X-men Shoujo Manga

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

X-men Shoujo Manga

Post by neling4 »

Here are some pages out of the first book:

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia ... p?gid=1262
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

LIV4TheObsession
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X-men Shoujo Manga

Post by LIV4TheObsession »

Wow....That wasn't good at all. I mean, the art was alright for a typical shoujo manga, but urg! It's like completely different characters! I wouldn't have even known it was about the X-Men.
DeviantArt: http://liv4theobsession.deviantart.com/

"Your life is not back and white but it is the million shades of grey that make you who you are." ~ Unknown
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

X-men Shoujo Manga

Post by Nandireya »

It's so hard to tell who's who! With the exceptions of the teachers (who were pretty much named any way) Warren, Fred (I assume the big guy's Blob) and the barely seen Kurt (isn't he supposed to be 'the best friend'?) they all look pretty much the same...generic pretty boys.

I assume specs guy with the Bart Simpson hair is Scott. The fair-haired guy she shoves her hand through could be Bobby. The guy by himself in the lunchroom with the cards might be Remy.

I can't say I'm upset that I didn't order this...

[Edited on 30-8-2009 by Nandireya]
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
LIV4TheObsession
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X-men Shoujo Manga

Post by LIV4TheObsession »

Nandireya wrote:It's so hard to tell who's who! With the exceptions of the teachers (who were pretty much named any way) Warren, Fred (I assume the big guy's Blob) and the barely seen Kurt (isn't he supposed to be 'the best friend'?) they all look pretty much the same...generic pretty boys.

I assume specs guy with the Bart Simpson hair is Scott. The fair-haired guy she shoves her hand through could be Bobby. The guy by himself in the lunchroom with the cards might be Remy.

I can't say I'm upset that I didn't order this...

[Edited on 30-8-2009 by Nandireya]
I'm suprised you figured that much out! I couldn't tell who ANYONE was. (With the exeption of Kitty and the teachers. And Warren.)
DeviantArt: http://liv4theobsession.deviantart.com/

"Your life is not back and white but it is the million shades of grey that make you who you are." ~ Unknown
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-men Shoujo Manga

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

I have seen a few shonen manga with wolverine in it. They still manage to make him look girly. :rolleyes It's the style... nobody in manga (especially shojo) looks vaguely male. Well, okay, sometimes they pull it off. But not normally. I still have trouble understanding how this teenage-ish looking Wolverine even remotely relates to the 160-something badass that is portrayed in the comics.

"Kitty" Pryde... wow. She's hot. Kitty is cute. There is a difference between those two things. Kitty should have her cute long curly hair. CUTE plushy Kitty... not curvy stick figure. She is WAY too thin!

Beast.... okay, Kitty is cute. BEAST IS NOT! He looks like a badger... a cute funny sweet plushy toy! Beast is dangerous. He should LOOK dangerous! Can anyone take the name "Beast" seriously if he looks like THAT?

Mystique looks great. O' course, she's Mystique... she could look like ANYTHING and I'd believe it!

I want Magneto to come and be my prince and take me away! Whew... like that he looks like Quicksilver, another major hero of mine.

Jean is nice. All the girls in this are too skinny to be real, but at least she has long hair. That seperates her from Kitty and Mystique.

Iceman: generic pretty boy. But since that's the way I feel about him anyway, I'm cool with that!

Nightcrawler isn't bad. I can totally see him doing a ninja thing... and I can see the real Kurt doing ninja stuff too. I understand why they did the pupils... they need to show you WHERE he's looking so you can kind of understand the story. Manga art focuses heavily on the face to tell the story, with exaggerate gestures in the mouth and eyes. If he didn't have pupils it would be extremely difficult for them to portray those emotions in the manga style.

I lol'd when I read the first fourteen pages... for me they were completely out-of-order (still haven't figured out why) and when Beast went "ROAAAAR!" I totally echoed Kitty with a "what the heck?!"

Okay, so fat kid is obviously Blob.

Angel. Was. Awesome.

If that is Gambit playing with the cards............. he's even more feminine than the rest of them! YIKES he's girly. You don't even need to put a pair of boobs on him... just tell everyone he/she hasn't hit puberty yet!

What's up with the glasses? Does every frikin' kid in the whole school wear glasses? How can you tell which one is Cyclops with all those GLASSES? But if Scotty is the kid fighting Warren there... talking about her not wanting to be Angel's disciple... that is a Scott I could actually LIKE. Somebody with morals who actually stands up and fights for the right thing.

This is the problem I have with reading manga.... they all look exactly alike!

I think Kitty's chibi is adorable... especially when she falls for Warren.

P.S. I <3 Mags. He looks even MORE like Quicksilver than his sketch suggested! :swoon
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-men Shoujo Manga

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I can't find it. THE RAGE.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Swizz the Wolf
Lubber
Lubber

X-men Shoujo Manga

Post by Swizz the Wolf »

Trust me, Spastic, you're not missing much. The whole time I was sitting there repeating "what the hell" over and over...

Guh, reminds me why I DON'T read shojou. -cringe-
"In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane."--Oscar Wilde
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

X-men Shoujo Manga

Post by neling4 »

My LCS managed to get this for me. I skimmed through it, and I have no idea what it was all about. The artwork was confusing and the story seemed haphazard to me.

I might take a look at the second book, just to see if it makes more sense and if there is more than a couple of panels of Kurt. I only saw him twice in the whole book.

I chose not to waste my money on it.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Nachtkriec
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X-men Shoujo Manga

Post by Nachtkriec »

is this comic based on kitty? omg what the heck did they do to poor beast! wolverine and magneto look hot! looks like jean is some kind of princess-goth! what is with mysquick looks like shes in her 20s, if kurts like a teen or adult, should she not be older than that?(sorry 'bout the spelling) kurt is a goth? kittys cute, i couldnt see iceman but i saw a smaller image of him and cyclops and they look cool
Der Unglaubliche Nachtkriec!
The Incredible Nightcrawler!
http://www.midtowncomics.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/
(those arent my websites)
DreadPirateBluetail
Lubber
Lubber

X-men Shoujo Manga

Post by DreadPirateBluetail »

Nachtkriec wrote:is this comic based on kitty? omg what the heck did they do to poor beast! wolverine and magneto look hot! looks like jean is some kind of princess-goth! what is with mysquick looks like shes in her 20s, if kurts like a teen or adult, should she not be older than that?(sorry 'bout the spelling) kurt is a goth? kittys cute, i couldnt see iceman but i saw a smaller image of him and cyclops and they look cool
Yes, the comic is based on Kitty. I haven't read it, but it looks like something at which I would like to laugh.

Also, Mystique could shapeshift herself into a younger form, couldn't she? So the age she appears isn't necessarily accurate.