X-Infernus #4 previews!

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by neling4 »

X-Infernus comes out tomorrow with uber-awesome Kurt butt........................................I mean kick butt-ness!
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Elfdame »

Get a grip, neling! (I'll not specify where.)

And I expect mega-spoilers from all you fangirlies! (Drool optional.)
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Vaiyala
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Vaiyala »

It seriously comes out tomorrow??? :nodyes Oh my gosh, I hope Planet Comics has it in stock...
What is the meaning of life, my dear?
What is the meaning of all you hold near?
Why is it that you cry at night
when there's no one around you to hear?

~~Myspace~~ :computer

~~Deviantart~~ :bunny
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

We need a frickin comic shop in my town!! I may have to open one... lol
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by neling4 »

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I got the book, and it was good except for one thing:

Kurt says,

"Hell, I'm the son of a demon."

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I knew it. I knew they were going to do that. That's why they ignored my demands for a retcon of that stinking retcon.:bite:grrr:doh!

That rug now has C.B. Cebulski's name on it!

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Angelique »

I know. That line ruined the whole book for me.

Even in the Draco Arc, Azzy himself said he was a mutant.

Nightcrawler is not the son of a demon, he knows he's not the son of a demon, his demonic-acting "dad" admitted he was a mutant, Dr. Strange and the Eye of Agamotto said Nightcrawler was neither demon nor part-demon, and some writer very obviously didn't do his homework.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Elfdame »

Or Nighty coulda been playin' head games. But do the rug mojo anyway, just in case, although after hearing Mr. Asmus' side, I think it's more editors' wishes than writers' lack of inspiration or imagination or understanding.

But then, I haven't read 'em all, so ... I leave it in the capable hands of those who have stacks of X-zines decorating their abodes.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by neling4 »

First of all, Azazel is not Kurt's dad! That was a retcon of a perfectly good origin which had already existed for thirty years! Kurt's real dad is Erik Wagner.

The only good thing about this book, other than the art, is that Pixie got left behind in Limbo. Heh heh heh!:evil

However, I do not understand something. How that can be Illyana? Didn't we see her die of the Legacy Virus? Didn't Piotr die of the Legacy Virus? Didn't Kitty sprinkle his ashes somewhere? How could either of them still be alive? Are they clones?

Vaiyala
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Vaiyala »

neling4 wrote:First of all, Azazel is not Kurt's dad! That was a retcon of a perfectly good origin which had already existed for thirty years! Kurt's real dad is Erik Wagner.

The only good thing about this book, other than the art, is that Pixie got left behind in Limbo. Heh heh heh!:evil

However, I do not understand something. How that can be Illyana? Didn't we see her die of the Legacy Virus? Didn't Piotr die of the Legacy Virus? Didn't Kitty sprinkle his ashes somewhere? How could either of them still be alive? Are they clones?
I'm guessing you don't like Pixie much. :LOL
What is the meaning of life, my dear?
What is the meaning of all you hold near?
Why is it that you cry at night
when there's no one around you to hear?

~~Myspace~~ :computer

~~Deviantart~~ :bunny
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Elfdame »

neling4 wrote: Didn't Piotr die of the Legacy Virus? Didn't Kitty sprinkle his ashes somewhere? How could either of them still be alive? Are they clones?
I don't keep up much, but in Astonishing ("gifted" issues 4-5), Piotr is back, having been not actually dead (surprise, surprise). As for Kitty, I heard rumours that she quit biting the bullet, but don't know how or when.

Or maybe, like the shooting of JR, this is all only a dream ...

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Jeremus »

neling4 wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I got the book, and it was good except for one thing:

Kurt says,

"Hell, I'm the son of a demon."

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I knew it. I knew they were going to do that. That's why they ignored my demands for a retcon of that stinking retcon.:bite:grrr:doh!

That rug now has C.B. Cebulski's name on it!
OH, NO HE DI'N'T!!!!!!:yell

This is Mr. Cebulski: :evil

(Okay....burning a rug in effigy for a day was quite satisfying, but I've calmed down a little so I edited. I'm still REAL mad at him though:mad)

We've got to do something about this "demon" thing that the writers seem to be fixated on! What's wrong with these people? Logan and Storm and Kitty and everyone else has fought demons in the past and they're not making them half-demon. It's ONLY because of how Nightcrawler looks.....and that's.....bigotry!

