The Draco

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
Winged Outlaw
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot
Title: Banned

The Draco

Post by Winged Outlaw »

Time to be bluntly honest. I hated the Draco very very much. It added a completely unecessary backstory Kurt's already complicated, though more or less complete origin. We got no development from Kurt whatsoever, he was quite literally a spectator throughout the entire story.

We see nothing of what he thinks about his father, or what this means to the way he sees the world, or even that he cares. This was just stuff happening to the X-Men, and in the end they're pretty much exactly the same as before. In cases of Archangel and Havok, some of the characters are even worse.

I guess what I'm asking is, did you like the Draco, Dave? Seeing as how you created the character and all, do you see this as "the definative Nightcrawler story", as it was hyped... or do you see it as I do (a waste of time and money)?
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

The Draco

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Ok as mean as it is to say ....I feel a lot of that too.
Now chuck is an exsquisite writer and I feel that he's going to go somewhere with this but with that whole Mystique issue and and the rumor of changing writers he's probably bent on time and improbability.

I agree about the spectator part. I wanted to see Kurt's reactions. I wanted to see more explanations. I wanted less there he is let's go get him, crap we missed, better try again.

Though what kept (and keeps) me interested is the Northstar/Juggernaut/Sammy back story and the Lorna/Xavier story
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

The Draco

Post by kladyelf »

i've only seen part four and so all i can comment is :
the bit about Kurt was poorly done, and (IMHO) poo, :D

the Sammy bit was interesting tho.
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

The Draco

Post by Northstars Love »

While the Draco left me sorta ho hum, I want to point out that now we know more about Nightcrawler's origin. So his daddy is a biblical mutant trapped in a dimension he can't get out of. Oh well. You either like the idea or not. Although IMO I believe the arc could have been done better, I have enjoyed the fact that I know more about Nightcrawler. And this isn't the end of the surprises in Nightcrawlers origin I'm sure.

Yes Dave. What are your thoughts?
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

The Draco

Post by Dark Bamf »

I had mixed feelings too. I agree that Kurt seemed to be a spectator. And I think that the fact that there are hordes of other Azazael-offspring running around takes away from Kurt's uniqueness. Also--this is a hell of a way to return Kurt to his old swasbuckling self; I'd tend to worry about having Azazael for a father, whether demon or biblical mutant.

And yeah, the Juggernaut/Sammy/Northstar subplot is doing a better job of keeping my attention. I'm sorry that Cain lost Sammy's friendship. However, he did manage to get She-Hulk in the sack. And who's the guy outside the window?!?

:bamf
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
bamfchickie
Lubber
Lubber

The Draco

Post by bamfchickie »

And I think that the fact that there are hordes of other Azazael-offspring running around takes away from Kurt's uniqueness. Also--this is a hell of a way to return Kurt to his old swasbuckling self; I'd tend to worry about having Azazael for a father, whether demon or biblical mutant.
Thank you so much for saying what I've been trying to say (without much success ... LOL) since the arc began. I spent a lot of time trying to articulate what you just said, but my brain was apparently too mushy. ;)
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

The Draco

Post by Nandireya »

I'm with Dave...I don't like how it reduced Kurt's uniqueness...that said...only he, Nils and Kiwi Black survived...and they don't look anything like him...

And it sounded so good on the drawing board :(
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

The Draco

Post by taekwondodo »

I suppose Kurt having brothers could be kind of interesting. Depending on if it's ever actually addressed. I'm kind of miffed at the lack of uniqueness as well to be honest, but it's water under the bridge now. I'm pretty happy that Jillian seems to have taken a hike though. Always seemed rather trite to me.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

The Draco

Post by Northstars Love »

Kurt is still unique in my eyes. He's still different compared to Abyss and Kiwi Black. I'm thinking inner uniqueness here.

[spoiler]Yes, Cain and She-Hulk in the sack was something I never expected. But I liked it tho. Showed a different side of the Juggy. As for the person outside? Juggernaut?...dunno. Its going to be an interesting read tho.[/spoiler]:D
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

The Draco

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by Dark Bamf
However, he did manage to get She-Hulk in the sack. And who's the guy outside the window?!?
LOL! Fer serious??? F'n awesome!

Okay, done commenting now.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

The Draco

Post by thylacine »

I didn't like the story either! It reminds me too much of my own family situation!
BlueDiskJockey
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

The Draco

Post by BlueDiskJockey »

i liked it, i thought it was cool. but what i didnt like is that everything just kinda ended just like that. it had a big plot coming up and then all of a sudden all these events happened to just end it all. just like that. i thought it had the potential to be a long comic that might go into the ledgenary range and be recognizeable by everyone, cause it would be so popular, but i guess not since it just ended. other than that it was good
"I am not your rolling wheels, I am the highway"
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

The Draco

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

WHoa! blue DJ IS ALIVE! wow.
JK bud.
Ok yeah I agree sort of though I wouldn't be surprised if it gets followed up more. Actually it will be.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Winged Outlaw
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

The Draco

Post by Winged Outlaw »

Ah... whenever I'm feeling down I can always come to this thread and chuckle.

Dave Cockrum doesn't like the Draco... :D :D :D

Comixfan thanks you Dave :)
TelegramSam
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

The Draco

Post by TelegramSam »

Curiousity finally got me, and I just ordered the trade paperback off of amazon last sunday night, I'll post my two cents when I get it, but after all the negative feedback I've seen here and on amazon's comments I'm not holding my breath...
I am Dyslexic of Borg. Your ass will be laminated.
Winged Outlaw
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

The Draco

Post by Winged Outlaw »

*Winces*

Why didn't you just flip through the comics on the shelf at your shop? Every place I've seen, they're still there :(
Kaileighblue
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

The Draco

Post by Kaileighblue »

Hey there's not ads in the book sets. Altough I have all the draco arc comics because I NEEDED them *spaz* Turns out I really didn't because it was kinda.. silly.

Kurt was a bit like Pippen in LOTR if you notices almost ever pic of pippen has him looking completely clueless with his mouth hangign open.. like Kurt seemed to be through most of draco.

And come on.. I know mystique is bad but.. that was just.. terrible..

blah :P
TelegramSam
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

The Draco

Post by TelegramSam »

W.O. - I did but they were missing a 3 issues. Figured if I was going to read the bloody thing, I might as well read all of it. *shrugs*
Winged Outlaw
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

The Draco

Post by Winged Outlaw »

Originally posted by TelegramSam
W.O. - I did but they were missing a 3 issues. Figured if I was going to read the bloody thing, I might as well read all of it. *shrugs*
Well, its several weeks later.. so have you recovered yet?
TelegramSam
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

The Draco

Post by TelegramSam »

I posted my opinion in the Nightcrawler forum. You can see what I think of it there. :p