Hey Dave!

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
Kurt_wagner
Lubber
Lubber

Hey Dave!

Post by Kurt_wagner »

Hey, I was just wondering if you had been feeling better and made it back to your drawing board yet?
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

Hey Dave!

Post by Paty »

:mags
As a matter of fact, he is better and is actually drawing again...which leaves him little time to get on the ol' devilbox...LOL.
I shall see if I can nudge him to check in on some of these threads that have questions for him...
thanks for your concern, dear

Paty
:mags
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
Isaac Perlmutter , Alan Fine, Alex Alonso and Nick Lowe at
Marvel Entertainment Inc.
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
:magneto
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Hey Dave!

Post by Dark Bamf »

Yes, I'm finally spending some time at the drawing board again. I'm involved in a deal to bring the Futurians back to publication, and I've been doing some character design--mostly villains--and am now breaking down my first story. As things stand right now, I'll be doing the pencils and the inking will be done by a number of the guys who contributed to the tribute book, including Neal Adams. The cover for the first issue will be the piece Jim Lee did for the tribute book. We're still working out some details, like the page count; the first story runs 20 pages, but I also would like to include a seven page origin story for Zapkat, one of the two new Futurians (the other is Bloodknight, but I haven't worked out an origin for him yet).

:bamf
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
the4thpip
Lubber
Lubber

Hey Dave!

Post by the4thpip »

Wow! Dave inked by Neal?

Feeling... lightheaded! Going... to... faint...
Ach! Liebchen!
Matthieu-David
Lubber
Lubber

Hey Dave!

Post by Matthieu-David »

Hi Mr Cockrum.

May i suggest an artist as a possible inker for an upcoming issue ? His name is Jean-Jacques Dzialowski and he did a piece for your tribute book. ( the piece is in pencil but he is a very very good inker too ).

I'm glad to know that you're doing better and i wanted to tell you that if one day you want to come to Paris , it will be an honor for me to get you invited.

very sincerely,
M-D
My little website with Interviews , sketches and full comics in pencil : www.latveria.fr.st
BH123
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Hey Dave!

Post by BH123 »

Originally posted by Dark Bamf
Yes, I'm finally spending some time at the drawing board again. I'm involved in a deal to bring the Futurians back to publication, and I've been doing some character design--mostly villains--and am now breaking down my first story....
Drool drool drool! :shocked

Sorry for that, but the thought of a new Futurians series thrills me with eager anticipation. I hope this comes together. Best of luck, Dave.

By the way, I always liked Bob McLeod and Josef Rubinstein's inking on your pencils. And both contributed to the tribute book. Perhaps you can work with them again on this series.