X-men Forever

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

X-men Forever

Post by Nandireya »

Opps...hit quote instead of edit...we need a delete option...

[Edited on 16-2-2009 by Nandireya]
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

X-men Forever

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Yeah, he was the child of namor and sue storm. Which...was weird to say the least.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
FieryCajunBamf
Lubber
Lubber

X-men Forever

Post by FieryCajunBamf »

fourpawsonthefloor wrote:
Fair's fair: Claremont does decent work in enclosed spaces away from main canon.
Have we not discussed Nambit? Gamor? Aquabit? Whatever you want to call that weird blonde monstrosity?!
Agreed, what a horrible way to treat our Gambit. Come on, the daughter of Sue Storm and Namor, get real Claremont. Our :gambit was insulte din that reality! :mad
FieryCajunBamf
Lubber
Lubber

X-men Forever

Post by FieryCajunBamf »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:I'm excited for this. Might actually go out and buy a Marvel comic.

I'm just wondering if Claremont will swan-dive it like all the others? But I'm still looking forward to seeing that happen anyways, so regardless, w00t! Kurt on Front cover and not on said cover as background noise during epic 20-member battle!!

The only way I am buying this book if :

1. There is alot of :naughty in it!
2. :gambit is written properly and gets to be with someone else, preferably :psylocke or :storm
3. If he tells the story behind Zaladane, tells how she could be :polaris sister and possibly Magneto's daughter
4. He restores :psylocke back to her original form, the way he intended to several times already.
5. I may have already pointed out, that there is alot of :nodyes and :gambit and that they are written properly!
FieryCajunBamf
Lubber
Lubber

X-men Forever

Post by FieryCajunBamf »

fourpawsonthefloor wrote:
Bamfing_Bob wrote:I really hope so. They do resemble a more classic X-Men...

And as far as the weird Nambit guy, I'm not even sure it's him. I think it is, but maybe Claremont is trying to pull a dick move or something...
Oh yeah, this isn't Nambit. This is a different guy, and that's fine. This picture looks ok by me. The nambit was exiles and OMG was it painful.

Still, this is the first one I'm considering. I'm gonna go look it over in the shop when it comes out :shifty. I buy enough to earn a few flip throughs. LOL
Yes, it was painful for me too, as a Cajun like Remy, it hurt me to see :gambit written that way! :urg
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

X-men Forever

Post by Nandireya »

But...we don't even know for sure that it is :gambit do we? And wasn't :psylocke 's original body destroyed? Or was that after Claremont left the first time...

I'm so out of the loop now...I hardly get any books...and I barely read the ones I do get...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X-men Forever

Post by Jeremus »

Hey.... If I had a Native American name it would be 'Out of the Loop'! I'm not up to date on anything either.:D
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-men Forever

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

fourpawsonthefloor wrote:Yeah, he was the child of namor and sue storm. Which...was weird to say the least.
HAWWWW!!!!!
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

X-men Forever

Post by steyn »

I believe your shock can be summed up in two images

and

FieryCajunBamf
Lubber
Lubber

X-men Forever

Post by FieryCajunBamf »

Nandireya wrote:But...we don't even know for sure that it is :gambit do we? And wasn't :psylocke 's original body destroyed? Or was that after Claremont left the first time...

I'm so out of the loop now...I hardly get any books...and I barely read the ones I do get...
Yea, after Claremont left, I believe it was Fabian Nicieza and Mark Silvestri who did the Kwannon/Revanche storyline. Kwannon was the name of the ASian body Besty was in, and Revanche was Kwannon's soul in Besty's british body. They looked alot alike, except asian one had darker purple hair while british had lighter purple. Revanche visited the asian Besty we know as :psylocke and wanted to kill her. She ended up joining the X-men for awhile, and fought alongside Psylocke, but she died of the Legacy Virus. This happened in X-men 21-32, and that was the end of her british body. However this new alternate book CC is writing takes place after X-men 3 and before the Kwannon/Revanche storyline which happened 2 years after he left, so it would be easy for him to restore :psylocke back into her British body that Revanche had. I am hoping he does, he tried twice already, but failed thanks to the books being heavily editorially mandated. It would make her less confusing in my opinion.