SOMETIMES IT PAYS TO BE ANNOYING.

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Crocodile Hunter wrote:You missunderstood your own question?
If this comment is directed at me, no. I misunderstood Freak's question. I thought he was asking me where I got my information rather than who was making the announcement.

I may be an old lady, but I still have most of my marbles, thank you very much.

[Edited on 25/1/09 by neling4]
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well, we have more good news. Perhaps someone heard my complaint, or someone happens to agree with me, but the ultra-lame title Quitting Time has been changed. Manifest Destiny- Nightcrawler One Shot is not much of an improvement, but it's at least an improvement.

Now if they will only change Pixie making him "redundant," and him "not performing" his best. (I mean, this is the same guy who took out Omega Red not very long ago.)
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

neling4 wrote: If this comment is directed at me, no. I misunderstood Freak's question. I thought she was asking me where I got my information rather than who was making the announcement.
I have boy parts. :shifty

[Edited on 26/1/09 by fourpawsonthefloor]
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Freak wrote:
neling4 wrote: If this comment is directed at me, no. I misunderstood Freak's question. I thought she was asking me where I got my information rather than who was making the announcement.
I have boy parts. :shifty
So the Amazonian cannibals didn't have a delicious snack?

[Edited on 26/1/09 by fourpawsonthefloor]
FieryCajunBamf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by FieryCajunBamf »

Entropy wrote:I'm iffy on claremont. early stuff is pretty good and his early excalibur is also.
xtreme x-men started out good but eventually went into the toilet. also they've been tending to give claremont artists that i'm not so fond of.

i'm hoping that claremont's heard something in the grapevine. Alan Davis has been doing one shots and such so maybe he'll end up with crawler, esp since Davis it has been said that Kurt's a favorite of his. Davis really evolved the character so it would be cool if he both wrote and drew.
I agree with everything u said. Claremont, I am not sure, Alan Davis, I am definitely sure! Claremont did ok with Kurt in Revolution, I liked the whole thing between :lick and :cerise thing going on. Kurt isnt that complicated to write and Claremont is in minority now. Imagine if someone who can still write well like Davis gets him, he would do Kurt wonder! :naughty
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Angelique wrote:Well, we have more good news. Perhaps someone heard my complaint, or someone happens to agree with me, but the ultra-lame title Quitting Time has been changed. Manifest Destiny- Nightcrawler One Shot is not much of an improvement, but it's at least an improvement.
Isn't Manifest Destiny is a completely different thing?
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
FieryCajunBamf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by FieryCajunBamf »

The Drastic Spastic wrote:
Angelique wrote:Well, we have more good news. Perhaps someone heard my complaint, or someone happens to agree with me, but the ultra-lame title Quitting Time has been changed. Manifest Destiny- Nightcrawler One Shot is not much of an improvement, but it's at least an improvement.
Isn't Manifest Destiny is a completely different thing?

Not necessarliy, I have the issue, and Kurt states that he has to prove himself in the danger room because Pixie has proven to be a stronger teleporter than he is, and that his services are no longer needed, so I think it might be a prelude to quitting times. :)
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Because as we all know...teleporting is all Kurt brings to the team :rolleyes
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Nandireya wrote:Because as we all know...teleporting is all Kurt brings to the team :rolleyes
No kidding, that does seem to be the prevalent attitude amongst the Marvels On High. I only discovered Nightcrawler about a year and a half ago, but he is totally one of my faves (well, right behind Spidey who'll always be my #1). So MUCH to the character! Yes, in early days he remarked he was "no more than a glorified acrobat" (not exact quote, but close), but his potential is there.

Maybe we need "Brand New Crawler Day" series. (Wait'll Ty reads this post, heh heh ... ) A fresh look at the golden-eyed boy. A character with wit, masculinity, cunning, bravery, compassion, and a prehensile tail. TAKE THAT, all you one-dimensional X-men!

(end of rant)
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Elfdame wrote:
Nandireya wrote:Because as we all know...teleporting is all Kurt brings to the team :rolleyes
No kidding, that does seem to be the prevalent attitude amongst the Marvels On High. I only discovered Nightcrawler about a year and a half ago, but he is totally one of my faves (well, right behind Spidey who'll always be my #1). So MUCH to the character! Yes, in early days he remarked he was "no more than a glorified acrobat" (not exact quote, but close), but his potential is there.

Maybe we need "Brand New Crawler Day" series. (Wait'll Ty reads this post, heh heh ... ) A fresh look at the golden-eyed boy. A character with wit, masculinity, cunning, bravery, compassion, and a prehensile tail. TAKE THAT, all you one-dimensional X-men!

