WELCOME BACK DAVE!

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Panz »

I thought I'd get a head start and start this thread off for when you get back. :)

We all know you've been through a lot of nasty things lately, not the least of which is surviving the hospital chow :ick

But you've got a new home, a new puppy and hopefully something edible for the first time in months. :toothy

Whenever you feel up to goofing around with all of us crazy folks, we'll be glad to see you. We've all missed ya a lot :)
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Maelstrom »

DAMN STRAIGHT, we've missed you! How dare you get horribly sick with something I researched extensively and inflicted on one of your creations? :bawl

All the smiley-spamming hugs in the world can't begin to express my relief and joy at your truimphant return. If my finances were any better, you and Paty would have a huge bouquet of roses waiting for you by now... or a whole frikkin' rosebush planted in your new yard. ;)
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
scheherazade
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by scheherazade »

Yeay! *throws confetti* Welcome home!

*picks up confetti before the puppy eats it*
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Northstars Love »

Hey Dave we've missed you! Welcome back bud!

Interested in a Strip-O-Gram? :toothy

:shifty eh...never mind. I don't want you to end up back in the hospital and me along side you after Paty gives me a nice knot on my head! :P LOL
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by kladyelf »

*klady wanders onto thread*

wha...? HE'S BACK!!!!

sqeee! *glomp!* welcome!

ooh, a puppy how cute! what type?

here have a metaphorical Down Under Mud Cake :D :LOL ;)
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Bamfette »

I just saw Dave on the 'who's online' section, and wanted to post 'welcome back' we missed you Dave!
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Dark Bamf »

Hi, everybody, yeah, I'm back. Hopefully to stay. They tell me I nearly bit the big one this time. It's not a nice experience.

I want to thank everbody for their love and support over this difficult time. I was deluged with mail, cards, stuffed toys (Paty sent me a garish, five foot long green plush alligator), and--believe it or not--two frozen Chicago deep-dish pizzas.

I'm resting up tody and trying to acclimate to the new digs, so I'm going to keep this short for now. I'll sign bak in later when I can relax and schmooze a bit.

Oh, and the puppy is miss Queen Tootsie Pinkletoes, the tiniest Pekinese I'v ever seen. She's a little champagne-colored fluffball with a black face just like my old best buddy, the late Ringo. Our friend Barb calls her 'attack peke' and our other friend Cat calls her 'Shorty'. Paty bristles at that, she doesn't want her answering to 'Shorty'. But Paty can't make her mind up whether to call her Queenie, Tootsie, or Pinkletoes, so the poor pup's getting a bit confused.

More later. Love to all.

:bamf
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Panz »

it's good to have you back Dave. The pup sounds like a charmer and you have GOT to get a pic of that damned Alligator. I don't think I've ever seen a stuffed animal that big :LOL
It's good to be home, huh?
Panz

Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Hey Dave! Good to see you are doing better and online now. :D

Your pup sounds soooo cute! Queen Tootsie Pinkletoes? Long name. Personally, I like Queenie tho. Tootsie is cute too.

Can you post some pics of her? I'd love to see what she looks like. :D
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Crawler »

Welcome back, Dave. And your new signature is HILARIOUS. :D

Hope the new place is to your liking. You got out of moving...so you can't say NOTHING good came out of you being sick. ;)

GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK!
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Slarti »

Go with Pinkletoes. It has a classic elegance. :D

Welcome back! It's great to see you! We should throw a party! With little hats and everything, we spare no expense for you, buddy!

Seriously though... *hug* Stay well this time. :)
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Paty »

:mags:
Yeah...yeah...yeah... trust it to a guy to get it wrong...
Puppies with a pedigree have long names...and "call" names which are usually part of the registered name.
Her registered name is Siverqueen tootsie Pinkletoes. Now, queenie is good, Tootsie is good, and so is Pinkle...which is what I usually call her. The pinkletoes comes from her four little white feet that peek out at you. They were the first things we noticed when we first saw her..little pink toes covered with soft white fuzz.
She has almost tripled her weight from one pound two ounces to two pounds fourteen ounces in only a couple of weeks, so her hair is getting longer...as pekinese hair will do. Hopefully she will have the fine hair that Ringo had. Our other Peke's hair was scruffy and never as silky as it should have been...but I hope as the puppy fuzz goes away that her silky hair will come in ...tp which point, she will indeed be a Silver queen!
The alligator is alas, no longer with dave...He gave it to Kim, Barbara's daughter who probably passed it on to her four year old girl child, Madison...or maybe not...Kim collects huge stuffed animals too...LOL
But trust me.. it was four feet long if it was an inch!!!
Brilliant green with a yellow belly and huge eyes! Dave said the nurses from all over would come in just to cuddle it! They wanted to steal it away from him!!
The problem was that it WAS sooo big that shipping it was gonna be a problem...so he gave it to kim..I can ask her to take a pix of it and mail it to us...maybe...
LOL
I should take a pix of Dave's Brood figure, too...lol... once I get his dentures straightened out...heheheheheee... the Brood's, not Daves... when I made it for him from Naugahide, I had trouble with the eeth, cuz we were afraid if i put needle teeth on it, some kid at a con would stick himself with it...or something like that. So I have experimented with ways to show the needle teeth and still make it viable to lug to a con sometime. The thing is so big that it can wrap around your arm with it's tail section. It is almost lifesized as Dave drew them. When I have the dentures to my satisfaction, I shall take a pix and send it to the board. Boo has a new digital camera so we can download pictures directly into the computer...if we figure out how...LOL

Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
Isaac Perlmutter , Alan Fine, Alex Alonso and Nick Lowe at
Marvel Entertainment Inc.
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
:magneto
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Maelstrom »

Originally posted by Paty
I should take a pix of Dave's Brood figure, too...lol... once I get his dentures straightened out...heheheheheee... the Brood's, not Daves... when I made it for him from Naugahide, I had trouble with the eeth, cuz we were afraid if i put needle teeth on it, some kid at a con would stick himself with it...or something like that. So I have experimented with ways to show the needle teeth and still make it viable to lug to a con sometime. The thing is so big that it can wrap around your arm with it's tail section. It is almost lifesized as Dave drew them. When I have the dentures to my satisfaction, I shall take a pix and send it to the board. Boo has a new digital camera so we can download pictures directly into the computer...if we figure out how...LOL

Paty
*gasps and squeels :love* Oh, Paty, you simply HAVE to show us that thing! I have such fond memories of the Brood saga from the 80s. I loved the "Alien-esque" character design. I can barely wait to see a 3D model of those things!
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by LadyErin »

DAVE!!!!!!!! WELCOME BACK!!! I can't tell you how happy I am that you are home! Rest and cuddle your new little baby, and listen to Paty. LoL! Sorry, channeling my inner mommy. Just stay WELL!
http://lady_erin.livejournal.com
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Want to IM me? U2U me for the screenname.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by SheCat »

Welcome back! We're so gad to have you here again!

Have a great time with the puppy and some edible food. I love your siggy, by the way.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Welcome back, Dave!

Just couldn't miss that last winter in the frozen north, could ya? :P

Glad to here that you're finally well, and eating real food.

And Paty- I find pedigree names hilarious. I currently have 2 dogs- a doberman, and a weimeraner. The wiemeraner is the only Pet Store dog we ever had. When we first got Smokey, we were looking over her pedigree chart, and among all the "Reginald Winston Vanderbuilt XXVII" names, there was Smokey's grandmother- High Dollar Hooker. We had a good laugh about that for days.
TelegramSam
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by TelegramSam »

If I ever buy a pedigree animal, I'm naming it "bullet with butterfly wings." :p

(extra points to anyone who knows where that comes from)
I am Dyslexic of Borg. Your ass will be laminated.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Quoted by Paty

once I get his dentures straightened out...heheheheheee... the Brood's, not Daves...

:LOL

Paty that was too damn funny! LOL

Sorry Dave. :oops
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Welcome Back Dave!

We sure did miss your witty presence. I guess we should be prepared to hear plenty of nurse, doctor and hospital food jokes! :D

Seriously, you really were missed.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
shakspear
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by shakspear »

Definitely, I agree with all of the scrawlers who have wished you heartfelt welcome back greetings! :hug
I had a four foot long blue snake with an eye patch given to me as a gift once! The pup sounds like a cute thing. I vote for Pinkles!:LOL
As much or more we should ourselves complain.

Assume a virtue, if you have it not.
Be great in act, as you have been in thought.

William Shakespeare

"Stealing from one person is called plagiarism; stealing from a bunch of people is called research." -Alfred E. Newman.
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by InterNutter »

Yes, Dave! Welcome, welcome, welcome. I'm so very glad that you're doing better ^_^

Hopefully, you'll stay on this side of healthy in your new digs. And congrats on the new puppy ^_^ Go with Pinkletoes. THere's billions of Queenies and Tootsies out there, but I bet that Pinkletoes' are rare on the ground.
The one and only InterNutter (as seen on FFN and NFN)
http://www.internutter.org
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Paty »

LOLOL...you are probably right about that. Especially in dog circles. The original Tootsie Pinkletoes was one of our baby birds. Most Macaws have gray feet. Allof our hybrid babies...their mother was a blue and gold and their father was a scarlet macaw... they are recognized hyprids called Catilinas... had gray feet. But one little birdy had pink toes that mottled into gray at about ankle length. Looked like she had pink slippeers on...so we called her Tootsie Pinkletoes. I just loved the name...so when this little one came along with her pink toes showing, it was a natural...LOL...
she is, I think, definately not a Queenie...She is more a Tootsie or a Pinkle... She is spring wound and bounces around here like a jack in the box. Thor, our Saint Bernard is wonderful with her. He lookas around his feet to see where she is before he takes a step and he only once sat down on her! This is problematic since he is a hundred and thirty six pounds! Which is small for Saints, but... not to a two pound fourteen ounce Peke! LOL...She crawled out from under his fuzzy tail...he hadnn't really "sat on her" He had sat near her and covered her with his big white tail...which is bigger than she is! She likes to sleep on it. I guess it's softer than the rug...LOL...
I wonder what "High Dollar Hooker"'s call name was...Dolly?
We shall try to get pix up of both Brood and Pinkle asap.
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Panz »

LOL! Tootsie Pinkletoes is such a cute name. I keep coming up with terrible droggle in my head though, and it is NOT clever :p
Panz

scheherazade
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by scheherazade »

Well, I just saw the Tribbles episode of Star Trek on TV today, so now i'm picturing Pinkletoes as one of those... *laughs* which probably isn't far from the truth.
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Paty »

Actually, a tribble is bang on. that is exactly what she looks like! a furry little tribble...with a tail that wags at hyperspeed!
We shall try to get pictures of her up soon! Dave loves her to little pieces!
LOL
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020