So...what does this mean?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

It seems there will soon be a plethora of tales from the past about our Kurt:

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=20248

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=20240
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Bamfsticks
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Bamfsticks »

This looks quite epic. And I love the artwork from that comic page in the first link. It looks fun and circus-y. :love
[size=-1]If I were X, I'd supercharge my wheelchair so I could blast all over the place! Some big fat tires- How sweet would that be? Juggernaut comes running in all "I'm the Juggernaut, I can't be stopped--' WHAMMMM!!! I am sawwing out on his face, doing doughnuts all over his head! Then he's laying there all "Uhh" and I back up and point at him and go "Get back in that ruby, Chump! X!!!"
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

It does look good.

What worried me was that all these stories take place in the past.

I will try to be more optimistic, but Marvel doesn't give me much reason.

Bamfsticks
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Bamfsticks »

That has me a bit worried also but I am hoping it fills in plot holes and smooths things over for the 'future'.

After all, what is the worse that they can do?

[strike]Scratch that... [/strike]

EDITED TO ADD HA! I noticed he has a little beauty mark.

[Edited on 1.3.2009 by Bamfsticks]

[Edited on 1.3.2009 by Bamfsticks]
[size=-1]If I were X, I'd supercharge my wheelchair so I could blast all over the place! Some big fat tires- How sweet would that be? Juggernaut comes running in all "I'm the Juggernaut, I can't be stopped--' WHAMMMM!!! I am sawwing out on his face, doing doughnuts all over his head! Then he's laying there all "Uhh" and I back up and point at him and go "Get back in that ruby, Chump! X!!!"
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

It has potential...and benefits.

We'll see Kurt on a regular basis regardless of where he goes after he quits. And it'll be the old fun-loving, sword-wielding, damsel-rescuing, silver-tongued, but still deep and introspective Kurt that many of us fell in love with.

Unfortunately, for me at least, we'll have to suffer through the whole Phoenix stuff...again! It was fine the first time...it was EPIC the first time...but it’s gone way beyond brutalising an equine corpse with a large piece of wood.
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Bamfsticks
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Bamfsticks »

[rquote=33686066&tid=11655&author=Nandireya]

Unfortunately, for me at least, we'll have to suffer through the whole Phoenix stuff...again! It was fine the first time...it was EPIC the first time...but it’s gone way beyond brutalising an equine corpse with a large piece of wood.
[/rquote]

Ack, I forgot about that.

The horse has been beaten, had a stick shoved in its eye then burned. I think it is dead now D:
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

So...anyone else catch the '...a Nightcrawler/Colossus confrontation which should raise a few eyebrows...' comment? It's probably something to do with one's devout faith and the other's atheism, 'cos I don't think this Colossus prefers the company of men...

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

Bamfsticks
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Bamfsticks »

Nandireya wrote:So...anyone else catch the '...a Nightcrawler/Colossus confrontation which should raise a few eyebrows...' comment? It's probably something to do with one's devout faith and the other's atheism, 'cos I don't think this Colossus prefers the company of men...
I did and I am trying to figure it out. But, it might be a little too early in the series to even start thinking about those kinds of arguments?
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

A tad more on this new series, from newsarama:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090228- ... class.html

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

So ... Bman, ya gonna try one more time to buy a Marvel? Hmmmmmm....? After all:
Our opening story focuses on Nightcrawler, who immediately bamfed in front of me and demanded my attention. I've always loved the character. Kurt Wagner is a brilliantly heroic figure; noble, romantic, compassionate. But he has a face and body which gets the general public's hackles rising. That sense of isolation, and the instant revulsion he can generate, must be heartbreaking for such a sociable man.
OTOH,
I love Cyclops. He was my favorite character back when I read Uncanny as a boy.
OTOOH (other, other hand):
If [superhero comics]have [changed that much in the past 30 years], it’s to their cost. ... I was eating, breathing and sleeping X-Men when Chris Claremont, Dave Cockrum and John Byrne were producing the comic. I want the next generation of readers to get just as addicted.

So ... whatcha gonna do, boy? This is yer basic moral dilemma here. And the rest o' you folk who've almost sworn offa Marvel. Gonna give it a chance?

If ya do, let me know if it's worth buying and if so I'll run to the comic store and plunk down Hubby's hard-earned dough for it. Then paw thru it with my grandkids while teaching 'em to read.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

I currently buy several x-titles and like them all, even if they don't have my faves in it (like nightcrawler or gambit). I happen to have a bit of disposable income I can dedicate to that though, seeming as I do pretty much nothing else. I don't eat out for lunches more than maybe once every other month. I don't buy expensive drinks (yes, I'm looking at you starbucks) I just sip on my big water bottle I bring from home. I don't have any clubs or sports I'm involved with.

So if I spend $50 a month on comics...it's ok. Budgeting of the stuck-at-home person. :D

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I'm going to give this one a shot.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'm not sure Banshee and Nightcrawler being on the same cover bodes well for Kurt...

I don't know if I should give them a chance Elfy, I'll be honest... I mean like everyone here is saying... it has potential... but way to rob us of our character development with the team. Kill him, or just genuinely do away with him, and then just develop his past?

That's a work up to a major ret-con.

Also, .... if Mr. Miyagi was somehow involved I might be feeling a little better 'bout it.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Elfdame wrote:...let me know if it's worth buying and if so I'll run to the comic store and plunk down Hubby's hard-earned dough for it.
LMMSBO!

You are so honest, Elfdame. I pretend it is my hard-earned-money.

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Well, I'm not staying at home watching his grandkids anymore which, while not a paying job, was at least an important job. At the mo, am staying at home and indulging myself til I get the gumption to find a job. But he wouldn't mind my buying yet another Crawler comic. I mean, it ain't adultery if the guy isn't real ... I think ...

But this sounds like one I might want to truly purchase ... after the Scrawlers comment upon it post-release, of course.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

His name is kind of ironic...or something...though isn't it...Scott Gray. It almost sounds made up...'cos we are talking about an X-Men book here...

the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by the_lone_bamf »

Our opening story focuses on Nightcrawler, who immediately bamfed in front of me and demanded my attention. I've always loved the character. Kurt Wagner is a brilliantly heroic figure; noble, romantic, compassionate. But he has a face and body which gets the general public's hackles rising. That sense of isolation, and the instant revulsion he can generate, must be heartbreaking for such a sociable man.
I'm going to give this guy props, if only because this is such an accurate summation of the character. He's clearly got love and respect for Nightcrawler, so I think he's going to treat him right. I can't give a blanket condemnation to Cyclops lovers (Especially those who admired the character when they were younger... I mean... Cyclops must appeal to somebody... otherwise they wouldn't keep focusing on him... right? RIGHT?)
No doubt I'll be spending the extra cash I don't have on this series, especially if Kurt fades from view in other titles.
Image Image
"Every living creature is unique-- it is a part of our charm."
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

I like thiscover.

Kurt is in the corner there totally throwing up gang signs. He's probably all like "yo, YO, yo yo. I'm a Bad Ass Mother F*****." and giving a shout out to his peeps in da' hood (Bavaria).

You did know that's what B.A.M.F. really stood for right? Why else would he make that sound when he teleports?

:P

-e
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

Saint Kurt wrote:I like thiscover.

Kurt is in the corner there totally throwing up gang signs. He's probably all like "yo, YO, yo yo. I'm a Bad Ass Mother F*****." and giving a shout out to his peeps in da' hood (Bavaria).

You did know that's what B.A.M.F. really stood for right? Why else would he make that sound when he teleports?

:P

-e
Dead posts... newbies... it works....

Actually I found this out when I was in Cambridge this summer and my PROFESSOR told us that a TV ad that makes people look at it has to be 'totally BAMF.' My eyes popped, and I started grinning, and the rest of the class didn't get it. So he said (his exact words), "I've heard some kids here use that. You know, it means bad A mother (whisper) effer."

I rolled my eyes and wished I'd never found out what it stood for. Now my "My favorite sound is BAMF!" Facebook flair can TOTALLY be taken the wrong way.
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I just recently found this out myself, and I was totally embarrassed.

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

Now people who say BAMF aren't automatic Nightie fans... sigh......... BAMF indeed.

P.S. Although I do believe it was a Nightcrawler fan/critic who made up the acronym!!!

[Edited on 11/9/09 by Dedicatedfollower467]
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.