Now I am really worried...

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I received a reply from my email. Here is the original message:

Mr. Claremont, Thank you for your reply to my email. Your new series sounds really interesting. I assume it negates the Draco arc?

Recently, Mr. Quesada had this to say about Nightcrawler: "...as far as Nightcrawler goes. Will he live past the one-shot where he quits?" Which naturally, has Nightcrawler fans worried. Can you tell me, does he die in that book?

Thank you.

Nancy
Here is the reply:

Dear Nancy --

As Chris notes (his words now, I'm catching a coffee) -- please bear in mind that Joe speaks of dimension 616. It's a nice dimension, as such things go but of working on Exiles has taught nothing else it's that there's a big, wide, wonderful OmiVerse out there, with room for an amazing variety of worlds and characters. And if Marvel can tell equally archival tales from the Ultimates dimension, who not from the Forever dimension? For all anyone really knows, Forever might be the core reality, where the true history of the X-Men can be found and followed, and 616 the spin-off? Think on it.

CSC

Oh geez!
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Wow ... this is too much like trigonometry .... I get lost ... so ... spin-off, here we come, eh?

*yawn* I place my hopes in the old-skule new one. So far.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I'm wondering now if that is really from Mr. C. His last email had much better spelling, and was extremely courteous.

I think someone from Comicmix has taken over his email correspondence.

Maybe there is hope, yet.

[Edited on 4/3/09 by neling4]

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

I thought, from the way it was phrased "as Chris notes" etc, that it was not Claremont spea--, er, typing.

Keep yer chin up, matey!

And ... I wasn't sure where NC was during the time Chris left, not being well-read in the annals of Marvel products, but I thought he was either in a coma or Great Britain. So he'll be in the Claremont re-boot as well as the old skule first class (or whatever), correct?

At least there will be semi-vintage Crawlage occuring. If we're lucky.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I think I am obsessing too much about this.

Now I will go obsess about my laundry. Later!

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Sounds to me like he's avoiding the question so as not to "spoil" the big Nightcrawler one-shot AND he's setting up his X-men Forever to be the REAL universe and 616 to be the alternate reality.....which in a way, might be good in that Draco never happened.....but might be bad for 616 Nightcrawler.

The more I think about it, the more I'm worried.

[Edited on 01/19/09 by Jeremus]
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Elfdame wrote:...I wasn't sure where NC was during the time Chris left...
He was in Excalibur...being a confident and highly capable leader...Claremont had no say in his development...all he had was an aside from Beast...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

What are you worried about, exactly? Of course Claremont wants to think of his spin-off as the "real" universe. That doesn't mean anyone else will, or should. And as for Kurt dying in the one-shot, read the artist's comment to "comicninja" at the bottom of this page.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I don't understand Bob...

what am I looking at there??

Is that the actual artwork from "Quitting Time"?

And wow, CC really is a cocky bastard huh? LOL! :LOL

I'm also very concerned. We've been keeping track of 616 Kurt. He's the one we love (arguably) the most and he's who we have the fan site dedicated to really, being Dave is the creator of 616 Kurt.

It seems to me like Claremont is filling his head with the idea that he can continue with his version of "fixed-canon". Meaning no Civil War, House of M, the Draco, World War Hulk, or whatever. Looks like he's making his very own private "ultimate" verse.

So us Nighty fans are supposed to suck it up and be okay with Kurt possibly dying in canon but being replaced in a cheap knock-off canon? A "Chris Claremont Canon". :shakeno. Bad Marvel. bad. :thumbdown
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I don't blame Mr. Claremont for that response. I sent my query to his address, but, as I said, the author of this email is not Mr. Claremont. I guess he isn't answering his email any more.

I'm worried, lint, because everything seems to pointing to Kurt's demise. I suppose it could just be Joe Q. having fun with us, making us think Kurt will die, only to spring a surprise at the end. Which makes me :mad They shouldn't toy with us like this.

Bamfsticks
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Bamfsticks »

Surprise: Kurt is the last Horacru-

Wait... wrong fandom.

And that reply also bothers and worries me. Which I really do not like, I ned to keep my happy optimism on!
[size=-1]If I were X, I'd supercharge my wheelchair so I could blast all over the place! Some big fat tires- How sweet would that be? Juggernaut comes running in all "I'm the Juggernaut, I can't be stopped--' WHAMMMM!!! I am sawwing out on his face, doing doughnuts all over his head! Then he's laying there all "Uhh" and I back up and point at him and go "Get back in that ruby, Chump! X!!!"
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Um...hasn't it been said that he's going to end up somewhere where he'll be kicking butt? If he dies, he's going to end up in one of two places...given that he's a Christian and all...one where there'll be no need to kick butt, the other where he, being the good guy that he is, shouldn't be going.

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

Bamfsticks
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Bamfsticks »

Nandireya wrote:Um...hasn't it been said that he's going to end up somewhere where he'll be kicking butt? If he dies, he's going to end up in one of two places...given that he's a Christian and all...one where there'll be no need to kick butt, the other where he, being the good guy that he is, shouldn't be going.
Actually, that would be kinda interesting. He gets tossed downstairs and has to fight his way back to living due to that entire thing Mephisto (or however you spell his name) mentioned with the end of the world?
[size=-1]If I were X, I'd supercharge my wheelchair so I could blast all over the place! Some big fat tires- How sweet would that be? Juggernaut comes running in all "I'm the Juggernaut, I can't be stopped--' WHAMMMM!!! I am sawwing out on his face, doing doughnuts all over his head! Then he's laying there all "Uhh" and I back up and point at him and go "Get back in that ruby, Chump! X!!!"
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

I guess it would be a way for him to get his destiny back seeing as Marvel decided to give it to Pixie...

Bamfsticks
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Bamfsticks »

Also: Pixie tries to fill the role Kurt left and realizes there is more to being in that position then a few teleports and occasional joke.

In the end she somehow gets all her extras taken away (she has to make a choice if she wants to help the x-men or leave them and she decides to be good at the cost of the soul dagger and stuff?)

Ack, I am going into my own fantasy world now.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

I've figured out what'll happen, genius that I am ...
See, Kurt gets shot and dies ...
Then he wakes up, and goes, "Unglaublich!" (of course) "You were there, Cannonball, but you looked like a man of straw, und you, Piotr, I had to oil you, und Beast, you were still quite furry but not blue, und had a tail -- but not as nice as mine -- und, Emma! How well you rode that bicycle in the middle of a cyclone!"

Simple. And obvious. Why didn't I see it sooner?

[Edited on 5/3/09 by Elfdame]

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I thought Wolverine was the Cowardly Lion.

So, Kurt need only wear his ruby slippers, say "There's no place like home.", and the nightmare will end?

That makes sense. What a relief. Thanks Elfdame.

Bamfsticks
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Bamfsticks »

Thank you, my ribs now hurt from LOL
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Y'know, I thought about making him the cowardly lion ... really!

Bamfsticks
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Bamfsticks »

I wil tear you limb to limb, bub. *snick* (PST! LOGAN! COWARDLY! BE COWARDLY)
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Well...he was a wussy, wimpy little kid, wasn't he? I never read that Origin thing that gave him the name James Howlett...or whatever it was...

fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

That and the brilliant time where he got mind-messed in Astonishing. The interactions with him and beast still make me tear up every time I read them.

If you've not read that? You MUST.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I dunno I like the idea of Hulk being the wicked witch.

Big Ole' green hulk in a pointy hat on a bicycle? :smirk

:hulk :You! Little Dog! SMAAAAASH! YOU GIVE RUBY SLIPPERS OR WICKED HULK SMASH YOUR FACE!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:I don't understand Bob...

what am I looking at there??

Is that the actual artwork from "Quitting Time"?
Yes, that's the artist's deviantart gallery and the actual art for the oneshot. And below that art is a comment section. One of the commenters has the screenname "comicninja". In his comment he reveals that he's a Nightcrawler fan. The person responding to his comment - "*Zurdom" - is the artist. Read what he says. Does that sound like Kurt is biting the dust to you?

Also, there is no reason for them to have Kurt quit the X-men just to be killed off in the same issue he does it. None at all. And even if he did, Claremont wouldn't spoil the ending - assuming he even knew it. He's promoting his own comic, not anyone else's.

And finally, does anyone seriously think that if Kurt was to be killed, they'd let the artist post the page of his demise on his webgallery way in advance of the release date?? There's nothing pointing to his demise at this point. He'll probably go into limbo for a while, though.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Aw, love_of_bob, quit being so reasonable. You'll destroy all our moaning and angst and stuff. :-) And did you mean "limbo" as is "might as well be in a coma or on a giant space bullet" or "Limbo" as in "visiting my relatives and friends"?

Okay, someone else's turn to stir the pot.