Question for Dave and Paty

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
multipleman
Lubber
Lubber

Post by multipleman »

Hello Folks; Happy Thanksgiving (A day late); I hope that you both are doing real well; I was wondering about a couple of things?
1. Is Dave planning any personal appearances/cons in '05 ? (Please Dave, do the Megacon in Orlando in Feb !)
2. Does Dave do any personalizing/autographs? I have something I'd like to have auto'd by him.
3. I was wondering about your image galleries; I have some BEAUTIFUL sketches by Dave (some are vintage), that I wonder if you'd be interested in posting on your site?
Best wishes, Gary Hart
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Post by Dark Bamf »

I don't have any personal appearances plannesd yet for '05, except perhaps to the Heroes con in Charlotte, NC. I'll be having to start kidney dialysis sometime in the next few months, and once I do, it will severely restrict my travel.

Yes, I do personalizing & autogra[phing.

As for the image gallery--as you may have noticed, it doesn't worrk. There can't be any additions until it does.

:bamf
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
multipleman
Lubber
Lubber

re: Question for Dave and Paty

Post by multipleman »

Hello Folks; thanks so much for your kind reply; thanks again; Dave, I'll send a SASE along w auto'd items, to you SC address ? that I found in the site. Just wanted to make sure that was OK before I sent. Best, Gary
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Magnetofiend

Post by Paty »

:mags
We got a batch of Marvel Universe books to sign in the mailthe other day... they are signed and on their way back to their originator. Unless your name is Michael instead of Gary , that wasn't you...LOL... but any books that come in to be signed better have a SASE with them or we have a new book or two...or , in this case about a dozen. LOL...it's not that we wouldn't return a book or two... it is just that over the time, postage gets expensive when large batches of comics come in to be signed. The fact that Dave has never once charged for an autograph...well... except for that time at a convention when this guy brought his WHOLE Dave cockrum conllection in to be signed and had to purchase a half hour of Dave's sketching time to get them all signed...LOL...means that all you gotta do is get them here and get them home again. dave will sign them... and so will I, since this last batch had the Universe books in them that i did the aliens in the back of the book...cuz no one else wanted to do them... so they opportuned me and I told them OK...sigh...Horrible thingies... they made me put these little black panties on creatures that probably wouldn't have bothered in their own cultures. PTUI! Damn blue nosed morality bullshit. I mean even the freakin lizard types who would have had their genitals inside!!! OOg...

but I digress...heh... and have been warned by Crawler not to digress or wander from the topic of discussion... even to give a pertinant example... heh... the boy doesn't kn0w me very well... does he?

Ha!
paty
:mags
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
Isaac Perlmutter , Alan Fine, Alex Alonso and Nick Lowe at
Marvel Entertainment Inc.
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
:magneto
klwiggs
Lubber
Lubber

Post by klwiggs »

I have some questions for Dave about Nightcrawler's powers.

In comics when Kurt teleports to a location, does the smoke or teleportation appear first?

How long does the smoke linger?

Can Kurt kill himself by teleporting blind into a wall or the ground?
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

Hi, Paty here... I shall alert Dave to this question. He has not been on the board much these days since he has been having eye trouble connected with the diabetes and is scheduled for eye surgery next week... so hopefully, after that he will be able to see the computer writing again and post his own answers.

From what I understand, they dealt with that in canon and if I am mistaken, somebody correct me...
to teleport to a location, Kurt passes through a demonic realm, which is where the brimstone smoke and smell comes from. He opens a dimensional portal, pops into it and opens a dimensional portal where he wants to be and pops out. the smoke escapes when the dimensional door opens on either end. It does not linger long... but is potent when it appears...LOL and a lot of jokes have been made over the years about the smell... if not the smoke, itself...LOL
As to the last question, yes, Kurt could kill himself by materializing somewhere where there is no space for him to inhabit. A steel wall, a concrete piling... even plaster would not be a happy landing place for him. He has to be very careful to visualize where he is going or he could step out of the demon world into a very inhospitibla place that could killhim before he could bamf out of it.

Hope that answers your questions. I am sure dave could elaborate on this phenomenon so I shal tell him to see if he can come over and address it.
LOL
paty

Ps... Has Nightscrawlers been down? this is the first post from the board I have gotten in a long while...
P.
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write support the Claremont Magneto! Cast a vote for complexity in characterization! And write to protest THE USELESS KILLING OF NIGHTCRAWLER !!!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by LadyErin »

As far a I know, it hasn't been down...I, personaly, haven't been here much because I had a the proverbial sh-uhem-crap hit the fan....and well...the last couple of months haven't been so pleasent and I didn't wanted to bother anyone with it.
http://lady_erin.livejournal.com
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Want to IM me? U2U me for the screenname.
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

Heh...
Yeah, I hear that. I went through a whole THING myself with an overactive thyroid that was making me the ultimate bitch of the western world.
Hope your trials and tribs are settling down. It is good to see ya back, Lady Erin.

Oh, and dave said my answers about Nighty were bang on. He may get back to more active participation after his eyes get operated on next week... hopefully... but at least the quesion go answered...LOL...

Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Post by Dark Bamf »

Yeah, the Patster is right on with her Nightcrawler remarks.

BTW, I'm just back from surgery on my left eye. I have to wear a patch for a couple days, and take it easy--no heavy lifting, no laying horizontal--for a week or so. But other than that the doc saw no complications, and once he cleared away the haze, he was also able to use the laser to burn away a couple of bleeder capillaries in my retina.

In a month or so I'll be sufficiently recovered to order new glasses, whi ch I'm badly in need of.

:bamf
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

... and maybe after that, he can get back to DRAWING!!!
LOL
paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by LadyErin »

Should be about another month of this limbo-ish hell actuall, Paty...but should get better after that.

Dave! I am glad to see you! Finally! Welcome back!
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Paty
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Paty »

He had post surgery checkup and the surgeon was so pleased with how the eye looked that he said it looked like a week old post op and no scarring from the interior bleeds and former laser surgery... so that is good. He said dave will have some haziness for a bit but it should clear up fine.
Now, if they could only find something to help optic neuropathy... although I understand they are working on it... but the research involves using stem cell tech... and the stupid religious nuts are putting roadblocks on that research. May they go blind... then we will see how fast the research progresses... HA!

Paty
Magneto Rules!
Xavier drools!
Write to :
135 W 50th Street
New York, NY 10020
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by LadyErin »

Glad to hear about Dave!

Or may they see the benefits for all the chldren with SCI's...