Weapon X Noir Previews (stars Kurt)

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Cyntosis
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Cyntosis »

Makes me wonder if they're going to be upping his appearances in non-canon lines (Noir, Forever etc) now.

I liked what I saw in X-Men Noir (even though I didn't like the story much), so I might be picking this up. I like way they interpret his power though. Teleportation//escape artist.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

WOW!!

Well he seems to work really well in these others alternate verses so I'm not surprised at all he'd headline Weapon-X Noir. I'm really excited for that though, that's great. I'll have to E-Mail Marvel and thank 'em for cooking that up for us.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Gross! Love the way they play up the pseudo-incest angle... not. They say he's engaged to Szardos then she calls him her brother. :X

This book doesn't make any goddamn sense. "Lady Szardos"? Her country? But she's performing in a circus... wtf is this? I get that it's an alternate universe like 1602 but wtf? wtf? wtf? I'm confused. What kind of ruler pops on a skintight leotard and performs in shows for neighboring lords?
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Drastic, the "Noir" series is alternate.

It's actually very intriguing.

Also, you're not reading it correctly. Lady Szardos is not the queen, it's the lady the Prince WANTS to make his queen 'cause he thinks she's purdy. *snaps fingers* Keep up! :toothy As for the relationship, I didn't see anyone engaged. But hasn't there always been a pseudo-incest relationship between foster Kurt and Foster Szardos-Sister?
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

This looks interesting.....also the fact that he's in Weapon X.

(Why is it that the writers seem to have suddenly found Kurt and Logan's friendship/connection after Kurt died?)
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

This friendship is well written about in canon and other verses.

Ultimate X-Men had Kurt's intro based in Weapon-X (an amazing escape scene), and Millar was sure to include Logan being able to relate to Kurt being treated differently for his appearance/abilities, and being made into a weapon because of them.
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:This friendship is well written about in canon and other verses.

Ultimate X-Men had Kurt's intro based in Weapon-X (an amazing escape scene), and Millar was sure to include Logan being able to relate to Kurt being treated differently for his appearance/abilities, and being made into a weapon because of them.
Did he? I barely recall Logan interacting with Kurt at all until he went bat insane (which was written by Kirkman long after Millar left the book). He was all over Rogue, though.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:Drastic, the "Noir" series is alternate.

It's actually very intriguing.

Also, you're not reading it correctly. Lady Szardos is not the queen, it's the lady the Prince WANTS to make his queen 'cause he thinks she's purdy. *snaps fingers* Keep up! :toothy As for the relationship, I didn't see anyone engaged. But hasn't there always been a pseudo-incest relationship between foster Kurt and Foster Szardos-Sister?
Page 3 "I understand she is betrothed to that Wagner fellow... who was once her foster brother." How could you miss that? Betrothed means engaged. Check a dictionary on those big words you don't know before snapping your fingers at people who can actually read. :P This wasn't the only time they mentioned it either, just the most obvious.

"She and her country will be mine." - This plus calling her "Lady" Szardos makes it look like marrying her will get him the country. In a real court, they don't call random peasants from neighboring countries "Lady" no matter how supple they are. And "evade my clutches"? Like, he's going to have Wagner killed to make way for his own penis? Banging an acrobat is a good time, but it shouldn't be THAT big of a deal for a prince. Marrying an acrobat is even crazier.

Maybe if I read the whole thing it would make more sense, but I kind of doubt it.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:WOW!!

Well he seems to work really well in these others alternate verses so I'm not surprised at all he'd headline Weapon-X Noir. I'm really excited for that though, that's great. I'll have to E-Mail Marvel and thank 'em for cooking that up for us.
You should thank Dennis Calero He is the writer and artist.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

deadpixiedust
Lubber
Lubber

Post by deadpixiedust »

This looked good to me when I saw it on CBR but unfortunately I could not find it at my comics shop... but they had the other Noir series... usually how it is for me... :rolleyes
*.*.*.deadpixiedust.*.*.*