[Edited on 01/19/09 by Jeremus]

Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Freak »

People, people, people...I want you to think about something before you continue with the fan rabbies: Having Nightcrawler being pointed out es the son of a demon, with more influence of the magical side of the Marvel universe recently, I'd say we're heading towards the next big event: Demon War :cracked

So hey, maybe it's good, he might get more spotlight and it's not like he's suddenly started devouring babies. :shifty
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Jeremus »

I don't mind the Demon Wars story arc.....I'm actually looking forward to it (if it ever gets off the ground), but X-men is about mutants. I know it's got demons and magic and aliens and all.....but they're not making Kurt into an alien. The whole idea that made me like X-men in the first place was the philosophy that humans were different and you shouldn't judge people by what they look like. Hank looks like a beast.....he's NOT a beast. Kurt looks like a demon.....he's NOT a demon....any more than Mr. Spock is a demon. Demonizing mutants is what the bigots in the comics do.
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by the_lone_bamf »

Okay... I'm not given to excessive profanity... but "buckling some swashes" had me going "F$@% YEAH!" out loud.
I'm picking this up... can't help myself...
Image Image
"Every living creature is unique-- it is a part of our charm."
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by steyn »

You can also see it as he IS a demon, but chooses NOT to act like a demon, like Beast LOOKS like a beast, but he does not act like it.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by neling4 »

the_lone_bamf wrote:Okay... I'm not given to excessive profanity... but "buckling some swashes" had me going "F$@% YEAH!" out loud.
I'm picking this up... can't help myself...
Don't bother. Just download the previews, which is just about the only good part, and save yourself some money. Don't support Marvel's iniquity.

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Angelique »

steyn wrote:You can also see it as he IS a demon, but chooses NOT to act like a demon, like Beast LOOKS like a beast, but he does not act like it.
We have Hellboy for that. I want Nightcrawler to be Nightcrawler, a human being who happens to be a mutant, not a blue Hellboy.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Jeremus »

steyn wrote:You can also see it as he IS a demon, but chooses NOT to act like a demon, like Beast LOOKS like a beast, but he does not act like it.
If Kurt is a demon, he's not a mutant. A mutant is a human with the X-gene, A demon is a demon. And why aren't they demonizing Hank? He's blue and has sharp claws and teeth. The only reason they're doing this to Kurt is that he looks like what we think demons look like. No other reason.
And he's not Angel (Buffy the Vampire Slayer's boyfriend, not Warren). If Marvel wants a "demon with the soul fighting evil" character, then they need to create one and leave Kurt alone!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by steyn »

Well, you can also have a demon shagging a mutant and have a demon baby
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by neling4 »

There is also the fact that being half demon makes him no longer half German, which makes those of us with German ancestry at a loss for someone with whom to identify. I refuse to identify with the Red Skull or Fenris, and I cannot identify with a demon. I do not have demons in my family tree, no matter what my mother-in-law says. :mad

The whole point, or at least one of the shining differences between the first team and the Second Genesis team, was that it was international. I identified with Kurt, not being Austrian or Russian or African or Apache (Not that Marvel has the least idea how to portray ndns of any Nation!) or Japanese or a Canadian wolverine or "whiter-than-sour-cream" American of the U.S.A.

Now I have nothing. :(

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Jeremus »

steyn wrote:Well, you can also have a demon shagging a mutant and have a demon baby
Yes, but even if you believe the Draco arc.....Azazel isn't a demon. He's a mutant. No demon blood in Kurt. Also, Dr. Strange already solved the debate before there really was one when he looked at Kurt... (thinking he was a demon hybrid)... through the Eye of Agamotto and declared that he was completely human. (No demon shagging having occured.) That's 616 canon.

Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Freak »

neling4 wrote:There is also the fact that being half demon makes him no longer half German, which makes those of us with German ancestry at a loss for someone with whom to identify. I refuse to identify with the Red Skull or Fenris, and I cannot identify with a demon. I do not have demons in my family tree, no matter what my mother-in-law says. :mad

The whole point, or at least one of the shining differences between the first team and the Second Genesis team, was that it was international. I identified with Kurt, not being Austrian or Russian or African or Apache (Not that Marvel has the least idea how to portray ndns of any Nation!) or Japanese or a Canadian wolverine or "whiter-than-sour-cream" American of the U.S.A.

Now I have nothing. :(
You can identify with Zemo :shifty
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by neling4 »

Freak wrote:
You can identify with Zemo :shifty
Zemo is a villain with questionable dress sense. I refuse to identify with him.

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Jeremus wrote:
If Kurt is a demon, he's not a mutant. A mutant is a human with the X-gene, A demon is a demon. And why aren't they demonizing Hank? He's blue and has sharp claws and teeth.
They're animalizing Hank, which a lot of fans have a problem with. Remember the issue when he fell in love with a mutant housecat? Ouchies.

I find that the demon issue... I just don't care. Half-demon, whatever. Maybe it'll give him the edge he has been desperately lacking. Except in Ultimate, where "mental illness" was the edge. Mmm pointy.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Angelique »

That's just the thing. The only edge Nightcrawler needs is his wit. And maybe a good cutlass.

If I want more of an edge, I'd read one of the Wolverine titles that's glutting the market. If I wanted to read about demons gone good, I'd read Hellboy.

But I don't.