Get out your magnifying glasses and you can spot him in the background.
One has to wonder why Kurt would show up in the Sisterhood arc, maybe he was captured by Spiral and made one of Mojo's toys! Who knows, either way, I am a lil excited, but judging by how small he is, I am sure he wont do much. Wouldnt that be kool if Mojo made a double of Kurt, would like to see dopplehangar fight? :evil :engarde
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Okay....I'm not up to speed on the latest issues, but in the description to Uncanny #508 & #509 it says:

"...all this and a friend returns as a foe and ready for murder."

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=11629

Anybody know who that might be?
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Jeremus wrote:Okay....I'm not up to speed on the latest issues, but in the description to Uncanny #508 & #509 it says:

As long as it's not Kurt, I don't care who it is.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Maybe it's Pixie.

FieryCajunBamf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by FieryCajunBamf »

Jeremus wrote:Okay....I'm not up to speed on the latest issues, but in the description to Uncanny #508 & #509 it says:

I wonder who that is, could it be Kurt?
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

I'm scared......Kurt's the only one that's "leaving".

But it can't be Kurt. Even if he was really fed up with Pixie, he wouldn't hurt anyone...especially the X-men....(please don't let it be Kurt.....please don't let it be Kurt.....)
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Could be Psylocke.
FieryCajunBamf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by FieryCajunBamf »

love_of_bob wrote:Could be Psylocke.
As far as we know, she is supposed to be in that arc. Exiles is being canceled to begin a new one, with :polaris , :blink , and :wanda ! Yaay, Forge, Beast, and Black Panther will be in it as well, its all alternate reality characters written by Jeff Parker. The same month Kurt's quitting times comes out, so does a solo issue of :psylocke entitled Sword of Braddocks I believe. After that she is supposed to be back on Earth and join Uncanny X-men. We dont know for sure yet, it could be :tail , :psylocke , or :pixie !
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Uhm....

helloooo
:phoenix !!! I mean c'mon! Who else? She dies, she comes back as Dark Phoenix, they bop her on the head she's good until the next time :poccy rolls around and then it starts all over again.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
FieryCajunBamf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by FieryCajunBamf »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:Uhm....

helloooo
:phoenix !!! I mean c'mon! Who else? She dies, she comes back as Dark Phoenix, they bop her on the head she's good until the next time :poccy rolls around and then it starts all over again.
I like u idea, but they just brought Madelyne back, so I dont think Jean is gonna come back jus yet. There some interesting stuff gonna be happening in :cable book and X-force called the Messiah War. I will be looking for :phoenix to come back after that, somewhere around the release of the X-men origins movie.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'm going to go with Polaris then. But I still say jean. Whenever someone is coming back, it's Jean.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Fished up some more info:

The oneshot will be drawn by Jorge Molina.
It will apparently be 40 pages, out of which 32 is the new story. No info yet of what the remaining 8 pages are of - an old reprint or something else?
It's still scheduled for March 11th. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets postponed again, though, if they just assigned Molina the job.

[Edited on 19/2/09 by love_of_bob]
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Oooh. I like his art. That's cool. But yeah, that'd be a lot of drawing to do to get to the printers in time. Are you sure they just gave it to him though, or just announced it now?
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

fourpawsonthefloor wrote:Oooh. I like his art. That's cool. But yeah, that'd be a lot of drawing to do to get to the printers in time. Are you sure they just gave it to him though, or just announced it now?
No, I'm not sure at all, but it seems strange that they would just sit on the information for a long time before announcing it.
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

James Asmus talks about it here!

I don't know what to say yet.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Do you think that is Azazel having that cookout? Or is it just some miscellaneous demon?

Kurt is not half demon! I completely reject the Draco arc.

Did you notice the nice photo of Kurt, Logan, Piotr and...someone else on the wall?

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

neling4 wrote:Kurt is not half demon! I completely reject the Draco arc.
Well, Kurt is not half-demon, and I really don't think anyone who doesn't know that much about a character should be writing him.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven