QUITTING TIME???? Kurt leaves the X-Men!

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Okay....so it doesn't look good. I was thinking that we may need to update the Wake party list. Here are a few suggestions:

The Wake party list: (in case it all goes horribly BAD)

1.) Extra tissues
2.) Extra hard liquor for Angelique's "Fuzzy Elves"
3.) Anti-depressants for Love_of_bob
4.) Restraining order for Neling to stay a max of 500 feet from J.Q. lest she rip that rug off his head and does some horrible things to it. (I'm not sure he actually has a rug, but I fear he's gonna' need one when Neling gets through with him....)
5.) Contact Ministry of Magic (US branch) to put a temporary spell of protection around Marvel (since Bamfsticks knows about horcruxes and not all Marvel writers are evil.)
6.) Remind Ult_sm86 that if you take the MIB lifesize replica of the Enterprise with real phaser power out of its original box, (and use it), it will lose most of its value.......and IF one were to do so anyway, and were then inclined to beam up certain individuals and deposit them onto a deserted planet, then that planet must be class M. (We are not barbarians.)

Oh....and Elfdame said she might bring a Breakworld Bullet......
7.) Remind Elfdame to be careful where she points that thing.....we don't want to put anyone's eye out.

And me? :crackedWhy, I'm fine, thank you (the twitching eye thing runs in the family and I assure you is completely normal.)..........okay, okay......

8.) Number to local psychiatric services for Jeremus
9.) Oh, and extra brewskies in case anyone from other forums show up to pay their respects

:D
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Judging by the reviews, it's gonna be a big *yawn* issue after all.

Back to the fanfic for me, tralala....
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Jeremus wrote: 4.) Restraining order for Neling to stay a max of 500 feet from J.Q. lest she rip that rug off his head and does some horrible things to it. (I'm not sure he actually has a rug, but I fear he's gonna' need one when Neling gets through with him....)
Are you suggesting that he needs a good scalping?

*snickt!*

I have plans for that rug.

Bamfsticks
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Bamfsticks »

Jeremus wrote: 5.) Contact Ministry of Magic (US branch) to put a temporary spell of protection around Marvel (since Bamfsticks knows about horcruxes and not all Marvel writers are evil.)
I put on my robe and wizard's hat...
Jeremus wrote: 9.) Oh, and extra brewskies in case anyone from other forums show up to pay their respects
I got that covered. *points to her mood*
[size=-1]If I were X, I'd supercharge my wheelchair so I could blast all over the place! Some big fat tires- How sweet would that be? Juggernaut comes running in all "I'm the Juggernaut, I can't be stopped--' WHAMMMM!!! I am sawwing out on his face, doing doughnuts all over his head! Then he's laying there all "Uhh" and I back up and point at him and go "Get back in that ruby, Chump! X!!!"
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by the_lone_bamf »

Disappointment aside, I wouldn't mind a field trip to this museum...
Image Image
"Every living creature is unique-- it is a part of our charm."
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

the_lone_bamf wrote:Disappointment aside, I wouldn't mind a field trip to this museum...
Hmmm ... sounds like a fanfic opportunity ... *cracks whip at Cat*
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Somebody has to bring the Mirror of Erised, because it looks like through that mirror is the only way we'll see Nightcrawler as he should be.

I would also like to see Joey Q and Nick Lowe write "I'm sorry, Dave! I'm sorry, fans!" at least seven hundred times on a chalkboard.

Actually, the Mirror of Erised would probably show me curled up with a book full of Nightcrawler awesomeness and Mr. Ange, discussing with me said Nightcrawler awesomeness.

[Edited on 11/3/2009 by Angelique]
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Oh, and I'll bring Star Wars and the Errol Flynn movies. :D
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Oh, yeah...THIS'LL get me down to the comicshop on a non Previews week :rolleyes
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Nandireya wrote:Oh, yeah...THIS'LL get me down to the comicshop on a non Previews week :rolleyes
I'm going. I have to know.

the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by the_lone_bamf »

I'm stopping off on my way to work. Can't help myself.
Image Image
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

I still say, judging from the reviews, it'll be a big *yawn*.

But of course I'll stay tuned here to see everyone's reactions ... that's really more interesting than any plot. My fanfic friend has that subscription to online Marvel, but I don't know if it has the latest ones, and she has to be somewhere with high-speed ... so any comments you post, I can pass along to her.

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I won't be able to pick up my book until some time after 4:00.

If anyone finds any spoilers before then, please post them.

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

No spoilers.....just another (small) review:

http://www.ifanboy.com/reviews/akamuu/m ... r_one_shot
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I read it already, and actually kind of liked it. There were only two things that stuck in my craw, but because I can't for some reason get the spoiler markups to work, I won't get into that, nor into the loads of other stuff that made me think the book might have been worth it.

This story did not make me weep from the sheer beauty as Joey Q would have liked me to believe it would (there are also no pirate hats), but it did make me a lot happier than most of the X-Books lately.

It will still remain to be seen if this signals a general improvement in how our favorite Fuzzy Elf is portrayed or even in the general direction of the X-Books. Iff it does, maybe I'll have an X-book on my pull list again, but until then, this isn't a bad addition to my beloved back issues and Essentials.

[Edited on 11/3/2009 by Angelique]

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Well...that sounds encouraging. Perhaps I shouldn't have burned Joe Q.'s ears with my scathing comments.

Angelique, the spoilers at Marvel work. Could you post your spoilers there, and give us a link?

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

You've given me hope. You're not in tears.....so I'm assuming (my own opinion) that he didn't pass on into the great beyond (literally). Okay....so ol' Joe gets to keep his hair a little while longer. I look forward to the spoiler!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I have a sneaking suspicion that the powers that be had something in mind quite different from the story we got, but fan reaction against "Quitting Time" forced a quick change of plans as well as title.

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Now THAT would be very nice.:)
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Angelique wrote:I have a sneaking suspicion that the powers that be had something in mind quite different from the story we got, but fan reaction against "Quitting Time" forced a quick change of plans as well as title.
Are you of that opinon because the ending looks slapped together (different artist), or because the story arc seems to get mushy and misdirected, or ... ?

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Because the title was changed, it took a long time to even announce an artist, and, well, the whole premise didn't seem to be quite what the preview said it was. This was much more like "How Nightcrawler got his Dashing, Damsel-romancing, Day-saving, Swashbuckling Groove Back" rather than "Quitting Time."

Bamfsticks
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Bamfsticks »

Over all, I liked it. I skimmed through it at first and misread somethings that made me LOL (such as on the last two pages.) then I read it in closer and some things made me frown a little but Kurt... really did start to get his groove back.

I hope he gets more of it back~

ETA So that means no angry drunken reviews from me. :(

[Edited on 11.3.2009 by Bamfsticks]
[size=-1]If I were X, I'd supercharge my wheelchair so I could blast all over the place! Some big fat tires- How sweet would that be? Juggernaut comes running in all "I'm the Juggernaut, I can't be stopped--' WHAMMMM!!! I am sawwing out on his face, doing doughnuts all over his head! Then he's laying there all "Uhh" and I back up and point at him and go "Get back in that ruby, Chump! X!!!"
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by the_lone_bamf »

Angelique wrote:This was much more like "How Nightcrawler got his Dashing, Damsel-romancing, Day-saving, Swashbuckling Groove Back" rather than "Quitting Time."
Ha! An apt description.
I dunno... I really would have happilly waited another month for a more cohesive story...this seemed really... lightweight.

However, I have to say I'm more than glad that this story didn't have anything to do with a certain storyline we all love to hate.

Not naming names, as to avoid spoiling.

Rhymes with "Buh Schmaco". ;)
Image Image
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Elfdame wrote:
Angelique wrote:I have a sneaking suspicion that the powers that be had something in mind quite different from the story we got, but fan reaction against "Quitting Time" forced a quick change of plans as well as title.
Are you of that opinon because the ending looks slapped together (different artist), or because the story arc seems to get mushy and misdirected, or ... ?
Exactly! After reading this, that's exactly what I thought.

Now I am really embarrassed that I fussed at Joe Q. for trying to validate the.......arc which shall not be named. If that is what was implied, it was so obscure that I would never have picked up the connection, if someone else hadn't suggested it first.

I really liked the girl. That was too cute, but I expected her to look more like me. After all, I do have a Nightcrawler shrine in my house.