(end of rant)
:clap
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Brand New "Crawler Day, yes, but only if he gets to deck Mephisto again.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

:shakeno

If it doesn't involve changing 30 years of history I'm all for it.
I think the best thing to happen to Kurt would be if Scott could not fulfill his leadership position anymore (due to anything from deep depression, a search for jean, illness, or hopefully death) and Kurt takes the role as leader. (Dismissing Storm and telling her she is better off finding out if she's the new black panther or not in Wakanda).
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Great idea ... except I totally LOVE Storm. Maybe she could, like, get preggers or something and not be able to do all the heavy lifting/ getting shot at by plasma cannons/ transmogrified into odd shapes etc which are the common dangers for X-men. Not to be anti-feminist or anything, just an idea. I know if I were an X-person, I'd have to chill a bit if I were guarding the future generation in my baby basket.

So Kurt could have a year and a half of running the X-men and when Storm's kid was off the breast, he could like open a satellite branch ("X-man drive-thru: open til 2 AM!!! Now serving Starbux along with saving the world!!") with Kitty and Piotr somewhere.

Okay, we've done the hard work ... somebody go call Marvel and tell 'em the news.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

I know if I were an X-person, I'd have to chill a bit if I were guarding the future generation in my baby basket.
LOL! Agreed.

I hate the whole thing that someone has to 'win'. While scott's been the leader, so many others have still gotten to shine as heavy hitters there - ie Henry...and Emma too. (don't yack on me, you may not like it but it's still true).

So, leader or not, I'd just like him to be in there and done well. Lately, with that train stuff and the escape - that was cool to see him like that. So I'm happy. Not leapfrog estatic because of the skull crystalballbible thing, but I'm not peeved off as a fan either.

But yeah, I'd like to not see him disappear either. But I don't think that's gonna happen.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Hey, even if he were mostly a foil to some of the others, that would be great. Y'know, George Burns was as funny as Gracie, just didn't get the props. And Crawler can be wonderfully cunning and witty and dashing even if he's second fiddle, or banana, or string, or whatever. But he could be constantly in the background, active and fundamental, without having to hog the spotlight. Which he can't do b/c he doesn't have knockers the size of Montana (which seems to be what gets a lot of space in the books).

fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

Oh good Lord, I just pictured someone photoshopping Nightcrawler with huge knockers.

Ok. That idea was too tempting and I just had to Google. Linked rather than pasted directly for Nipples and camel toe. Clothed...but yeah. LOL

I will now try to apply bleach to my eyes. Eep.
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Oh,why did I look???:stunned
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

fourpawsonthefloor wrote:Oh good Lord, I just pictured someone photoshopping Nightcrawler with huge knockers.

Ok. That idea was too tempting and I just had to Google. Linked rather than pasted directly for Nipples and camel toe. Clothed...but yeah. LOL

I will now try to apply bleach to my eyes. Eep.
I'm bored, so I looked at this. Ewwwwww.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Too big... too, too big.....
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Still.....maybe if he looked like that we wouldn't be having "Manifest Destiny/Quitting Time".....
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

We'd have Emma quitting the team on account of feeling redundant!

Bamfsticks
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Bamfsticks »

Angelique wrote:We'd have Emma quitting the team on account of feeling redundant!
*rimshot*

Yeah, I saw that picture on Devart and I was like 'If I look above the huge tits, female Kurt looks cute...'
[size=-1]If I were X, I'd supercharge my wheelchair so I could blast all over the place! Some big fat tires- How sweet would that be? Juggernaut comes running in all "I'm the Juggernaut, I can't be stopped--' WHAMMMM!!! I am sawwing out on his face, doing doughnuts all over his head! Then he's laying there all "Uhh" and I back up and point at him and go "Get back in that ruby, Chump! X!!!"
LIV4TheObsession
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by LIV4TheObsession »

There's something -above- the gianourmous boobs?! I failed to notice...(Damn you, DeviantArt!)
DeviantArt: http://liv4theobsession.deviantart.com/

"Your life is not back and white but it is the million shades of grey that make you who you are." ~ Unknown
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

LIV4TheObsession wrote:There's something -above- the gianourmous boobs?! I failed to notice...(Damn you, DeviantArt!)
Uh huh, right, blame it on deviant art that you couldn't take your eyes off the boobies. :P ;).
Bamfsticks
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Bamfsticks »

fourpawsonthefloor wrote:
LIV4TheObsession wrote:There's something -above- the gianourmous boobs?! I failed to notice...(Damn you, DeviantArt!)
Uh huh, right, blame it on deviant art that you couldn't take your eyes off the boobies. :P ;).
They are like beach balls with marbles glued on. It is hard NOT to look at them.
[size=-1]If I were X, I'd supercharge my wheelchair so I could blast all over the place! Some big fat tires- How sweet would that be? Juggernaut comes running in all "I'm the Juggernaut, I can't be stopped--' WHAMMMM!!! I am sawwing out on his face, doing doughnuts all over his head! Then he's laying there all "Uhh" and I back up and point at him and go "Get back in that ruby, Chump! X!!!"