Hello... um again

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
BAMFCentralII
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Hello... um again

Post by BAMFCentralII »

Okay been absent for awhile, dont have my old email account my original accout was tied too. Soooo if no one minds i'll do a II to my orig name.

See a few old familiar names still scrawling about here. and several new ones.

No Bamfcentral.com isn't making a return, for those that remember it or may be curious. I lost my job, and my job was who was kind enough to host it, didn't have another person to host it so I let the domain expire. I've thought about it an honestly, the work needed to reboot it isn't something i can commit to. And towards the end of it's demise i didn't have the time to do the upkeep with out help... so D if your out there i appreciate the help you gave me towards the end.I do have some the files/pix etc still but the main SQL database and main html files are lost in the internet either. As i've searched the internet a lot of the content i had posted has foudn its way on other sites, so it's tech out there, much like the truth.

Short story short. No job, got divorced, experienced a really bad g/f and now stable at a new programming gig. so eh...

lol YAY my artie smilie is still here.
:sammy

though i see some mine been replaced by some cool other ones.

so who of the original gaurd is still here?
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Hello... um again

Post by neling4 »

Hi! I don't know if you remember me? I may have joined after you left, but I enjoyed your site very much.

Welcome back!
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Hello... um again

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

WOW!
Bamfcentral!
Holy TOLIDOS BATMAN!

Long time no see!

How ya doin' man? In the hay day I was Bamfman86, dunno if you remember me.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Hello... um again

Post by Angelique »

Welcome back!!!
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Hello... um again

Post by Elwing »

Hey Bamfcentral! Welcome back!
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Hello... um again

Post by kladyelf »

Wow Bamfcentral!

I remember many happy hours visiting and revisiting (and revisiting and revisiting :P) your website for all the Nightcrawler stuff... and yes for the animated intro page too, i admit it!

I was, will be and currently am *checks, yep* still Kladyelf, can't remember if we actually interacted here ... i've had a long time away from this place too... either way, welcome back and *hugs* for the sucky stuff that has happened
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Hello... um again

Post by Jeremus »

I remember BamfCentral! That was a great site!
It's nice to meet you.
BAMFCentralII
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Hello... um again

Post by BAMFCentralII »

been a bit i recognize a few ppl but sadly some the names escape me :/

the collectibles and animation sections were two of my favs and easiest to get me movtivated to update. When i saw Kurt was going to appear in Wolv n X-men i was tempted to do a small site on the animation, but there are several people that have it covered i wouldn't add anything new :P biggest leap i made there was to download the kurt episodes off Itunes, now if they will just upload pryde fo the x-men and the NC episodes from the 90's x-men show i'd b happy. The Nightcrawler page was my personal bane, odd considering it's why i started the site. It just got to fleshed out and became difficult to maintain. The powers and costumes were the two parts that were the easiest to update, well at least the way i set up the database.

And thanks to everyone for the greetings. Will try to contribute to forum though given current status quo not sure what exactly to chat about... i picked up x-factor 26 b/c i saw kurt was in it was a bit of a well that sux moment at the end... Soo, I guess i really don't need to ask what's new in teh world of Kurt from anyone.. Sady i just started randomly picking up comics again so interesting re-intro into it. I do find a lot has changed since i stopped collecting and it was not so easy to just jump in on a story, siege is probably the only thing i'm fully watching right now. Off topic but the whole DC red robin thing just confuses me, how'd he age so quick. Bout the only true thing i didn't get rid of were my non sport NC cards. But sadly over 2,000+ comics and several other items (busts, trinkets) and such were donated to my locale comic store.

It only took colossus 2-3 years to return to the comicbook page so i'm not overtly worried.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Hello... um again

Post by HoodedMan »

Hey BAMFCentral! I'm so happy to see someone still on the boards who's been around for so long! I remember bamfcentral.com too, and for those members who don't know, BAMFCentral was the 8th member to join the boards including its founder; he registered on 6/27/02, the second day of the board's existence.

Yay for our longstanding members! o/

Edit: Can you believe we've been around that long? I myself have been around (as a lurker, not always a poster) for almost SEVEN years. Good God.

[Edited on 5/4/10 by HoodedMan]
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hello... um again

Post by Elwing »

yus, it was a good site, sweet memories. It must have been enormous, and expensive to maintain, because bandwidth and webspace were far more expensive back then. But you were there, and you inspired so many people that I would dare say that this community is here in no small part because of your work.
I made that jumping Nighty animation though. Ripped it from a John Byrne drawing...Those were the days, when we were young and free from scruples :cracked
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Hello... um again

Post by steyn »

Bamfcentral.com was the first place I started reading up on NC, back before the newfangled things like "Wiki" popped up.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Hello... um again

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

BamfCentral.com was my second introduction to all that is "Kurt", after I found this site in late '02 or '03.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
BAMFCentralII
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Hello... um again

Post by BAMFCentralII »

lol yes Elwing added the intro bamf to the site, i had noooo part other than posting the piece, it was a much appreciated addition :) i think i may still have that saved with my colletibles gallery somewhere... my bad i thought that klady was talking about the animation web section itself... reread my mistake. :) My animation skillz outside of smilie creation are sub par. I really shld fully read a post, when i'm coding before commenting sigh.

I'm a database and winform data entry designer, don't do too much pretty stuff. Odd i like doing photography, but i digress.

I did a bouncing ball in flash once nothing as nice as what you did however.

And as much as i did maintain and add bitz and pieces here and there to the site, several original founders of the board here, did help me. elwing with the intro bamf, bamfette with her original smilie set that everyone added onto, i still have many of the ones i created using her template, i see a few are still here. etc... Heck when i got married, Bamfette even ran the site for me for a week :), and towards the end of it's demise Diablo helped me quite a bit, but his life started causing him to have less and less time for it.

lol shudder wiki, yeah some of my orig text is used there as is several straight pulls from marvel.com bios page. Dont get me wrong good resource. I used it to reference a dante's inferno shoot i am working on...

and as i said my site was hosted at my ex works server :) i had over 1 gig of files stored on the server and bout a 5 MB sql database. Sadly though we were a web dev company and my site generated no revenue but was the top site that we hosted, fortunately my boss at the time never found out ;) . Only real issue i ran into is when people started directly linking to content, images etc, and embedding them on the geocities (yahoo nowdays) hosted webpages... had to create a script to prevent the linkage. The bandwidth they were sucking was insane....

eh i really can't take credit for any of this inspiration or not, and i wont. I saw this come online b/c of events that occured at comixfan forums, bamfette and ugh can't rem his name launched this bck in day and the popularity of it really took off. And really inspiration wise all the ideas that people throw together here and as i browse thru the board still do well...
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Hello... um again

Post by Diablo »

It's great to see you back, dude. :)

We came back here at the same time.
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hello... um again

Post by Elwing »

oi, you still have that animation BC? I looked all over my computer and I don't think I have it any more...And neither do I have the software nor the will to make any more like that...
*edit*
Hi Diablo!

gosh, I feel like such an old biddy now...

[Edited on 11-5-2010 by Elwing]
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Hello... um again

Post by Saint Kurt »

I just realized, I've been here for 7 years too. That's a long time in "internet years"...

It's a funny thing how funerals bring people back together. I missed you guys!

-e
BAMFCentralII
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Hello... um again

Post by BAMFCentralII »

i believe i still have it, i have all these backup cds of files of the website, i'll try and dig in there and see if i still have it

hi SK