Uncanny Claremont/Davis.

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny Claremont/Davis.

Post by Diablo »

Hey, Dave and Paty.

Did you read Uncanny#444 ?
Joy, oh joy ! Kurt, Ororo and Logan are back together ! The blue elf laughs at last ! And we finally saw him in the traditional yellow and blue costume ! Is it the first time he's wearing it??

Also, Alan Davis 's Kurt is really one of the best !
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny Claremont/Davis.

Post by BamfChyck »

I loved that yellow-blue costume! He looks so hot in it! I liked the redo of his red-black one, too, that he had on at the end.

It was nice to see Rachel and Kitty happy together again, too.

Who were all those people in the bleachers at the baseball game? Can anyone identify them for me? I got the obvious ones, but some of them I had no idea who they were.
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Uncanny Claremont/Davis.

Post by Panz »

BamfChych: I THINK they were meant, by and large, to be family...parents.

I was just glad to see my beloved fuzzy guy back to being something close to normal. I was loving seeing Storm, Wolvie and Kurt doing the game...they sooooo rock! Hmmmm....Weopeneers??? I think Chris was kinda reaching there, but am a long time Claremont reader enough to know that good things come to those that wait.. I am not IMMEDIATELY going to be upset with Nighty being in danger...:p I am holding my hissy fit for later....pretty good issue... a bit vignettish, but cool.
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

Uncanny Claremont/Davis.

Post by Paty »

:mags
Heh..c'mon, Panz...danger is what the X folk live for...it's what they DO!!!
LOL
Yes, we saw it. heheheheheee what a blast from the past! THIS felt like an X Men comic...didn't it? the kind we knew and loved! Wonderful Alan Davis art! and the yellow color on Nighty's training togs was something Dave tried on Nighty before he settled on the red colors forhis cstume. Knowing Davis, he knows this and it was a tip of the hat to Dave.
the costume that they have him wearing for the action later in the book is almost back to Dave's original design...which i still think was so good it should not be changed...like Spiderman's or DD's or Thor's or Cap's! Some designs just cannot be improved...only messed with...but this one isn't bad. heh heh...
On the whole I loved it
Dave liked it too...but was confused by the jump in continuity. the last thing he read before he went into the hospital was Chuck doing Juggernaut and Sammy...and i gotta dig out the issues he hasnn't seen if i can find them...sigh...
And good as Uncanny is... it can't hold a candle to Excalibur...at least in one very important way...heeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
Isaac Perlmutter , Alan Fine, Alex Alonso and Nick Lowe at
Marvel Entertainment Inc.
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
:magneto
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny Claremont/Davis.

Post by Diablo »

About Nighty's costume, it's true the original one rocks. But I really like it when the blue elf is only dressed in black, because he can disappear in the shadows.

I hope Chris Claremont will give Kurt an important role. I really didn't like the priest idea. And give him a new girlfriend, please !!... Why not Storm ?? Since Forge, she didn't date anyone, am I wrong ?
www.atlantys.biz

Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny Claremont/Davis.

Post by Paty »

Gee...good question... She just had a brief fling with Gambit of all people...sigh...sorta one night ...or wone afternoon... stand kinda thing. Mostly kissy smoochy, feely touchy rather than bippity boppity , youunderstand... but enough to make one raise the eyebrows and question Storm's taste. PTUI!
Gambit disgusts me...he is soooo the epitome of the stupid male macho walking, talking rectum!
And he thinks he's god's gift to female kind. PTUI...DOUBLE PTUI!!!
HACK...PTOOOOOOOO...
OOG... BAD TASTE IN THE MOUTH...MIND...BEING...
yOUGET THE DRIFT THAT i REALLY DON'T LIKE gAMBIT AND THINKROGUE SHOULD WAKE UP, SMELL THE DOGSHIT AND GET SHUT OF HIM?
yEAH...WELL...
sorry... If as he says "his heart belongs to Rogue..." then his other body parts must belong to any female who wants to play...Right??? Sheesh. No... Gambit totally disgusts me and I hope the new writers give himsomething to think about besides his dickie...

Storm, on the other hand is not innocent herself...unless, as one person pointed out somewhere...possibly in one of my other lists... Gambit has hypnotic gaze with those red eyes... a mutant power that lets him mesmerize women and lead them down the primrose path to view his non existant etchings...as it were... So maybe she couldn't help herself. I hope so..I would hate to think her taste in men has slipped so low.
Nighty would be good for her.
Or Mags... now there would be an interesting combo...I was for that after she walked in on himin bed in Uncanny 150 until I saw what Chris did with Mags and Rogue in Uncanny 274 and 275. Then I said, yeah..that works especially well if he is the only one she can touch and he's ostensily a villain...or at least an adversary! Mondo good sotrylines there...tragic love and all...I was soooo hoping for something good there..but Hardass and company weren't going in that direction at all..so maybe now???oooooOOOOOooooo...wouldn't that be fun!
LOL
paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny Claremont/Davis.

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Originally posted by Paty

Storm, on the other hand is not innocent herself...unless, as one person pointed out somewhere...possibly in one of my other lists... Gambit has hypnotic gaze with those red eyes... a mutant power that lets him mesmerize women and lead them down the primrose path to view his non existant etchings...as it were...
paty
Actuallly, he DOES have a mutant Charm factor.
hypnotic charm allows him to exert subtle influence over sentient minds, compelling them to believe what he says and agree with his suggestions
Now, whether or not Storm is a powerful enough mind to resist him is another question..........
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny Claremont/Davis.

