WELCOME BACK DAVE!

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Tatu »

Welcome back Dave!

Trust me, my heart went out knowing you had to eat hospital food for such a long time I stayed with my mom last time she was in the hospital which resulted in this convo

"You can have it, i'm not hungry.*
"*takes a bite and spiits it out* What the hell is this crap?! Are they trying to kill you?!"
".. I think its chicken."

O_O
Call me King!
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by kurtlover »

Wow! since i've been terribly busy, i didn't had the time to check this thread till today. :shame
I'm glad you're back Dave, i sent you an u2u the day i saw you online here.
Hope you're doing well, i'm glad you're recovering!
*hugs*
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Paty »

:mags:
Dave used to regale me over the phone with tales of "mystery meat" ... gray slabs of unidentifiable stuff that purported to be food.
I would ask him what he was having for dinner and he would say.."I dunno...light gray mystery meat" or " I think it is dark gray mystery meat today" Sometimes he could sorta tell it was beef or pork or chicken by the taste...but not always. He had a roomie who would ask him what the meat was...possibly because he was trying to e an observant Jew and not eat pork... but there were times, Dave says, that he couldn't tell him with any degree of certainty.

Dave eats better now...LOL
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
Isaac Perlmutter , Alan Fine, Alex Alonso and Nick Lowe at
Marvel Entertainment Inc.
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
:magneto
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Dark Bamf »

Originally posted by Paty
Actually, a tribble is bang on. that is exactly what she looks like! a furry little tribble...with a tail that wags at hyperspeed!
We shall try to get pictures of her up soon! Dave loves her to little pieces!
LOL
Paty

She actually looks like a Mogwai, if you hold her ears out straight, or maybe like Fizgig from the movie 'Dark Crystal'.

As for the food, it was an unending horror story. One could eat it if one were absolutely desperate, but as sick as I was I was never that desperate. I lost 60 pounds while in that madhouse. Once or twice I snuck off to the hospital canteen for lunch; they had a Burger King, a pizza place and a fried chicken outlet, among other concessions. It was like manna from heaven.

So were the various goodies that visiting friends--like Mercy Van Vlack and Ken Gale, and their friend Rachael--smuggled in. And the garlic bagel with cream cheese brought in by my roommate, Howard's, daughter.

And last but not least, the two Chicago deep-dish pizzas shipped in by an anonymous Chicago fan. I turned them over to the director of activities in the rec room, who cooked them up and set them out so everybody could have a taste of 'outside'.

:bamf
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Diablo »

What a man has got to do to eat decently ! Admit it, Dave, you did steal some food from Burger King to survive, heh ? ;)

Anyway, welcome back ! Your stay at the hospital was one of the most frightening online serial I've ever read ! I just hope you have already found time and strength to draw again.

Let Paty take care of you. I'm sure you're in capable hands. :)

See you Dave. :)
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
scheherazade
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by scheherazade »

Originally posted by Dark Bamf
She actually looks like a Mogwai, if you hold her ears out straight,
Lol, just don't feed it after midnight! (although, when you think about it, all times are after midnight of the night before...)

furthermore... holding dogs' ears out is possibly one of the most amusing things in the world (next to pushing cats' ears back...)... we do it to our hound dog and call him batdog....

-Sche, doing her best to derail the thread...
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Paty »

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA
It doesnnn't take much to derail this thread...now does it?
Silliness abounds here and it's OK, people...
LOLOL
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Gaz »

Gah! I'm so fashionably late to everything.....

WELCOME BACK!

Hope you got my good well letter :D

Glad to hear you are better. Now you can eat some REAL food again! Might I suggest the vegetarian Pad Thai with tofu and peanut sauce? :P
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Dark Bamf »

Vegearian what? Sounds oriental. Is that something Chinese?

--Atilla's Hunny
jafabian
Lubber
Lubber

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by jafabian »

Just read the article on you in Wizard #152 today Dave. I'm glad that they devoted you a six page article! Wow! I'm only dissapointed at the fact they devoted so much of it to your X-Men years. You've done so much more, especially in Legion. In fact, when they listed Nightcrawler, Wolverine sans mask, Storm, Colossus, Mystique and the Starjammers as your best creations I immediately thought "What about Wildfire?" Oh well....

Glad to have you back dude!
Beware the Sleestak
Abyss
Lubber
Lubber

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Abyss »

Wow, Dave!

It's great to have you back! I've only lurked here the past few months, and it shocked me when I found out you were in the hospital and near death. I've been recovering from surgery since December 23, and I can tell you, it feels good to make a recovery after being so scared.

Take care!
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Paty »

:mags
Well...the X Men are in the news right now bigtime because of the reboot of the X Line...oop reload...a reboot by an other name...
sigh...
...so wizard wants any X reference they can shove in there...and most of the characters dave created, he did for Marvel. The Starjammers he had in toto...costumes, powers, backgrounds etc..all redy to go. He wanted them to be a book of their own...and at the time, Marvel had this premiere book... a preview kind of tryout book which Roy thomas was editing to intrduce new characters and see how they would do. Dave went to Roy with Starjammers and Roy told him the book was "booked" for the next two years in advance...so dave went dejectedly back and moaned to Chris about this wonderful group he had created. when Chris heard about them and saw the visuals...he said Wanna use them in the X Men? dave said sure... st they changed corsair's origin to connect them to the X group... which is about as incestuous as you can get with everyone being related in some way...LOL. Corsair became Scott's long lost father...stolen by ETs yadda yadda...
And blammo, there they were jumping into the middle of the first Shi'ar saga...The whole shi'ar empire, as well as Lilandra and the Imperial guard being another Dave/Chris opus!
So there was one issue there where you had cast of MILLIONS comix...rather than just cast of thousands comix
I think that issue, with seventeen bajillion characters, was what drove Dave off the book the first time. He needed a rest!

On another front, Rivka, whom I talked to yesterday, wanted to welcome Dave back but she was in the middle of finals in her courses and has the Flu to boot... she can barely talk, hold her head up or even breathe...so she is dying in W VA and fashing herself for not welcomming Dave back! So I just said it for her!
WELCOME BACK DAVE!!! from Rivka!
Poor woman is dying with the flu,her exams are finally over and now her plumbing in her kitchen has decided to self destruct! Get well, yourself Rivka! Rest! Eat chicken soup! Try not to fall through the kitchen floor!!! Chris will fix the Master...never fear...All will be right with the world aagain...LOL...just rest and get well!
Huggies
patyi
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Ghost
Lubber
Lubber

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Ghost »

welcome back dave. sorry for my english well i'm still learning. looks like you get an happy end finally. paty at least you can't :blush if u call your dog my family was to creative whit the names of my dogs. ever gone on the street calling your dogs : WHISKY, SODA, ICE bei Fuss!
that's murder.
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Paty »

LOL
Dave has always been creative with our animalnames and so have I... when given the choice. some animals we got with names attached and we left them so we wouldn't confuse the poor animal. a couple we changed just because we couldn't stand the names they had originally. Like our scarlet macaw was named "Bentlly"...stupid name for such a fantastic bird...so we renamed him Lockheed..which he took to immediately. Another macaw, which turned out to be a lady, was named Bruce whenwe got her. there is no way to tell the sex of these birds just by looking at them. You either have to pull a bloodfeather and do DNA testing or surgically sex them to find out what they really are. Behavior sometimes tells...Lockheed we were pretty sure was a male cuz he acted lke a rooster..loud and arrogant. bruce we had noidea until she started with the egg biz! We never got around to changing her name expept when she started laying eggs and raising babies, we segued into "Brucie".
We have a BALL python named "Spaulding". for those of you who are not sports fans, Spaulding makes sports balls of all kinds. Ball pythons are called that because as babies, if they are frightened, theycurl up into tight little balls and youcan toss them around...but shouldn't...LOL
We had a "yellow rat snake" named Cagney...and old film buffs will get the reference I am sure.
Chicklet was our tiny first chickie...and Max is humongous. Maybe he should have been maned baby Huey but that was too much...LOL
I have always liked Tootsie for girls...and pinkletoes was for pink toes showing. she could have been a"Queenie" but she is more a Tootsie than a Queen...LOL and she still has pink toes.
I had a white horse named Snowball when I was a teen...I admit she came with the name and it suited her, so I kept it.
but we had a girl dog named"Boy" who was nothing of the sort and proved it within a couple weeks of coming to stay with us...LOL
We had a car that was so big you needed the Cunard docks to park it so it was the QE 2...or Bess, for short...LOL
We had the Green Gecko...which was a green Datsun B210, Tootsie the Toyota and I once had a car called the "Flying White Fart" for the voluminous clouds of noxious fumes it put out.
We use creative naming wherever possible. thor's full name is Thor Tiberius Tsychovsky Kensler/Cockrum. Don't ask where that all came from because some of it is Jennifer's input. She found himfor us in a shelter. She couldn't rescue him...so we did...but she had input on the name. When people sometimes look at him and say"Beethoven!" Isay, no...Tsychovsky...that spelling is probably wrong...I amawful with names! LOL
Tootsie just sorta named herself...LOL
paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Dark Bamf »

You forgot one of Thor's names, Paty--it's Thor Tiberius Tchikowski Thunderdog Kensler-Cockrum.
--Atilla's Hunny
Ghost
Lubber
Lubber

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Ghost »

ach du meine güte. i only got 3 dogs (whisky, soda, ice ) and 20 birds from love birds and canary birds to one weird grey parrot. nicky this crazy thing is always hanging upside down just like it's the most normal thing in the world. well i call him satans bird he just fools everybody in the family after hanging to long upside down he falls down plays death climps up again and tada he's hanging wrong again.:rolleyes somehow if my pets have normal names the are phycho any tipps?
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Panz »

LOL! I understand about the pet names and even the car names! Our current truck is named "blue beastie" and the last car was named "the green weezul" It was green and weezed, yes.

For a while we had a car know as "the flaming Jesus machine"...I'll spare you the tale :p

I have a ball python too, but we haven't decided on a name...I keep thinking "Lucille", but my other half thinks its a boy! I have a slew of cats, a ring neck dove, a bunch of fish and two dogs, Hooligan Hoobody Hemingway Jones and Teakie Bean also known as Tumblebug or just bug. I had a Tokay Gecko named Grape and a ferret named Cassie. When I was a child, we had several tame skunks, my favorite was"Poo". I've had a Rhodesian Ridgeback named "Bleach", a reticulated python named "Kissenger" and a long haired brown cat named "gravy"...tis good to know I'm not alone in my naming pets odd names class. :D
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by little Blue Lucy »

Sorry I'm a little late with this!:rolleyes
Welcome back, Dave! *hugs*

Your puppy sounds precious! I love Pekingeses!
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Gaz »

Dave: Pad Thai is a noodle dish I ate while in Thailand. Made of flat noodles with stirfry veggies or either meat of tofu and peanut sauce. SOOO good.

Hope you've been feeling better. I'm going to recommend visiting a spa or hot springs. Hot, natural water in a natural environment is an amazing cure to a number of symptoms.

Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Dark Bamf »

It does sound good. I've never eaten any Thai food. I'll have to try it sometime.

--Atilla's Hunny
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Gaz »

It's like happy heaven on your tongue. It'll make up for all that hospital 'food' you had to experience. I can totally imagine you forcing a nurse to go across the street and getting you a pizza or something. That's what I would do....

bandit
Lubber
Lubber

thai food makes the lurkers come out

Post by bandit »

Thai food in general is yummy, yummy stuff. But spicey --- some thai places you order a dish and then put a number on the end of it 1-10 on spiceyness. A 5 will make tears run down your face. So careful! But Pad Thai is quite tasty and pretty tame.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Maelstrom »

On the subject of food that's fit for both diabetics and human consumption, I've recently discovered something for us licorice lovers. (And I know there are some of us out there! :smirk)

Dave and Paty, if either of you likes licorice, I've discovered something called "St. Claire's Organic Licorice Sweets". They come in a colorful little tin, 100 pieces per, and the ingredients are: organic molasses granules, organic evaporated cane juice, licorice root powder, anise and fennel essential oils. I figure the two sugars up front are similar to sugar alcohols such as maltitol, because there's all of 1 gram of sugar/carbohydrates and 5 calories for three of the little licorice "pills" (they look about the size, and color, of the average .4g vitamin). Every other percentage value on that little nutritional facts chart is at 0%.

And take it from a licorice lover and snob. The flavor is powerful; surely enough to handle a licorice craving. :lick Website for the makers, in case there's noplace near you to get them, is http://www.econaturalsolutions.com
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Dark Bamf »

No, neither of us are licorice fans. Paty's sweet tooth favors gummy bears, strawberry swizzles and caramel cremes. I'm a chocoholic, but my favorite poison is Reese's peanut butter cups.

--Atilla's Hunny
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

WELCOME BACK DAVE!

Post by Panz »

Back to the sympathy for hospital food thing. I just spent five days in the hospital due to a metabolic problem and complications....I don't know what was worse, the "chicken dumpling" which resembleed some horrid alien pupa or the mound of white stuff that might have been a potatoes once with the rubbery cubes of some thing pink that I suspect were mamillian in origin...*shudder*

As for candy I am weak for Red Vines, cherry sours and just about anything dark chocolate...
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama