To Retcon the Draco Arc...

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

No problem Dedicatedfollower467. They don't need to be there right on the eleventh. As long as there is a flurry of letters around November 11, surely someone at Marvel will notice.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Has anyone received a form letter from Marvel in response? I figure everyone else already did because I was late-ish sending my BAADD letter out.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I haven't heard a word from Marvel, at least not in the mail. Did you get something, Elfdame?

BTW, if anyone still wants to send in a letter, it's never too late.

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

It said:

"Thank you for expressing your concern to us. We greatly value the thoughts and feelings of our readers.

"Your words will be passed on to the editorial department for consideration, and from there a decision about Nightcrawler's origin will be determined.

"We hope that this does not affect your loyalty to Marvel and its characters. Your great passion for our brand is sincerely appreciated, and is a key aspect to what helps make the Marvel Universe what it is today.

"Sincerely,
[actual human signature]
Victoria Martinez
Assisant to the President of Publishing [emphasis theirs]
Marvel Entertainment, Inc.
417 5th Avenue
New York, New York 10016"

The letter had no date on it; any typos are mine.
The envelope was addressed by hand as well, which I found interesting.

I imagine we will all get the same one.

[hijack] If Bman sees this -- waddaya think about valuing the thoughts/feelings? Like, how about a certain arachnoid buddy of ours who did his wife dirty for no reason by undoing their marriage with a helluva lot more trouble than divorce? I totally wanted to use that as a further example of how they are eroding their, um, mature-aged reader base, but didn't b/c had to stick to the subject, ie, Nighty. [/hijack]
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

I just got my letter today, Elfie! Exact same wording and everything. I knew it was a form letter!
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Dedicatedfollower467, who did you send your letter to? I only sent one because I ran out of stamps and I forgot to send the second one to Mr. Perlmutter. It sounds like they are from his office.

I should get busy and send in the second letter. I want to get a form letter from Marvel too. :(

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

All four suggested, actually... got an answer from somebody completely different?
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

neling4 wrote: I want to get a form letter from Marvel too. :(
I was totally not expecting anyone to respond at all!
But I haven't gotten any reply either, and I did send one to Mr. Perlmutter. :( (I haven't checked today, though...)
If I do get one, I'll let ya'll know.

If they're sending out hand-signed letters, maybe they got more responses than just us BAADD guys. Maybe a lot of fans lurking in the shadowy realms beyond this and the Marvel website wrote letters. Wouldn't that be great?

------------------------------------
Update:
I got my letter!!!!
Wow! I was not expecting that. I have to say I'm impressed.

It said the same thing as everyone else's and was also hand signed.
It was post-dated on the 1st or 2nd of December.

Wouldn't it really be great if we actually made a difference?

[Edited on 01/19/09 by Jeremus]
Nachtkriec
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nachtkriec »

hey! i dont know if you still BAADD, but if you R then i am in!
Der Unglaubliche Nachtkriec!
The Incredible Nightcrawler!
http://www.midtowncomics.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/
(those arent my websites)
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Nachtkriec wrote:hey! i dont know if you still BAADD, but if you R then i am in!
Welcome to the B.A.A.D.D. headquarters, Nachtkriec!

B.A.A.D.D. is still in existence, and you are welcome to send letters to Marvel. It is never too late.

You could also post questions for Joe Quesada on this site:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=joe

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Might I add that everything leading up to this arc was also completely moronic if not redundant.

I mean.... Making Kurt the "SUPA SEEKRIT MUTANT POPE" that was their plan? And the entire concept was so terribly written, so horribly penned out, that Chuck actually explains an event that has been going on for years in Kurt's life, by an anonymous traitor to the villainous Christian Cult, who spills the entire story in a SINGLE PANEL. Not a page. Not two pages. Not five panels of dialogue. They're walking down the FUCKING HALL and in one Panel, he explains everything that's happened in the last 4 issues, because it made absolutely NO SENSE up to that point. And after that point all you wanted to do was go "WHAT?!?! How the HELL is this NOT considered moronic?"

[Edited on 23/4/10 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS