Something for Paty

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Something for Paty

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

First of all, Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and all the best to both you and Dave.

I saw something today that I thought you might really like to see that has to do with Mags. (or maybe you already know but I'll take the chance you don't)

Click on this link - Magneto

I'm not telling you what it is so it'll be a Christmas surprise. I'm curious to know what you think.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Something for Paty

Post by Diablo »

I think she'll just run and scream all around her house... ;)
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Something for Paty

Post by Dark Bamf »

No, actually, she ran around the house giggling and whooping.

A personal observation: The article suggests that Xavier will be one of the Army personnel who liberate Mags from the death camp. That's wrong, Xavier's not that old.

:bamf
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Something for Paty

Post by Diablo »

You're right ! Xavier isn't THAT old !!
The first time he fought Nazis, it was with an older Magnus against Baron Von Strucker, nein ??
Hey, you draw this story if I remember well, Dave.
www.atlantys.biz

Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Something for Paty

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Originally posted by Dark Bamf
No, actually, she ran around the house giggling and whooping.

A personal observation: The article suggests that Xavier will be one of the Army personnel who liberate Mags from the death camp. That's wrong, Xavier's not that old.

Yeah- if anything, I figured they'd move his wartime record up from Korea to Vietnam.... Wonder if Cain's gonna be in hiis unit?

They could always go with the angle that X-Men Evolution took- where it was Wolverine and Captain America who liberated Mags. That was a kick-ass episode.

Oh- btw Dave- someting for you. look at the new cover for AXM #7:

http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstlook ... n7cvr.html

EDIT- Actually, here's a better pic of Petey's new costume from teh cover of Wizard

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/_gfx_/mag ... 9-XMEN.jpg
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Something for Paty

Post by Dark Bamf »

What the hell's Beast wearing? X-diapers? :LOL:LOL:LOL

'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Something for Paty

Post by Diablo »

I kinda liked the costume Beast was wearing during Morrison's run. At last, he looked like a gentleman.
I'm not a big fan of the "X-diappers". Hank Mc Coy is a well-educated person. He should have better tastes...
www.atlantys.biz

Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

Something for Paty

Post by Paty »

:mags
the whole new costume magilla sucks! they're awful. At least in some of the books they still have wolvie with a flared mask whic is so much more stylish. And the bellybutton thing with all the females is disgusting. One I could see... but all of them??? gimme a break.
They ought to have a real costume designer...like Dave... do them...OH>.. but he DID do them years ago... and a lot better than what we are getting now. The only one I don't mind id storm's...but Marvel girl's is so pudpullers fantasy it isn't even funny.
OOg...

And thanks for the heads up. Before I read this, my good friend Rivka had alerted me tothe news!!! YYYYYAAAAAAYYYYY....I really wanna see this one get made! I know there's many a slip...but I hope this really goes through. It will set in stone some of Mags early history... and that needs to be done. Claremont is starting to do it over in Excalibur..FINALLY...so let us hope he is tight with Avi Arad and Avi takes his advice on the character... since he is the originator of Magneto's backstory which certain incompetant writers seem to want to ignore. Hehehehehehheheee

paty goggles around the house...

LOL
paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
Isaac Perlmutter , Alan Fine, Alex Alonso and Nick Lowe at
Marvel Entertainment Inc.
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
:magneto
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Something for Paty

Post by Diablo »

Yep. Dave's costumes are still the best !
Kurt's, Ororo's, Mystique's,... Nobody surpassed that.
And after Magneto, I want a Nightcrawler movie !! :yes:
OK, lots and lots of make-up hours...
www.atlantys.biz

Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Something for Paty

Post by Paty »

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!
It's not enough that he is in the second X Movie and will most probably be in the third, too? LOL OK... I cann't argue... but I wish technology would catch up enough to let them fit him with a body harness for the tail so he soesn't have to wear baggy circus trousers...and they put him in Dave's costume for the third movie.

wouldn't that be a hoot!!

LOL
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Something for Paty

Post by Diablo »

Yes, Dave's costume would be great... but for circus scenes !
In the movies, those wonderful clothes just don't work the way they do in comic-books.
For instance, if Magneto had to really wear his purple underpants, no one would ever listen to him !! :LOL
www.atlantys.biz

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Something for Paty

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

And the bellybutton thing with all the females is disgusting. One I could see... but all of them??? gimme a break.
~Paty
At least Kitty's covered up:D
They could always go with the angle that X-Men Evolution took- where it was Wolverine and Captain America who liberated Mags. That was a kick-ass episode.
~Nightcrawler ZERO
I agree, that episode was great, especially when Magneto said, "A little boy from Poland thanks you" (something like that)

Back to the topic... I really want to see this movie, especially seeing him and Charles as friends, and if they follow Ultimate X-Men, seeing Mags crippling Xavier
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Something for Paty

Post by Diablo »

Xavier and Magneto against Baron Von Strucker : THAT would rock !! And them together building Cerebro. And the end of their (first) friendship, of course.
But please. No Magneto crippling Xavier ! This idea was Milligan's, yes ? Just awful. :(
www.atlantys.biz

Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Something for Paty

Post by Paty »

OOg... I agree. that little bit of nastiness is one of the reasons I discount Ultimate X books altogether. How those little boyos hate him and want to destroy any sympathy for or interest in him.

