X-Infernus #4 previews!

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Elfdame »

G irls and Others Opposing Demonic Explanations for Lineage of Fuzzy = GOODELF

And, no, I don't have too much time on my hands; I needed a break from hausfrau activities.:D
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Angelique »

What he said was indeed mega-wrong, but I chalk that up to an all-too-common failure among some writers and editors to do their homework. It isn't all that hard to look up or even ask what, say, the Catholic Church teaches about the human soul. Or even to read some of your own company's back issues (some of them not very old at all) to find out that according to the character's own documented history, he does have a human soul and is well aware of that.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by neling4 »

Marvel just doesn't understand Kurt like we do. :)

Thank you for the acronyms. They are both better than mine: Darned Old Onery Demons = D.O.O.D. See? It doesn't even make sense.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by the_lone_bamf »

I was telling my boyfriend about this comic- to be honest, I enjoyed it, but I COULD NOT stop laughing at the very end.
While convincing Illyana to stay, Scott says something to the effect of "We don't leave our own behind." just *pages* after Pixie is left behind in Limbo... and all I could think was "Well, unless they fly off, and it's been a long day, and we're tired, and there's something good on tv..."

I mean, I know Pixie flew away of her own accord but... I dunno, they could have given Scott something else to say. :)
Image Image
"Every living creature is unique-- it is a part of our charm."
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by neling4 »

Good point. Also, Cyclops is currently planning to leave both Colossus and Kurt behind in Wolverine Origins #34: Colossus is swiftly sinking into quicksand while Kurt bleeds to death from a Daken claw to the stomach. So, no...they don't leave their own behind.

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Angelique »

the_lone_bamf wrote:I was telling my boyfriend about this comic- to be honest, I enjoyed it, but I COULD NOT stop laughing at the very end.
While convincing Illyana to stay, Scott says something to the effect of "We don't leave our own behind." just *pages* after Pixie is left behind in Limbo... and all I could think was "Well, unless they fly off, and it's been a long day, and we're tired, and there's something good on tv..."

I mean, I know Pixie flew away of her own accord but... I dunno, they could have given Scott something else to say. :)
I thought it was funny, too. I felt like adding to "We don't leave our own behind" something like this.

Armor: Where's Pixie?

Mercury: Flying around Limbo in a Pixie-snit. She didn't stick around for Wagner's pep talk.

Ilyana: Not that whatever he said about souls made any sense, but it worked for me. I mean, I'm a hot blond girl in a comic book. My armor and sword make me a strong female character, not my personality. These things aren't supposed to make sense to me.

Emma: I beg to differ.

Ilyanna: You're not a natural blonde or a natural... never mind.

Cyclops: Well it looks like I'll need someone else to do the job of saving face for me. Kurt, can you go back and tell Pixie whatever nonsense you told Ilyana? We need her superior teleportation ability and for her to come back and get nearly killed by Grotesk, because you haven't been at your best lately.

Nightcrawler: Ja wohl!

Nightcrawler: (thought) What's this about me not functioning my best? Have they no idea? I feel a little unappreciated here!
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by neling4 »

Hey! That's right! She was nearly killed by Grotesk, so she must have come back.

Darn!

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Angelique wrote:Or even to read some of your own company's back issues (some of them not very old at all) to find out that according to the character's own documented history, he does have a human soul and is well aware of that.
What issue was that??

I kind of liked the whole "choosing to believe he has a soul" thing because that is what everyone (in the real world) does. Magic might exist in the Marvel U so people can actually see souls or whatever, but here no one KNOWS they have a soul, there is no proof of it, it is something that some people choose to believe in.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Angelique »

The Drastic Spastic wrote: I kind of liked the whole "choosing to believe he has a soul" thing because that is what everyone (in the real world) does. Magic might exist in the Marvel U so people can actually see souls or whatever, but here no one KNOWS they have a soul, there is no proof of it, it is something that some people choose to believe in.
But he didn't say he chose to believe he had a soul. He said he had a soul because he decided he had one, which is bunk in pretty much any religion, including his own. (Considering how gung-ho Catholicism tends to be about the sacredness of all human life, suggesting that those who haven't had the chance or are incapable of deciding are soul-less is particularly eggregious.)

And Dr. Strange confirmed Nightcrawler as fully human in essence- being zero percent demon and having a human soul- in the 4th Uncanny Annual.

[Edited on 31/3/2009 by Angelique]

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Angelique wrote: But he didn't say he chose to believe he had a soul. He said he had a soul because he decided he had one, which is bunk in pretty much any religion, including his own. (Considering how gung-ho Catholicism tends to be about the sacredness of all human life, suggesting that those who haven't had the chance or are incapable of deciding are soul-less is particularly eggregious.)

And Dr. Strange confirmed Nightcrawler as fully human in essence- being zero percent demon and having a human soul- in the 4th Uncanny Annual.
He said he wasn't sure he had one, but in the next breath decided he does. It doesn't sound like he thinks his belief makes it so, or he wouldn't have started off with "I'm not sure". And his uncertainty is exactly because he isn't sure if he is human so I'm not seeing the conflict with Catholicism.

Nightcrawler was dead in that scene and Dr Strange was only thinking to himself anyway so I'm guessing he didn't hear it. ;) If he wanted to know "for sure" I suppose he could just go and ASK Dr Strange about it. Hmm.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Angelique »

Then there is the fact that even in the Arc that out of respect for those who hate the very mention of it I shall not name, Nightcrawler met his biological parents, and dear old dad, while co-opting the identity and mannerisms of a demon, nonethelelss admitted he was an "enhanced human." A mutant.

Nightcrawler has no reason to believe he is anything but fully human.

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by neling4 »

Not his dad.

Sorry Angelique. I'm a broken record in that regard. Azazel is not Kurt's dad. I reject him. He is a retcon and Mystique and Azazel are liars and Kurt's dad is still Erik Wagner.

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Jeremus »

Nightcrawler (third series) #10:

Margali: "We hid the soulsword inside of Kurt because his soul is unpolluted."

:halo
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by neling4 »

Jeremus: More fuel against Azazel:

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Szardos,_Margali

I didn't know that Kurt and his ex-girlfriend, with whom he was obviously intimate, were half siblings.

I think Marvel is spiraling out of control.

BTW, have you sent a message to Joe Q. yet? Angelique and I did.

Here: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =479434664

[Edited on 1/4/09 by neling4]

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Jeremus »

:shame
Not yet. My fingers are tired from posting those topics at Marvel. AND I was confused because now apparently you have to send a message to Joe on MySpace (???). I am easily confused so that's not suprising....but I see you have the link so I will definitely compose a little something to send him.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by neling4 »

The Marvel link had a link to MySpace. The above link is more direct. Sorry I didn't post that earlier, but I wanted to make sure we posted on the latest Blog.

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Infernus #4 previews!

neling4 wrote:Jeremus: More fuel against Azazel:

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Szardos,_Margali

I didn't know that Kurt and his ex-girlfriend, with whom he was obviously intimate, were half siblings.
LOL!!!! Good find. That's not canon though, just someone fucking up but good on the Marvel webpage.
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X-Infernus #4 previews!

Post by Jeremus »

I still haven't gotten my hands on a copy of this issue. Can anyone tell me what happened to the soulsword (the one that was inside Kurt)?

[Edited on 01/19/09 by Jeremus]