Jack Kirby's influence in your art?

A monument and archive dedicated to Dave and Paty Cockrum. Nightscrawlers was their home on the internet and always will be. This forum preserves that legacy.
StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Post by StarChild »

I seem to notice a little Kirbyesque style in your artwork, oh Great Dark Bamf, Sir. Had you ever met Jack? And when you joined the staff at Marvel, was Stan the Man still around or Jim Shooter was trying to fill his shoes? What is it like in Marvel's bullpen? The dynamics of collobration between writer, editor, and penciller, et cetera.

I had a friend named Al Vey, who used to ink for DC and First comics. He is from my hometown of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I don't even know if he's in the business yet. Time changes so many things! :faint

Ah, yes...lover at heart and along comes the ultimate romantic! Fox hunt ala Nightcrawler
Dark Bamf
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Creator

Post by Dark Bamf »

Jack Kirby wasn't a primary influence on my art, but he was certainly an influence. I started reading Marvel Comics with FF #4, Spider-Man 1, Avengers #1, X-Men #1, Daredevil #1,early issues of Thor, Iron Man, etc. etc. Kirby drew or had heavy input on most of those.

Wally Wood was probably my main comic book influence, followed by Gil Kane, Murphy Anderson, and a host of others.

:bamf
'I'm in love, I'm in love with Atilla the Hun--
Atilla the Hun, Atilla the Hun.
He may pillage your village and kill everyone
but I still love Atilla the Hun.'
--Atilla's Hunny