Dave on the X-men Again?

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Dave on the X-men Again?

Post by Entropy »

I thought i read somewhere that Dave will no longer be doing the A. cover.
I hope this isn't true.
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

Dave on the X-men Again?

Post by Paty »

:mags
Unfortunately, it is true. Dave went downhill rapidly about the time he was supposed to be working on the cover. He began dialysis and was so weak that he turned it back to them with his apologies. He just couldn't be sure of doing it on time for them.

Then, just this past weekend, he went back into the hospital for a massive infection. they stil don't know for sure where it is coming from, but he is responding well to antibiotics.I shall keep you all informed of his progress now that Nightscrawlers is back online.

In the meantime... what the hell happened with Nightscrawlers??? It was down for weeks!!! I thought the mods might be changing their servers as they said they wanted to do... but it did seem awfully suspect that it went down just at the time that Marvel was hyping House of m and no one could use it to protest what House of M was gonna do to Mags... and possibly Cap...

I don't believe in coincidences...coincidence is mama nature saying "Hey! YOU! Pay attention!!!" so why the hell was Nightscrawlers down all this time? this may sound paranoid...and I am becoming very paranoid lately.... but that's just how it is. when you become the target of cyber punks simply because they don't like your views on their little tin god... well...Claremont's been getting death threats from them too... Paranoid? no... not really... but observant as hell. there are, to me, no coincidences...none.

In any event, Dave's health doesn't permit him to work at this time. He did make a personal appearance at a local comics shop a couple of weeks ago and it wiped him out. He may, if health permits, try to get to sheldon Drum's Charolette con in June. And I will try to keep the board posted on what is happening with him, if he doesn't get here himself. He is also having trouble with his eyes, due to the diabetes, that make it hard for him to use the computer...specifically to see the keys to type. He uses the hunt and peck method in spite of the fact that once upon a time he was a good typist...sigh...If I had to type that way, I would never get letters posted!!! but apparently that's what he has to do these days... so don't expect too many posts from him.
Although I am sure he will be glad to hear that Nightscrawlers is up and running again. when he does get back from the hospital, I am sure he will try to peek in.

Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
Isaac Perlmutter , Alan Fine, Alex Alonso and Nick Lowe at
Marvel Entertainment Inc.
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
:magneto
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Dave on the X-men Again?

Post by Entropy »

well $&*(
I was hoping it was due to Marvel being stupid and not giving him enough time. This is not good news.
Thanks for keeping us updated Paty.
My best wishes go to Dave.
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Dave on the X-men Again?

Post by Diablo »

Too many good news these days... it couldn't last... :(

I wish Dave will be back soon and able to draw a bit.
Let him know we think about him.
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Dave on the X-men Again?

Post by Paty »

I will surely do so, and thanks for your good wishes! He is better today after they did some surgery on his foot, which they seem to think is the source of the infection. diabetics often have massive foot worries, since they lose feeling in their feet and cannot know when something is wrong there until it lands them in the hospital. Hopefully we are not looking at amputation... cuz he seems to be responding well to the antibiotics... but ya never know.

I will see him later today and will give him your best wishes. It is sogood to talk to the wonderful people here at Nightscrawlers again...
Huggies...
paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Dave on the X-men Again?

Post by Saint Kurt »

No need to be paranoid. The reasons for Nightscrawler's extended outage can be found at the end of this

thread.

-e
BH123
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Dave on the X-men Again?

Post by BH123 »

I've found a preview image of Giant Size X-Men #3 cover. Hope this link works...

http://media.comics.ign.com/articles/61 ... 20475.html

Are those brand new Dave Cockrum pencils on the cover? Dave's signature is on the cover, and I do not recall seeing that drawing before. Looks good, in any case.

Ben H.
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Dave on the X-men Again?

Post by Paty »

Uep... Dave was able to do the original team for the cover of GSX 3. He was supposed to do an eight page story for inside, but fell iss and could not make the deadline for it so he turned it back...with enough time for Neal Adams, who stepped in to help...to do it. Big smoochies to neal! dave was supposed to do an Avengers cover as well, but that fell prey to his health woes, as well.
He recently spent ten days in the hospital for an infection that is now hopefully under control with antibiotics... and he is doing much better.
but it is, indeed, dave's pencils yousee on the main characters.

Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Dave on the X-men Again?

Post by NightPoofer »

I was hoping to see the eight page story for the inside of the pages but being ill I totally understand why he had to turn it back. It's good to know that Dave is getting well now.
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Dave on the X-men Again?

Post by Paty »

dave's health is still up and down. He started dialysis and it is working wonders, but the diabetes kicks in every once in a while and starts a pocket of infection. this kind of thing landed him in the hospital again a couple of weeks ago for ten days! He is home now and doing well again... but diabetes is a nasty, sneaky disease and hits when you think everything is going well... like a hidden land mine.

hopefully, now that dave is on continual antibiotics, that won't be a problem again. and with good weather of summer coming in, his spirits always pick up as he eyes the pool! LOL... which gets opened next week... a bit late but better late than never!

Should he do any artwork again for Marvel, we will be sure to let the fine folk at Nightscrawlers know what and when to look for it, never fear!

LOL
Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020