this coffee tastes like ass

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Re: this coffee tastes like ass

Post by Scumfish »

Close friend died of aggressive lung cancer this morning.

RIP Colin Johnson. Gonna miss you :(
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

So, weird little incident that has my paranoia all riled up.

I was at work yesterday but at the house someone came by and asked if I lived there...didn't say what they wanted or anything but apparently had some sort of nametag that Bill didn't manage to read.

So after all the things that have been happening and the whole almost getting a warrant out for my arrest because I'm too busy paying other bills to ever be allowed to take care of my own I'm paranoid about what this person wanted.
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Post by JackSkulls »

Crappy day today, prolly have pink eye, work sucked ass and to top it off this is the day after I burned the hell outa my hand
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Wait, how'd you get pink-eye?
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

He doesn't. He's just paranoid because of his brother's eye infection.

In other news, I hate debt collectors that call at 8:30 in the morning. ...Or at all, really, seeing as I have absolutely no money.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Talking to my husband on Skype would be a lot more enjoyable- if I could get Skype to work more reliably!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Yes you can watch your movies for your homework on my PS3 you fucking dugong. Don't worry, you don't need to ask. Of course it's okay.

What a dingus. At least I wasn't planning on playing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood on my only day off this week.

-... Oh wait.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ferguson »

I think I really need to find a couch to crash on until I can save up enough for my train ticket.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I had what is easily the #2 worst day ever.

I got rear - ended. I tried to be nice, (only bumper cracked) got her information, gave her mine, put hers in my auto-manual book. (With the rest of my info including registration/shit). Stupid 19 year old girl who probably was texting. Been there, didn't want to share that experience. Thought I was being a great guy.

Brought said book into the school (where I got rear ended) waiting for Mom to call me back to tell me what to do with said information, being that I was dropping off Jaime's bag I hung out with the Newspaper staff. They told me to report it to the cops, which I had avoided to be nice. They said her father will probably say that I backed up into her, or have her say that.

So
I got to my car, went out and got gas, and then halfway down the road I freaked out. The book. It asn't there.

I turned back, called the Newspaper office. It' snot there. I pulled over, tore my car apart. Not there.

I had put it on my roof when I was juggling the phone talking to my Aunt (NOT MY MOM WHO TOOK TWO HOURS TO CALL ME BACK), and the box of stuff now that I'm not a staffer on the Paper and no oen came out with me to help. So the book was on my roof.
I drove away.
The book came off my roof.

The book has all of my information.

And all of hers.

Now on top of that my boss is trying to make me come in on Saturday the 10th which I explicitly asked for off. This is my Niece's birthday party. First birthday. In Connecticut. Not exactly near Northern Rhode Island (Touches Mass).

FML.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Woke up feeling like hell which was my own fault but hey. Had Scott mad at me for not getting up sooner to help him with kidlet. Then my parents come over and since I had to work tonight I drove separately and they took the kid in my dad's car. She fell asleep and when we drop off my car at mom's house she goes inside to get something but not before giving me a random death glare.

My dad then tells me its because she thought the kid should have been fed before she went to sleep and that I 'just don't take care of that baby.' Raaaaage. So much rage.

So I've been in a piss poor mood all day complete with tense silences and glaring... and hung over.

Now I'm sitting at a horrid school board meeting next to a woman who is sick as a damn dog and I was late to the fucking meeting. And since I was running late I almost ran out of gas for the first time since I was a retarded 19 year old.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

See what drinking on a weekday leads to? ;)

Don't worry Slarti, at the end of the day, everything works out. You should stand up in the school board meeting though and shout "DOES ANYOEN REALLY CARE?!"

(Unless its' to discuss kids going on same-sex-prom-dates or something, then it's a big deal. Don't do that.)
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Aaaand I come home to find that granny has been in my room, and a very nice fine bone china cup that was broken when I got it is now well and truly broken as she decided to just take it, "wash" it and put it away in the main cupboard, instead of leaving it alone on display in my room.

I thought telling her to stay out of my room the first three times would be enough - I have to lock my bedroom door again.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

Can I please just die already.
Thank you.
*fine bone china is to die for.
Also, I got diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome today, but it is too litte, too late, and I'm half way in my life, and I have no hope left for the next half.
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Elwing I know many many people who have aspergers and function just fine. It's 100% confidence.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Ty just called. Apparently, he had to leave work early, bit his lip, and bled two cups of blood, so his girlfriend is taking him to a walk-in clinic.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

It's not the Asperger's syndrome in itself- Many can function great with this, and the specific way of analytic thinking that comes with it can be a great boon, when understood and properly managed. The problem in my case is that is that it wasn't, and all I ever learned was to hide and be ashamed of my symptoms. I never learned to use the advantages, and I only learned to desperately compensate for the social abilities that were not given to me, and hate myself for my many faults. And this brings on great stress which leads to chronic depression.
Asperger's syndrome as a diagnosis was only added to the books in 1994. By that time I was 24 and very damaged. Also, being female didn't help. This is apparently rare in women; I slipped trough the nets for a long time, and now I'm probably too old to be fixed.
I have gained a great deal of insight into my problems in recent years, but I have great difficulty breaking out of the negative thought pattern that is deeply ingrained. I am exhausted, and I just wish for peace, rest, a way out.
But I'm still here, and I'm fighting, and I hope I will not let you down, because you do not deserve that.
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I think one coping mechanism some people with Asperger's employ is to refuse to call their unique characteristics "faults." And there's something to that. I wish, though, that being content with who you are were as simple as not letting the way society judges anyone who's not "normal" bother you, but, well...

... let's just say that last summer I found that a number of problems I'd had off and on all my adult life- including medical problems- were due to stress I'd bottled up since childhood. Rather than lament how much of my life had been wasted due to up until recently undiagnosed and unaddressed cumulative and post-traumatic stress, I decided a better choice was to figure out how to live the rest of my life as is best for me. It's not easy, but I am a lot happier and healthier now.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's not too late. We can't fix what happened to us, but we can make the here and now better.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

So Scott rolled a deer over the hood of the ancient Cavalier. He's fine, we're not sure about the car and the deer didn't fare well at all.
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

Slarti wrote:So Scott rolled a deer over the hood of the ancient Cavalier. He's fine, we're not sure about the car and the deer didn't fare well at all.
Diner's ready!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

My mom was at my aunt's tonight. Apparently, there was drinking involved because I got a call at 3 AM. From my aunt. Telling me that she wanted my brother and I to come over to get my mom. Oh, and she wanted me to buy her cigarettes on the way. Cigarettes that I don't have money for, as I only had $8 in my bank account.

Woke my brother up, got dressed, had to tell my Dad what was going on, got cigarettes (woo, $3 now -_-), and went over there. At this point, it's 4 AM. My mom was sober and could have driven herself, and I had to put up with lecturing about getting a job which I'm trying to do. This is all after Matt and I had a blow-up tonight about my job situation, which has been somewhat worked out.

However, I did get $25 out of it... Though, that's my paycheck for cleaning my aunt's house, which I start on Tuesday. She told me she'd give me whatever cigarettes cost then. And, luckily, my mom was ready to come home, so we weren't there for very long.

Except... Now I'm awake. Because I have trouble going back to sleep once I've been up sometimes. So, I've only had three hours of sleep.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

So much pain :( Chronic pain is now making it hard for me to get out of bed, let alone do simple things like sitting at computers. Coupling with fatigue is making it impossible some days.

I just had to take an hour and a half nap for sitting at the computer and typing a short few paragraphs. I shit you not. Maximum dosage of codeine is meaning I make very little sense and feel like a zombie too. It's making me rethink the offer of the major op to fit a stent, because I'm just getting worse...
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Fucking dog chewed through my power adapter cord to the laptop. Onto the fourth one... :yell
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

To folks who serve drinks in labeled pitchers- if it's kiwi-strawberry juice, don't just label it as kiwi juice.

Thank you,

a patient who had to go to the ER with strawberry allergy-induced anaphylaxis
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ferguson »

Laptop officially doesn't do anything at all and the desktop at home is down so you will officially only *maybe* see me monday through thursday eight to five until they can be fixed which, have a look over to the astonishing thread...
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

I know this isn't as big as assness like many other posters here, but to me it's just so frustrating. Sis and I are going to Hong Kong end of this month, so she wants me to keep looking up prices and places for things I want to buy when we are there. I know it's necessary that one should do that, but should one really spend a whole frikken week looking at the same stuff on the same websites over and over again? I mean, come now, chances are what they show on the website isn't what they will have in stock at the actual place!
And so each and every day I have to sit here while my sister's in my room, on my bed, telling me where to click and where to go on the website. She has her own bloody laptop with internet, why the hell do I have to hold her hand with every little FUCKING THING!? LEAVE ME ALONE! WE'RE GOING TO BE STARING AT EACHOTHER FOR OVER TWO WEEKS DURING THE HOLIDAY! GIVE ME SOME TIME TO MYSELF!