Yeah, I guess if Sir Ian is gonna play Mags, we cannot have him in his colors... at least not the traditional colors! that takes a BOD! But the tunic costume could very well do for Mags today. Of course, if they do early Mags with a hunk, they could still do the original costume...drool...
I would still like to see him in purple and red rather than black. I hated the all black costumes of X one and two... Cyke's comment "what do you want? Yellow spandex?" should have been answered with a resounding 'YES!"...um ... at least from wolvie...LOL

It was a cute thing and a nod to the comics, of course. But the X team needs some color. All black makes them look sinister. Especially that nasty blueblack visor that seems spiritgummed to Scott's face. They should give him back his ruby glasses for when ne is in mufti. The blue fisor is ugly. they should give him back his gold one...it lights up his face and makes the blue costume sem less sinister and dark.

My bugaboos with costumes have usually been with the female costumes. High heels, too much skin in vunerable areas exposed...Humongous breasts on the females...nekkid bellybutons all over the place even in the middle of the winter...and it isn't only the X books... it is an industry wide problem that will probably never be addressed since the people drawing comics these days are young males...who want to see spike heels, nekkid bellybuttons, too much skin and humongous boobs. Damn little for anyone else reading the books. there's actually some guys out there who like small breasts! LOL...I won't even go into what female readers want...well... besides my own quibbles...

They could go with color for costumes...and it doesn't have to be the very vivid color of the books. But it should be something besides basic black...these are heroes, for cry eye! Not the blues brothers. It works with Spidey, Supes et al... why not the X folk?

As Dave mentioned, however... I have a problem with Xavier being old enough to be in the liberating force. Xavier is not as old as Mags.. theoretically, at any rate. Let us hope they get input from someone who knows the mythos. Claremont would be the best one to advise onthe storyline for a magneto movie... and I am sure Avi Arad knows this... since he based the original personna of mags in the movie on Claremont's Magneto from God Loves, Man Kills. but we shall see. I want any news of this project as soon as possible... hot that all you web watchers!!!???

YOWZA!!!
LOL
Paty
... and the glitches still abound! I am still not getting notification of replies to threads I have posted on...is it just me or is everyone else having a similar problem? If no one else is having a problem, I would like to know why glitches are specific... if everyone is having trouble , it is another reason to change servers... since this one cannot seem to deal with the needs of the forum.
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Something for Paty

Post by Diablo »

Concerning the costumes... I really like the black ones for the movie.
You see, the strength of the X-Men characters -and Dave's characters particularly- is that they DON'T NEED costumes.
One can easily recognize Kurt, Ororo, Logan, Rogue, Cyclops, Magneto in civil clothes.
It's not like the Avengers (Pym=Hawkeye=Cap) or some DC characters (Superman=Batman=Captain Marvel)
The visual characters are the best ones for me.
www.atlantys.biz

Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Something for Paty

Post by Paty »

Yeah... but half the FUN of superdoops are the costumes!!! They get to wear outlandish colors and CAPES! and boots with flares...and ...and... CAPES!!! ...and helmets and shields and...did I mention...CAPES!!!?
Capes are the most fun of all... they can be imposing like batman's or simple, like supes...or grandiose like Thor's or billowing and wonderful like Magneto's... when done right, that is...LOL.
Ya don't see capes too much in modern day real life...sigh... so we gotta have them in fantasy... like our superdoops!!!
They add drama and presence...and they can keep ya warm in cold weather!!!
Ya gotta have capes and flowing stuff...it's...it's ... essential!!!

Black is sooo dreary except for Bats...on whom it makes sense! He's a freakin fllying mouse, for cry eye!!! No... I take that back... they have now decided that bats are primates... just like us humans. Hmmm.. that raises some verrrrry interesting questions about Manbat, doesn't it? any thoughts about that? LOL...

But without the colorful costumes, the X people looke like a band of thugs to me.It makes them dark... and this works for Batman... but not for theX team in my book.
Color sets the mood and tells you something about the person wearing it. Idon't like the X folk in black overall. storm looks good in black or white... but the rest of them need some color. And Mags needs his red and purple...cuz they have subliminal significance for him...and it goes well with his white hair...LOL
I do like the Loprisi art with the black and red costume but the problem with McKellan wearing a formfitting spandex type of costume is a biggie. The tunic one from Avengers Disassembled would work well for him and I hoped that might indicate a direction for the next movie costume. We shall see, I guess.
But I really hated the total black look for the characters in the X movies. They tried to mitigate that by having Mags costume have a sheen of red...but it didn't work...especially in the dark cave-like homebase of the first movie. We need to se contrast between the backgrounds and the characters... and if the backgrounds are dark and badly lit, the characters have to be colorful to stand out.

I do hope they try to introduce more color into the costumes for the next movie... Phoenix is not gonna do well as a black costumed puritan... that's for sure! sigh...Oh, gosh... the Phoenis is a BLACKBIRD!!! no..that's the PLANE, stupid... I got the feeling they were all putting on wetsutits..OK... wheres the flippers? Honest! that's how I felt when I saw the damn black costumes!
At least they gave mags his helmet... and a reason for it, too! Like everything has to have a reason... besides the logical one..protetion of the head in battle and falling debris...just like firemen and construction workers! Duhhhhh...
I want Mags in his COLORS!!! And I want nighty in his circus costume if that is the right one...LOL The blind eye didn't see the posters... I shall have to dig out my tape of the movie and look again...sigh..
been wanting to, anyway...

paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
BH123
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Something for Paty

Post by BH123 »

Originally posted by Nightcrawler ZERO
What?!? I never even heard about that episode. Is it on DVD yet? Sorry, I'm a big fan of Cap. I really enjoy it when he gets to interact with the X-Men cast. That, and Evolution was a great show (I watched it all the time when it was on Cartoon Network).
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Something for Paty

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

The episode is called "Operation Rebirth", it's in season two I believe... The episode involves Wolverine remembering his time in the war, with Captain America. I don't really want to ruin it for you, but Magneto is an important part of the episode. :mags: I think this episode is really one of the best, I can't help but enjoy a cameo episode:D
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Something for Paty

Post by Paty »

sorry I have been away for a while, folks... went north to NY with Boo to settle some last ditch legal stuff of hers, visited with my sons who stilllive in that cold forbidding land and just got back today after outrunning an ice/sleet storm that nearly got us! LOL... we beat feet outta there on wednesday morning and caught the leading edge of the storm that slammed the region yesterday and today.

Having never seen some of the Evolution cartoons, I didn't know that they had broached that point in them. I do know it was played around with and sort of suggested in an oblique way in one of the regular comics... but for the life of me I cannot remember whether it was possibly alluded to in the Wolverine comic or Captain America's own book...or maybe even one of the X books itself.
I just remember hearing that it was being suggested as a possibility that Wolvie and Cap were in the crew that liberated Auschwitz... but in reallife, It may have been russian troops that liberated the camp. I shall have to ask Rivka... she's up on stuff like that...LOL...or maybe Tilman...although i haven't seen him posting here lately.

In any event, it is most interesting that they chose to go forward with that sotryline in Evolution. Are they putting the episodes on tape or DVD? I have tapes of the early X cartoons, but have never seen the Evo ones...every time I tried to find them, I couldn't...but since the Evo cartoons portrayed the Magster as a lot more villainous than earlier ones, I have never fretted about not seeing them.
but if anyone knows more about this, it would be nice to hear the infl.

and a Happy New Year to all of you wonderful people here at Nightscrawlers!
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Something for Paty

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

They have a few DVD's... they aren't in order though, they are put together in episode content, like a DVD just for Mystique and stuff like that. I think they should just put the seasons on DVD, I'd buy it:D........... found it
http://www.televisionmedia.net/Browse_I ... VD_Box_Set

but I also found one that leads me to believe Cap is on it, don't know why, just call it a hunch:LOL

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ance&s=dvd

enjoy, I'm off to scrounge around for $100:D
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Something for Paty

Originally posted by Paty

In any event, it is most interesting that they chose to go forward with that sotryline in Evolution. Are they putting the episodes on tape or DVD? I have tapes of the early X cartoons, but have never seen the Evo ones...every time I tried to find them, I couldn't...but since the Evo cartoons portrayed the Magster as a lot more villainous than earlier ones, I have never fretted about not seeing them.
but if anyone knows more about this, it would be nice to hear the infl.

and a Happy New Year to all of you wonderful people here at Nightscrawlers!
Paty
So far seasons 1 and 2 are on DVD. This particular episode is on a DVD with cover art prominently featuring Cap.
BH123
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Something for Paty

Post by BH123 »

Originally posted by Blue_Demon94

but I also found one that leads me to believe Cap is on it, don't know why, just call it a hunch:LOL

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ance&s=dvd
Ah hah! Thank you very much for pointing that one out :)

X-Men: Evolution was a really fun series. I was disappointed when Cartoon Network stopped running it.
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Something for Paty

Post by Paty »

wow...I checked out the link, BD, and the boxed set that sells for a hundred bucks is the entire four seasons all on thirteen discs! Now that's wht way to put out a series!
the tapes i have of early X men series have one episode per tape and it sure seems a waste of plastic to me...not to mention storage room! LOL
this looks fine! Lessee... now where can i scrounge an extra hundred dollars around here?...LOLOL

Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Something for Paty

Originally posted by Paty
wow...I checked out the link, BD, and the boxed set that sells for a hundred bucks is the entire four seasons all on thirteen discs! Now that's wht way to put out a series!
the tapes i have of early X men series have one episode per tape and it sure seems a waste of plastic to me...not to mention storage room! LOL
this looks fine! Lessee... now where can i scrounge an extra hundred dollars around here?...LOLOL

Paty
Can you link me directly to that boxed set, paty?
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Something for Paty

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Can you link me directly to that boxed set, paty?
It's the first link I provided:D