Recent Kurt Computer Stuff

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So has anyone seen ANY recent Kurt Desktops, icons, or things of that sort, 'casue I was digging through here the other day and everything stops pretty short at about 2003/4. :(

I know there are fans but I can't find their work (I did try other sites, yes), and I'm wondering if anyone has any plans to use any of the recent Kurt comics (the one-shot, the upcoming origins, his "role" in X-Men Legacy) to create some fine wallpapers or... dare I even say, one more new banner for the rotating set we have on this very forum?

It's just strange that such a loved character gets so much talk (there's that other site, blue-fuzzy-elf or whatever it was), and so much hype, but for the last few years I have not been able to find ANY decent fanart.
HALP? :oops:

- Ultimate :spidey
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Have you looked at the Wolverine and the X-men site? That would prolly be ensemble stuff, but maybe someone has cropped stuff down to Kurt only? This and thiswere the best I could find in a brief search.

All I know is, I went thru a Kurt-desktop phase for a couple months, and Hubby asked me when I was gonna switch from That Blue Guy back to Spidey. Hmph. Same reaction to the Viggo Mortensen King Aragorn poster. So I switched back to the parrot wallpaper, with a brief interlude for Pope Benedict XVI.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So... I don't know if you guys are seeing it the way I'm seeing it but.... Kurt is definitely getting snookered here.

let's start with marvel.com

Marvel has great wallpapers--If you like untampered with, plain, screenshots, from various comics enlarged on your screen. Don't get me wrong, that's great a lot of the time, but here are the flaws in that kind of wallpaper.
1- You'll only get something as creative as the artist, or you'll get pictures of kurt flooded with the team... fighting Hulk. And he's in the background teleporting.

2 - not a lot of Kurt going on now so all of that has been seen/dated, and what parts of Kurt there have been recently, I guess is not worthy enough of wallpapering by Marvel.com.

It's not that the site doesn't have great wallpapers, but it's more like... I've been through all of 'em already :LOL

-Googling pictures from Wolverine & The X-Men or even Evolution:
Unfortunately Wolverine & The X-Men has not been around long enough to get some real prolific artwork, or at least none that I've found (hence the post here), though Kriec, you found some interesting character pictures I haven't seen before, (And Elfdame, I hadn't seen the one of Kurt on the ship, and it's cool but I think the same argument for Marvel.com can be said for that one) but I can't seem to find any good desktops with this version of Kurt. (Am starting to wonder why I don't learn photoshop and do it myself). However, this is not meant to deter you from searching for yourselves, brigadiers! Eventually when you keep digging you'll find some gold. (Rarely I find a Kurt Gem, but it's happened)

The Good News is, I think I'm able to now specify.

Is there any good ORIGINAL, Kurt-Based, Artwork/Wallpapers (<--specifically that), Banners, or Icons out there, that are not necessarily just someone's funky illustration of Kurt, but maybe some super, photoshopped enhanced, fun stuff?

I say it this way because I can find wallpapers similar to how I just described, for Avatar: The Last Airbender, Spidey, the Ninja Turtles, and even Megaman or Mario, but never have I ever found anything past 03/04 of kurt like this! It's like all the people making desktops graduated art school and now work for DC or Chuck Austen.
(:smirk)

[Edited on 11/3/10 by Ult_Sm86]
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Nachtkriec
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nachtkriec »

Der Unglaubliche Nachtkriec!
The Incredible Nightcrawler!
http://www.midtowncomics.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/
(those arent my websites)
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

lol, Every single one has the "403: FORBIDDEN" for a link.

And yes, I have the kind of time that I checked every. Single. One. :toothy
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

Vector image of Nightcrawler from Wolverine and the X-Men
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

If you have Firefox, I found a Persona for Kurt stuff. Haven't tried it, not crazy about it, not sure how these things fall in the realm of legality. But at least it's Crawler-centric. :D
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Nachtkriec
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nachtkriec »

they cancled wolverine and the x-men! now there will never be any really good art on google :(
Der Unglaubliche Nachtkriec!
The Incredible Nightcrawler!
http://www.midtowncomics.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/
(those arent my websites)
Cyntosis
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Cyntosis »

I've made some wallpapers for personal use. Maybe you guys'll like them too. They're extremely simple cause I like my desktop that way.
(It's official art from pin-ups and comic panels)
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7026/indianakurt.jpg
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3073/kurtwall.jpg
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/7484/bamfpaperjpg.jpg

I've played around with Firefox personas too, but I made them specifically for my screen so they probably won't work for others.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Todd Nauk drew this for his Twitter fans:

I keep tell you guys to get twitter, and everyone thinks I'm crazy!
I follow Brian Michael Bendis, Brian Reeds, Humberto Ramos, Dan Slott, Todd Nauck obviously, and various underlings in the comic industry. It's very fun, inside scoop-ish.

>Cyntosis:
Those are amazing, if you ever have more...
:sketchy >_> POST 'EM!! I have already shared with my friends, they love the black/white one!

[Edited on 28/5/10 by Ult_Sm86]