Excellent view on things that give 'false happyness'.

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

There is such a view in the world right now that these things will make you happy. Five things that you think will make you happy but won't.

People strive so hard for these things. And yet...I see people that have this in the media or in person...and they aren't. I wonder where down the line people forgot about the simple things. Friends. Family. Health. Caring. Giving. Those are what brings happyness. Some of them come with their own stressors, but still.

Frankly, I don't want any of the above. Well, maybe winning the lottery would be cool (otherwise why do I buy tickets), but the things I think of when getting a lottery often are to do with things like getting friends together for a trip or donating enough money to build a new SPCA shelter. I don't want expensive cars or jewlery or things like that. Bling just isn't my thing.

Anyways, good stuff to sit and think on.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

*cough*happiness*cough*

I don't want fame, that's why I want to be behind the camera.

Money would be really nice, not because I'm greedy, but because it helps one feel reassured about their future.

Beauty? Pfft, I'm already a hunk and a half, just need to get my lazy ass to go to the gym to get rid of the half a hunk that's situated around my belly.

For genius? It would be nice not being the only one in class not knowing what the hell everyone else is talking about. I'd rather be someone smart than someone dumb. It's utterly frusterating when someone asks you a question and all you can answer is with "umm...err..." and then look over to the person next to you as if the question was intended for them.

Power? Like being president? No frikken thanks. Like telling people what to do to help me finish my projects? That's a power that's useful. But then again, that's not power, that's just asking for help.

[Edited on 20/2/2009 by steyn]
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

LOL. As my spelling attests I'm DEFINATELY not a genius. Bleh.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

fourpawsonthefloor wrote:LOL. As my spelling attests I'm DEFINATELY not a genius. Bleh.
It's definitely. :shifty

As I said in chat, being attractive is way better than being not attractive. I've been both, I know. The overall experience is just plain better. Maybe you need to have not had to it appreciate it when it comes though.

That still doesn't explain those idiot lottery winners who end up broke.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, I get what you are saying - but on the other hand I think this is chasing it. Getting plastic surgery, spending all day obcessing on it, going on crash diets till you are a stick...that's where happIness definItely is not.

I need to download that spellchecker thing again.