Post by Paty »

OK... so let's say he has this power. He knows he has this power. does he control it so that he can maintain a safe distance from other women and "save" himself for Rogue? In a pig's eye! He USES it to get what he wants...more and more women fawning all over him. Totally disgusting. As bad as the Prof coercing humans and mutants subconsciously to go along with him...As bad as Emma using her power to seduce Scott...or taking unprofessional advantage tospite Jean.

This is all horrible behavior!!! And the supposed HEROES do it!!! Not the villains!

Rogue cannot control her power when it is extant, so she wears lots of clothing so she doesn't inadvetrtantlly harm someone with the misuse of her power. Does Gambit ever even worry about the misuse of his come hither juju? Like hell he does! He USES it to play around...totally unmindful of the emotional chaos he could create. Belladonna was crazy.. enraged at him for his behavior...and rightly so. Rogue as a compliasant bimbo doesn't ring true. She finds out about his dalliance with Storm, it should be bye bye Birdbrain!
If not, she will not be able to look at herself in the mirror in the morning. She will be simply too short. Doormats don't reach to any great heights. i am sure the little boys would just love her to forgive and forget...but women with spirit don't work like that, boyos. You wish. Claremont was clearly pandering to the Rogue/Gambit crazies out there to build his fan base as he tried to bring Extreme up the list without any hype-help from Marvel.
Anyone notice the lack of hype-help for the reload? do they want him to fail? Yeah... there are factions that do want him to fall flat on his face so they can rush in and say..."WE will save Marvel! Back to the neo nazi rules and editorial directions around here!" Yadda yadda...ad infinitum...ad nauseum...
Morrison was hyped as the best thing since little green apples. Claremont gets no hype at all? What do you think? Negative factions still at work under wraps? You betcha!
Show them Chris! Turn it around...do it! You can! Just do it!
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny Claremont/Davis.

Post by Diablo »

I kinda liked the Gambit character in the beginning... but since he got out with Rogue, I found him really annoying. I like Gambit as a solo thief, not as an X-man.

So, let's get them married :
Kurt and Ororo.
Magnus and Rogue.
Gambit and himself. :kiss
Wolverine and Cyclops. :kiss:kiss
www.atlantys.biz

Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny Claremont/Davis.

Post by Paty »

Wolverine and CYCLOPS!!???!!!
HAW...HAW...HAW...

Where the bloody blue blazes did you get that one, Diablo??? LOL

I 'bout fell off my chair!
Remember the old Broadwqay play, "It's a Bird, It's a Plane... It's SUPERMAN!"?
In it, Lois sings a song to Max Mincon...who is trying to get her bod...
"OOOO, do YOU love YOU...OOOO you're gone on YOU! You found your Mr. Right in YOU know who...OOOOOOO, do you love YOU!!!"

Truer words were never spoken... or sung...especially of Gambit. LOL

Let us hope that with the return of Rogue's powers, that she can put some distance between them and get back to being herself. As long as she is with him, she's got no chance...but if she can clear her head...there's a chance she will see the warpage in her own personality for what it is.
One can only hope!

Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny Claremont/Davis.

Post by Northstars Love »

The first few pages of Uncanny #444 reminded me of X-Men(before they used Uncanny)#110 when they were playing baseball before the attack by WarHawk. Yes, I do remember that far back. Those were really good X-Men days. Not that they aren't now but it was so reminiscent of the old days. It was good to see them back in spandex. Leather was fine but with spandex there is so much more freedom of movement.

Fab issue!!!

District X :thumbup

Uncanny :thumbup

Very Happy with Reload so far!! :D
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Uncanny Claremont/Davis.

Post by SheCat »

Am I the only one not blown away by the issue? I found that the beginning (baseball game) was rather fun, and the characterization of Emma and Rachel well-done (also the little miff between Cyke and Wolvie), but by the halfway point it had completely lost my interest. Maybe it was because I was gawking at Rogue's awful new hairstyle, but it didn't seem like anything we haven't already seen in X-Treme a hundred times before.

The baseball game reminds me of Uncanny #325. It even had a fuzzy blue as catcher! :D I liked Kordey's designs, though. :(
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny Claremont/Davis.

Post by Diablo »

I'm quite happy with the Reload too.
Uncanny, Excalibur and X-men are three great titles. I haven't tried Astonishing X-Men yet.

And I'm now waiting for the Nightcrawler ongoing series. Woohoo !!! :bamf:bamf
I can't believe it is really happening ! A Nightcrawler series, in September !! It is about time !
Dave, Paty, what do you think of it ??
www.atlantys.biz

jafabian
Lubber
Lubber

Uncanny Claremont/Davis.

Post by jafabian »

There's gonna be a Nightcrawler ongoing? Soooo cool!

Hope he's back in his original uniform for it though.

:bamf
Beware the Sleestak
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Uncanny Claremont/Davis.

Post by Dark Bamf »

This is the first I've heard of an ongoing Nightcrawler series. I hope I'll like it, but I ain't gonna hold my breath.

:bamf
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny Claremont/Davis.

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Here's the thread where it's being discussed

http://nightscrawlers.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4202
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny Claremont/Davis.

Post by Diablo »

Huh, I think you got it wrong, Nightcrawler ZERO ;)
I hope this one works...

nightcrawler forum

It seems it will be a dark series, something like Hellboy or John Constantine. BUT with Kurt's sense of humor, I guess. I've been able to discuss it with the artist -Darick Robertson, the current drawner of the Wolverine series. He's a big Nightcrawler fan. This title is his dream come true.

That said, I don't think it's the kind of series you would like for Kurt, Dave. Very different from your Nighty mini-series !
I hope you'll enjoy it nevertheless.
If it's well written -and I think it will be - it could really get interesting.
www.atlantys.biz