Nightcrawler in Uncanny First Class

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

When I saw the solicit for Uncanny First Class 1, I was a bit worried that this would boldly go where, well, too many authors went and rode roughshod before. Yet another "crisis of faith" for the team's token religious character.

Instead, I got a comic book that I still enjoy rereading over and over. Kurt's still a bit angsty, but in a way I find relatable rather than embarrassing.

What do you all think?
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I enjoyed it. At the moment, I am liking this series more than X-Men: Forever. Kurt has yet to have more than a background role in that series.

It is obvious that Colossus really wants Kurt to stay with the X-Men, when he offers to accompany him to Attilan. I am beginning to appreciate their friendship more, thanks to this story.

I loved Logan's expression when he offered to wash the sweat off Gorgon, and when Gorgon kicks him into orbit, Cyclops line was perfect, as he looks up at tiny Logan, way up in the atmosphere, saying: "Wow. Look at that. Still going..." Just great! :D
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

Wow. So old school in plot and layout and yet still pretty fresh and fun to read the first few preview pages

I think I'm going to have to find a comic book shop in Buffalo and pick up a copy.

-e
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Hmm, I had managed to resist First Class, but this one does look cute. He's using the Errol Flynn image inducer! The mansion looks moldy though. :shifty

Might have to pick one up.
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

I really liked it! Although Kurt is kind of acting insane and the whole mob scene thing feels tired at this point (and modern New Yorkers shouting about demons? Really??). What I liked was the characterization, enhanced by Cruz's wonderful art, and that Kurt actually DID something, as crazy as that something was.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'm so suped. This looks great.

And Bob, I'm pretty sure nothing bothers the modern New Yorker, I agree.

However, maybe the modern New Yorker has seen everything... except Kurt? :cracked

[Edited on 13/7/09 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS