Nightcrawler & Spider-Man

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

JUST GOT MARVEL TEAM-UPS SPIDER-MAN & NIGHTCRAWLER!!

SO EXCITED!!
SO AWESOME!! :spidey :spidey :spidey :bamf :bamf :bamf :bamf
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

TELL ME MORE, DUH? Is this s/t old or new or WHAT. Links, boy, we needs us some LINKS.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'm scanning it once I get home!
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Nachtkriec
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nachtkriec »

i soooo need to see this!
Der Unglaubliche Nachtkriec!
The Incredible Nightcrawler!
http://www.midtowncomics.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/
(those arent my websites)
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So it was pretty much exactly what you would expect.

The two cracked jokes about themselves, the villains, and their respective co-workers, they did insane acrobatics, and being it's a little dated, there is some nonsensical narration on the bottom and little stars all over to tell you what issue stuff happened in. (I hate that!)

Otherwise, GREAT COMIC!!
Master of Chaos
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Master of Chaos »

I need to read this right now! Two of my favorite superheros in one comic! :shocked
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Okay, so when you say "Being it's a little dated," do you men it's an older issue? If so, which one? I might have read it at the libary or something. I think the only Nighty-Spidey one I have involves an assasination attempt at the circus. Some cute Crawler antics in that one, esp at beginning. I have an old Spidey-Beast teamup too (I think against some type of Multiple Man).
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

The Marvel Team-up with Spider-Man and Nightcrawler is #89. Then there are the two Amazing Spider-Man #'s 161 and 161 with Nightcrawler and the Punisher. I think he must have the Marvel Team-Up from 1979.

Sorry, meant to say the Marvel Team-Up was the circus issue. Edited to correct. :)

[Edited on 10/3/10 by neling4]
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Thanks, Neling, you always have the scoop on Nighty. :D #89, "Shootout Over Center Ring," is the one I have. Love the scene in the car trunk. I also read (in one of the Essentials from the library) one where they first kind of meet, and each thinks the other has killed a person, so (in classic Marvel style) they begin as adversaries and end as allies.

Recently checked out a collection of Spidey Team-ups, but unfortunately there was a total lack of Crawlage. He did team with Daredevil and the X-men and stuff, but ... waah.

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

I never understood why Peter Parker and Kurt weren't real good friends. I mean, they both have positive attitudes and a good sense of humor and both enjoy their powers and abilities. (At least the old Peter did.....I haven't kept up with Spider-man so I don't know if he's changed a lot since the "old days".) But they can defiinitely keep up with each other, and would make a fantastic team.....the villains wouldn't know what was happening until it was all over.

:love(I'd love to see a movie scene with those two at their best criss-crossing all over the place a la the White House scene in X2).
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Honestly, I think they're the same in personality but not temperament, if that makes any sense. I think their attitudes may be the same but their behavior is different.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Oh yeah, Peter is way more melancholic, while Nighty is fairly sanguine. Some write Kurt as depressed but I think his basic orientation is optimism, whereas in a lot of ways, Parker never really grew up emotionally. Who was the one costume whinin' in self-pity during that House of M conference where they were deciding whether or not to off Scarlet? (or maybe it was another convo? but you guys know the one I mean)

And which issue do you have, Bman? Is it # 89?

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

I didn't know that about Spidey.:(

Maybe Kurt could slap his tail upside the boy's head and knock some of that self-pity out of there.......and then they could be friends.:)
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Yeah, I need to write some fics with them as buddies. It'd be fun. Maybe do a sequel to "All's Fair"where they plot revenge on Wolverine.

You could take the idea if you wanted. (And don't give me this "I don't write" stuff. No time like the present to start.) I'm a bit snowed under at the mo.

But, yeah, Spidey and Nighty as wall-crawling amigos does appeal, esp since they are both so funny. Maybe Steyn could write one where Deadpool trades wisecracks as he tries to assassinate them. (How could he resist a word with two ass's in it?)

Nachtkriec
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nachtkriec »

Elfdame wrote:Thanks, Neling, you always have the scoop on Nighty. :D #89, "Shootout Over Center Ring," is the one I have. Love the scene in the car trunk. I also read (in one of the Essentials from the library) one where they first kind of meet, and each thinks the other has killed a person, so (in classic Marvel style) they begin as adversaries and end as allies.

Recently checked out a collection of Spidey Team-ups, but unfortunately there was a total lack of Crawlage. He did team with Daredevil and the X-men and stuff, but ... waah.
i read part of that one! it was good,
also i just finish my shirt that says wall-crawler fan with a pic of nighy on it, now i am working one that says the same but for my brother and has spiderman on it :)

[Edited on 29/3/10 by Nachtkriec]
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

I'd love it if you were able to take some photos of the shirts (inlcuding the Spidey ones -- Ult_Sm86 & I are not the only ones who like him). They could go in either the Whaddaya Look Like? or Nighty fashion threads. Hint, hint. ;)

Nachtkriec
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nachtkriec »

okay! i will take some pics when im done!
deadpixiedust
Lubber
Lubber

Post by deadpixiedust »

Jeremus wrote:I never understood why Peter Parker and Kurt weren't real good friends. I mean, they both have positive attitudes and a good sense of humor and both enjoy their powers and abilities. (At least the old Peter did.....I haven't kept up with Spider-man so I don't know if he's changed a lot since the "old days".) But they can defiinitely keep up with each other, and would make a fantastic team.....the villains wouldn't know what was happening until it was all over.

:love(I'd love to see a movie scene with those two at their best criss-crossing all over the place a la the White House scene in X2).
Wolverine took over. That's what...

@ ULT_SM86 ! I agree on your assessments of their personalities. Hence the term "Cheer up, Tiger!" MJ had to snap him out of it many times. I would have loved for a panel where Kurt popped out of no where and bamfed him somewhere odd just for the lols. But alas... he is dead. Perhaps I'll write a fic... :naughty
*.*.*.deadpixiedust.*.*.*
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

ooo have this somewhere. Nightie was ugly then (as he is supposed to!)
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”